SEOAL Player of the year

tribetime
Freshman Team

Re: SEOAL Player of the year

Post by tribetime »

Warren shocked everyone to win the sectional tournament last year but this years POY will be no surprise to anyone at the Bow. Fivecoait takes this hands down.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Well as much as i like your username DFF, i have to disagree having been through the process and talking to college coaches about what they want and look for. I also have seen alot of DI players not excell in the tournament or make state and still get a chance. Road matches are great tools for evaluation as are Jr events in the summer. All i needed was clarification on why they missed the match and to also point out that Morgan is a great player with huge potential. To get a full ride at tOSU would require alot more than a couple 70's in the state as they don't have alot of full rides to give out for golf and usually take the schollies they have and split them up so that several members of the team can get a partial. You may walk on to OSU with a 75 average and a couple 70's in the state but not get a full ride offer. I have seen several players achieve this task and not get offered or looked at by tOSU. I also was wondering about other DI prospects at Jackson and how they were treated. No big deal and I know that missing a match isn't going to cost him everything in the end but if this were a consistant issue then it could impact it, no doubt. What he does in the summer will get him the looks especially if he continues to post scores like he did this past summer. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. I think he is a good kid and a great player and wish him well, I am behind this youngman 100%. BTW, I too am a huge Dustin Ford fan, sat behind Jackson's bench at Jackson a few years back b/c their wasn't another open seat in the visitor's section and came away very very impressed with him!!!!!!

Tribetime, I wouldn't count chickens before they hatch, these kids from Ironton and Jackson are very good players and our league always has guys going low. One day event shouldn't determine league MVP, i like the old system better. Playing at the Bow gives him a 4-6 shot advantge over the field though. Sounds like a really good player.

air4ce1
Freshman Team

Post by air4ce1 »

There's a young man by the name of Brandon Fivecoait at Warren High School. He played in the Top Flite tournament chain over the summer and was very successful. He ended up winning the final tournament at the Greenbrier and had a hole-in-one as well. He didn't make it out of sectionals which was a big surprise. He had one bad day of the whole year and this shouldn't hurt his chances as a state qualifier next year. He won 6 out of the first 9 tournaments and matches of the season. Brandon Fivecoait is one of the favorites.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Amen to that!

He's a great kid, never quits on his golf game, and always keep pushing ahead. he's being as supportive of Jordan Coffman (the Warren kid who DID qualify for districts that nobody's talking about) as any good friend could ask for.

And, too, no other guy in the SEOAL can bring their team up as much as Fivecoait, whether it be as a leader or just as one heck or a golfer.

Return to “Golf”