Gallia Academy

JChipwood
All Conference

Gallia Academy

Post by JChipwood »

I know it's still early but I am really proud of these Blue Devils this year. They have worked hard and in the end should show to be the most improved team in the SEOAL and maybe the whole area. I know all the kids and have had a chance to work with some of them and they are a great group and their new coach seems to be a really hard working guy that is passionate and compassionate about helping these guys gain success. Keep up the hard work guys, it pays off.

Go Blue!!!

JChipwood
All Conference

Re: Gallia Academy

Post by JChipwood »

Devils won a tri-match against Ironton and RV last night. Big win for the Devils, home match or not. Had a couple kids shoot higher than average numbers and still pulled out the win. Kyle Rhodes was medalist for the match with a 37. These guys are coming around and becoming a solid team. Good teams pick each other up when a player struggles and they have been able to do that so far this year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

JChip....What's the current record of the golf team, both all matches and SEOAL matches?

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I'll find out and get that stat for you Jottings, that's the least I could do considering the info you provide. Hard to keep track in golf due to invitationals and tri-matches.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Jottings, they only have one actual league match now so in the league they are virtually undefeated. They have played Ironton, Portsmouth, and Jackson in invitationals. They also had a tri with Ironton and a scheduled tri with Jackson but Jackson was unable to attend due to transportation. They have attempted to reschedule Jackson to no avail but coach Luce doesn't consider this to be a forfeit although it is what it is. Going into last night they were somewhere around 27-7 including the invites but have not lost to any team in a regular match. All seven losses were accounted for in the invites. Last night they had a tri with Meigs and RV and should have 2 more victories but I was unable to stick around until the end and do not have the final results.

radioman
Freshman Team

Post by radioman »

i attended the ironton. ga, golf match and was really impressed with the play of the

blue devils, as a ex- blue devil golfer im very interested in the competitiveness of our teams

from the seniors to the freshmen this team could dominate, i like the attitude and the

closeness of this team. Hats off to coach luce, he brings a lot of enthusiasm and

leadership to this squad. good luck the rest of the year ill be watching. tee em high and

let em fly. go blue.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

radio,

I am from the old school like you and like the tee it high and let it fly motto but with todays drivers if you don't tee it high so to speek it is nothing but low liners to center field. What a change in the game since we played???Good to see the close nit team and a competitive team out their representing our Blue Devils. It means alot to the kids seeing guys like you out their on the course interested in their accomplishments. We should put together a little match before the tournament with some of the closest supporters of this bunch. The "old guys" would have a competitive team just based on the guys I have seen up their this year. I'll play 5 on that team anyday!!

radioman
Freshman Team

Post by radioman »

chip,
sounds good just let me know when and what time. tell the boys alot of the old guard

watch with great interest and pride in their accomplishments. golf at the academy has

always been a wining tradition.

go blue

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

radio,

I'll relay the message. Maybe rooster can set something up with coach, I'll check with him and definitely let you know. I have this MFL obligation so I haven't been able to get out to recent matches. You are correct sir about pride in the Blue and their golfing success. They are headed in the right direction and they are great, hard working kids and I don't say that only about my own but all of the kids. I heard a little birdie I need to ask you about concerning your youngest.

Return to “Golf”