Running a good little league program

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Running a good little league program

Post by warningtrackpower »

http://www.svcsportszone.com/whytherushinll.html

Above is an article that will lead our discussion on this week's podcast (SVC Sports Talk)...let me know your opinions after reading. I hope to use some of the best comments on this week's show.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Re: Running a good little league program

Post by warningtrackpower »

I have noticed several people have viewed this page and hopefully the article as well. We now have this week's podcast on this topic ready for listen. Here is a look at this week's show, and a link to follow:

SVC SPORTS TALK – Episode #6

This week SVCsportszone.com is asking our sports society, “Why the Rush” in little league sports. Shayne Combs is joined by his brother Matt as both give their opinion, while the show also has the thoughts of Scott Keller (Westfall Football), Matt Hoops (Unioto Basketball), Tina Magill (Huntington Volleyball), and Casey McFadden (Paint Valley Little League Sports).

The show also takes a close look at the SVC showdown in football between Adena and Westfall as well as the other three match-ups. As always, the football coverage will include the Two-Minute Drill as Shayne and Matt will go to the Hurry-Up Offense to let you know who they think will be the Week 9 winners.

Coverage of other sports will include two golf teams at state, SVC cross country results, and a look at all levels of volleyball. Finally, the new Herbie Strange State Farm Insurance Athletes of the Week are revealed as well as an update on our SVCsportszone.com’s Fall Pick’em Contest.
http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... alk-101711

pappy1
Varsity

Re: Running a good little league program

Post by pappy1 »

Let me start by saying I am a senior citizen. I have had sons and grandsons, daughters and granddaughters play multiple sports, the earliest started somewhere near the 3rd grade.

I think you would see no difference in an athletes high school varsity ability if they didn't play until jr hi. Also there are kids who do get 'burnt out' before they get to the high school varsity level. I have a grandson that is a high school senior this year and is playing his tenth year of organized football. I contend he would have been as good a varsity football player his senior year if he would have never played until jr hi.

My two sons were both captains of their high school football teams as seniors. The oldest played little league football. The youngest didn't try football until he was in the seventh grade, then didn't play again until he was a sophomore, but was a captain his senior year just the same. I believe that little league football turns some boys against the sport because all are not ready for the high level of contact they experienced at such a young age.

Return to “Football”