Week 2 0-1 Gallia Academy @ 1-0 Hillsboro

blacksheep
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 2 0-1 Gallia Academy @ 1-0 Hillsboro

Post by blacksheep »

gahs, do you still have kids in our new school? if so ask them if the student body is fired up for our team...ive read alot of your post over time,some good and some just so...so...but ive never once called you an idiot...i never tried to tell our coach who to play where, i did however have a meeting with him some time ago and was asked for my opinion and i gave it....as for the other post you referred to our new coach has the right i guess to implement new rules,but when they affect school spiritand the spirit of the team then yes i believe along with a very large portion of the stands last friday that something is wrong with his new rules as far as the kids goes...if we go 10-0 or 0-10 i will still have the same reserve seats i have had for over 20 years...so dont say im coming down on eddy to hard, i just think that some of his ideas concerning the kids and the field are hurting the spirit of our boys......when our team comes down those stairs they looked forward to running threw all of the kids on the field, now their told [ you will hold hands boys untill you reach the field]...and i can tell you this straight 80% of them hate...dont take my word for,come to the game or ask any upper classmen...you get the answer...and for the record i like coach eddy, i just think in out town school spirit gets us all through the tuffer times...

blacksheep
Riding the Bench

Post by blacksheep »

gahs, the game you refer to ..i was there..i also know the people in which you are referring to as far as their mouths...i was sitting behind nidays mother at the time and i to got up.. i also helped another man, keep someone from going onto the field after the game enroute to knock nidays head off i believe were the guys words...so for the record eddy is fine by me.his rules will help him or hinder him time will tell... i just want my kids to be cranked up for the games as i am, and im just saying that there are alot of things that our kids look forward toand as silly as it may seem...jerseys...the field...and paiting up are among their favorites.....sorry if you misunderstood my post....

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

The word I used on the post above wasn't the right choice of word,so I edited it. Not to brag,but I've been around GAHS football/sports since 1968. I can remember the early(appx 1963)team walking to the FB field as they went by my class in Washington Elem. Back on the subject at hand. I'm sorry these boys don't like his rules. But,I guess it will be a life lesson for them. There will be rules in the future they don't like (ie college,work place) but they will have to follow them. If they don't they'll lose their job or will be kicked out of college. Thats life!!! I know one poster said it was a tradition to run thru the tunnel. I'm thinking to myself, since when. Yes in recent years they have,but a traditon NO!!! It used to be if it was a big game they would go out an do it. A tradition is Odie on the PA or Bill Gray. Jottings writing up the game in the Tribune either pre-game or postgame. The Band playing the fight song as they march down in front of the home stands. I could say more but I think you all have it. Some tradition have to end. I'm thinking both Odie and Bill both passed away with cancer and Jottings retired so, yes the tunnel could have become a tradition,. but its not.

To answer your question no my son doesn't play FB. I was so proud he got to play on and for Brent Saunders last year as the coach. So he was a part of the Brent Saunders tradition.

Blacksheep I have a question for you. I have complained for years as everyone who is on SEOP'S and the former JJ Huddle knows about the fans in the stands,namely the reserved section. Their total lack of support(cheering) except when little Johnny makes a play. So why don't you start a new tradition in that section to support the whole team when they make a play. I have seen the football players waving their arms to get you all up and even the student section has tried and it works only until they quit and leave. If half of these fans had the spriit that my 5 yr old grandson has for Blue Devils football we would never sit down.

This has been the longest post of my career on SEOP'S,so I'll close and say: GO BIG BLUE beat HILLSBORO
Believe in yourself,your team,and your coaches and you will win!!!

I'll close with a quote from former Blue Devil Head Football coach Buddy Moore:"You must realize the value of hard work. A Little bit of this goes a long,long way. You can be a success,but to succeed you must work hard!!""
Last edited by GAHS7462 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Nice post 74, so your son must have played on the 2001 team. My son was a soph that year and had many friends in the senior class. Hopefully your son was one of them... My son had a lot of respect for coach Saunders as a coach & person.... Whenever we talk about GAHS football his name is always mentioned....The tradition issue is no big deal... Just something to talk about... I have heard the Blue Devils have made some changes on both sides of the ball this coming week.. Hopefully we will find the right combination of players to turn the season around..You are correct about the reserve seat section... Some of these people treat the game as a social event....The only time I have sat in the reserve section was when my son played.... We had a small group around us that liked making noise and show support for the team..... You wouldn't believe the dirty looks we would get.. People wanted us to be quiet and sit down so they could talk about nothing.... LOL

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly why I will never buy reserved seats. More support for the team standing along the north end zone fence.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

superblue wrote:Nice post 74, so your son must have played on the 2001 team. My son was a soph that year and had many friends in the senior class. Hopefully your son was one of them... My son had a lot of respect for coach Saunders as a coach & person.... Whenever we talk about GAHS football his name is always mentioned....The tradition issue is no big deal... Just something to talk about... I have heard the Blue Devils have made some changes on both sides of the ball this coming week.. Hopefully we will find the right combination of players to turn the season around..You are correct about the reserve seat section... Some of these people treat the game as a social event....The only time I have sat in the reserve section was when my son played.... We had a small group around us that liked making noise and show support for the team..... You wouldn't believe the dirty looks we would get.. People wanted us to be quiet and sit down so they could talk about nothing.... LOL

Yes he was the starting left guard for Coach Saunders. The 2nd time coach came back after the Fenick joke. I remember your son also and I know who you are. Don't know if you know me or not. I wish I could make the game tonight. I was going to blow off the first part of our reunion tonight and go,but the flu has me down now,and I won't make either one. So I hoping the radio has it on.

Anyone know if they will have the game on??????

Yes that reserve section if pityful. The mothers sit there an gab all night until they hear a roar and then want to know whats going on. Then you have the coaching section that stands by the top rail to the right of the pressbox. Now they are funny. They all ought to be coaching on saurday/sunday. Guess they didn't know alot about football since I had to turn around and tell them they had an inadvertent whistle durning the Athens game. But,they have fun.
One person idea of a tradition will not be the other person idea of one. One tradition I would love to see is everyone supporting the ball team no matter who the coach is or what his rules are. I mean do you see the Ironton people complaining about Coach Lutz rules and I sure he has some strict ones.

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

74, Sorry but I have to confess I do not know who you are.. I could probably do some research and figure you out, but that isn't necessary... You have a real scary Photo, You look like a "mean grumpy old Blue Devil Fan."..........LOL......... Look me up sometime at the field... I usually hang at the North End..... I expect the game will be on the Radio tonight.... Not able to go, to many hours of work this week.... Wish you a speedy recovery from the flu bug...... Support the Blue & "Pound the Rock"

2Blue
Waterboy

Post by 2Blue »

Good luck Blue. I recall the food was great at HB when we played DeSales.
By the way, what is on that cat's head :lol: (Bobcat)? Looks like a lime or musk melon! He doesn't look happy.

scout
Waterboy

Post by scout »

i agree with black sheep.....gravely needs to be carryin the ball alot more hes a power house...he by far the most aggressive runner we have and he can make plays....and we definantly need to get lewis and gordon off the sidelines and n the game...and moore is doin a fine job as QB give the kid a break no line the first game of the season how do u think u would do?...his game should definantly improve tonight.................go devils

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

what a game it was hillsboro won 35-34

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

yuk.... oh well.. keep on going gallia.. ironton fan.. c ya in less than twnety four hours...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

bluedevil wrote:what a game it was hillsboro won 35-34

Sounds like it was a great game!!!!!!!!

bluedevil
JV Team

Post by bluedevil »

yea gallia lost a tough one because they missed a extra point

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Sounds like the O is coming around next the D

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Glad to see Gallia play the way we all knew they could. Tough loss but wins are comin.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

well 34 points is a major improvement great job :!:

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Very tough loss. Blue MUST take care of football. Officiating was HORRENDOUS! You were right coach to be angry at that fumble non-call.
Penalty really didn't matter.

Keep working boys.

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Funny blacksheep ya didnt mention #20 . He caught 2 td passes this week,would you put him on the field?

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Very tough loss. Blue MUST take care of football. Officiating was HORRENDOUS! You were right coach to be angry at that fumble non-call.
Penalty really didn't matter.

Keep working boys.

the fumble did'nt kill us but the 2 pt conversion did

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

blaze275 wrote:Funny blacksheep ya didnt mention #20 . He caught 2 td passes this week,would you put him on the field?

#20 stepped up and had a good game tonight made some really nice catches

Return to “Football”