Week 10 West @ Burg

coop
SEOPS

Re: Week 10 West @ Burg

Post by coop »

PIRATE_FAN wrote: I was just giving my opinion. It's ok for you to get on here and talk about it but when someone says they don't know if it happened or not you try tell them to drop it?! You posted about it before me on the Burg vs West thread. As you can see I never once said it was a rumor. I just said I wonder if it is. Two totally different things. Don't put words in my mouth.
Whoa, first off..if you want to sit here and waste space talking about it we can. You DID however say you "are one fan who wont believe it unless you hear it from a reliable source" AFTER I had said what I saw, so I dont know what you're trying to say.

Again, I saw some stuff that IS USUALLY NOT typical of Burg, and thats all there is to it. NO ONE will know about the spitting as that is a he said vs he said situation, now do you want to continue with this? Or talk about the game?

N B Heat
Freshman Team

Post by N B Heat »

If the Burg wants to know the truth about which kid was spitting ask the 2 main ball carriers from Valley they know his # !

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

@ Coop...I won't waste my time trying to explain anything to you. Apparently you took it wrong. End of discussion.

footballdad
Waterboy

Post by footballdad »

N B Heat wrote:If the Burg wants to know the truth about which kid was spitting ask the 2 main ball carriers from Valley they know his # !
So I take it that the player doing the spitting was on Burgs defense? Is that right?

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Last edited by live4sport on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PirateFan
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan »

Good. I'm glad something is being done about it.

TribeParent
Waterboy

Post by TribeParent »

I would like to say that one of the Burg captains addressed the issue with the player after being informed in the locker room after the game. The Burg captian was not happy about it and was very mad. It was a single player that was the problem. I have great respect for the Burg captain and believe it will be dealt with. This Valley fan believes that it is in the past and time to move on!!!

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

TribeParent wrote:I would like to say that one of the Burg captains addressed the issue with the player after being informed in the locker room after the game. The Burg captian was not happy about it and was very mad. It was a single player that was the problem. I have great respect for the Burg captain and believe it will be dealt with. This Valley fan believes that it is in the past and time to move on!!!
Very well said and I hope that EVERYONE can now lay this subject to rest and trust in the folks at Wheelersburg to handle it within their own house. They are one of the most respected programs around and I have no doubt that the powers that be will NEVER condone such behavior and it will be dealt with appropriately.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

As for the Burg and West game...

It will be interesting to see if the Pirates can produce another effort like the one they displayed last week. It's definitely tough closing the season with two of the three toughest teams on your schedule. However, I really believe the Burg coaching staff and this young Burg team is certainly capable of stepping up again and playing another outstanding ball game.

I agree that the Senators are going to have to get pressure on Shears and not let him break contain. He is absolutely dangerous with the ball in his hands and has an ability to make people miss. He seems to make pretty good decisions with the football. I think Ratliff is just as good at limiting bad decisions for West. This one could come down to whichever team makes the first big mistake, assuming the other team can capitalize.

I really wish I would get a chance to watch this one, but I'll be in Miinford watching Valley go after their first outright SOC II title.

Good luck to both teams!!! And, best of luck in the playoffs to the winner!!!

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

stop the run- i will take burg... dont stop the run- i will take west

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Before this season got started, I was thinking that West was going to win this game but, after watching this young burg team play...... I'm now thinking that Da Burg WILL win this Friday night in a great game!!!!

GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

west 54 burg 8

LastOut
Waterboy

Post by LastOut »

Congrats to Burg on the new stadium. A word of advice, don't put in orange bleachers because they turn pink. As far as the game goes, I think it will be a tight contest. If West can contain Shears, be physical up front and control the line of scrimmage and the West backs make consistant positive gains running north/south, West should come out on top. Good luck Siders!!!

FaberGrad62
JV Team

Post by FaberGrad62 »

The last time Burg lost 2 games in the SOC was 2002. That year they lost to Waverly and West. That doesn't happen to often in Burgland and especially two in a row.

Good luck Pirates

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

win and your in...which team is gonna handle that pressure better

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I like West to win but they'll have to earn it.

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

I wish I could be watching this game also, but I'll be taking pops out to watching the Indians.
This is going to be a good game.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

HONESTABE wrote:west 54 burg 8
This is a joke...right!?!?!?

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

PirateFan2 wrote:
HONESTABE wrote:west 54 burg 8
Don't listen to him. He was saying the same stuff about Valley beating West.

HONESTABE
Waterboy

Post by HONESTABE »

and it happened west 54 burg 8

Return to “Football”