If you could have just one...league title or tournament run

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: If you could have just one...league title or tournament

Post by biggdowgg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:and actually papa, it's splinters. so i know you ain't from ironton.

nice save,,but you have to delete this one first :mrgreen:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

:aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21 :aaaaa21

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

FIDO is gone! I read his post earlier and was gonna agree with it, but the user no longer exists! Don't know what's up with that

But anyways, his post was about the recent history of the team and how that would impact the decision making. If I had to make a pick with no regard to the past, though, I would more than likely take the League Title. Just the proud feeling you get when you are told that you are the best in the league. Yes, a deep playoff run would be great, but I'll take the title.

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Long playoff run ending with a state title.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I'm gonna have to go with the deep playoff run Jackson has plenty seoal titles I love to make that trip to canton for a title game with Jackson as on of the contenders that's something i don't think k could ever forget

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

it's awesome bud, i've seen ironton play in 7 of their 8 state championship games.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Tourney Run, 10 weeks is not long enough for football season

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Playoffs!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Without a doubt a long playoff run. The 02 playoff run that we had was the most exciting season that I can remember as a Westsider it was awesome. The year before we lost in the first round to Ironton, the next year we lose two games in the regular season to Portsmouth and Coshocton, get the 7th seed in the playoffs, win our first ever playoff game by dominating New Lexington, revenge our week 10 lost to a outstanding Coshocton team, revenge our week 3 lose by beating up on Portsmouth in the regional final, shock just about the whole state of Ohio by shutting down the most athletic team that I had ever seen with a bunch of D-1 recruits in Youngstown Ursaline, then losing to the defending D-4 state champion Kenton Wildcats with the all time leading passer in high school history Ben Mauk and finishing the 02 season 12-3 and the D-4 state runner-up was so awesome and exciting something that Iwill never forget. I was telling some of the boys after the week 10 lost to Coshocton after the game to keep their heads up and they all told me don't worry we are going to play 5 more games and to be ready to follow them were ever they had to go, told them don't worry I will be there. Truely awesome season.

Return to “Football”