Varsity

Re: Ironton Fighting Tigers vs Ashland Tomcats

Post by streetballer »

most of u guys act like ironton cant be beat....they will lose this week

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

streetballer wrote:most of u guys act like ironton cant be beat....they will lose this week
most of the time we're right.......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

tl895 wrote:
streetballer wrote:most of u guys act like ironton cant be beat....they will lose this week
most of the time we're right.......
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttthats funny right there!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

actually this should be a good measuring stick for ironton, we need a good stiff challenge, from the tomcats, because we really have not been battle tested yet. and starting this week, the competition goes way up.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

It is just another leg on the table!!!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

whatever you say , you wise ole owl.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton will prevail be close till 3rd quarter and Ironton will pull away with their running game look to see a few passing calls mixed in and seeing some nickle defense mixed in.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

tomcat qb cant pass sitting on his can... pressure is the key reduce his comfort zone and pick em off as he scrambles....

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

Gotta respect what Ashland did against Goerge Washington, losing only 18-14. GW is ranked #2 in AAA WV. Not saying that GW can beat the Ohio big schools, but they are very good team nevertheless, with a running back over 800 yards in 3 games who is being recruited by Stanford. Ashland showed in that game that they could compete against a strong rushing attack. Should be a real good one on Friday night.

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

Ashland is a tough place to play at. Do not discount them when they play at home. When we played them in 1989 at Ashland we barely beat them 20-15. I look for Ironton to win in a very close game.... Go Tigers!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT BIG DINGER.
it's always been a tough place to play, they always have a ton of big ole boys out, and could play any ohio schedule in their size range , and be more than competitive.and you never know what you are gonna get there, officiating wise. i've seen calls that still haunt me, hard to get a fair shake there sometimes. i'll tell you what, if we are ahead, we better hammer it to them , so the game is not close, if you know what i mean.i look for this to be an epic slobber knockin, snot bubble blowin, bust your chinstrap kinda game.my worry still with the fighting tigers , is our secondary, i still feel that is our achilles heel. if we stand up to the pass game well, and not get fooled by misdirection, and trickeration plays. i think we can line up n play smashmouth with anybody , and still be runnin through walls in the 4th quarter. go fighting tigers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

my biggest concern is the actual ball itself, and how we hold it. i know you younguns read this, so take this to heart. never, ever let the ball loose from your body, always carry the ball high n tight in the armpit area , tuck 1 end into your pit, and squeeze the other end like you are packin a million dollars through new york. when you come through the line, both hands on each end of the ball at all times, not sometimes.when you break free, and head toward a sideline, transfer the ball to the outer arm, closest to the sideline , and use that stiff arm as a weapon, don't let people cut your legs, blast them with a stiffarm, and turn their legs into jelly. and if you do somehow lose the ball , since the football is in your arm nearest the sideline. you would still have possession of the ball, if it goes out of bounds.and finally lower that shoulder, towards contact make sure the ball is secured, i mean secure as in if you get knocked into tookie tookie land that ball is still there.get up fast, and show no signs of wear, as if you are daring someone to try you again.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I for one am not gonna count Ashland as a win. We are gonna have to play our best and that may not be good enough. I hope the last 3 games have not spoiled us. Tigers better be ready to play. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and my comment is, take the tackling more serious, no arm tackling, no i hit you so hard you can't possibly keep going, as you watch them scamper on down the field. jack their jaws when you make contact, wrap both arms, and slide down the legs squeezing your arms around their ankles i don't care if it's hulk hogan, he ain't going nowhere if you have his feet. grab anything but the facemask if you have to till help arrives. make sure you don't watch sportscenter , and come up and try to strip a ball, then miss the tackle all together, make sure the manis contained and going down, if a team mate can WHACK THE BALL LOSSE, SO BE IT.never ever watch a runners eyes, or arms or legs, they are there to trick you.watch the belt, where the hips go, the body has to follow.no other where can the body go. run through a person while wrapping them up like you are trying out for the buckeyes , and stick them with everything in you, trust me they will remember that the whole game. was i a great player, nope. not at all, in fact i didn't even start varsity. i was second string my sophomore year. when i completely blew out my acl, and never played another down.in my life. i was not fast, but i learned the fundamentals, nobody can ever take that from me. i love football, i study football, i read coaching books. it's a passion to me. state championships can be lost, playoff games can be lost. but don't ever let anybody beat you because you lack the passion, and desire. you only get to do this once. do it with every fiber in your body.
AND FINALLY KNOCK THE STUFFING OUTTA DEM ASHLAND TOMCATS.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

If Ironton blocks the way they can and tackle like they was taught then Ironton will win but turn that ball over and that can be the doom of them.
Ashland will be up and ready for this game and being home they will want to win it even more so.
close game but Irontons running game may be what wins this by limiting Ashland the number of touches on offence that they are wanting

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

86Tiger wrote:I for one am not gonna count Ashland as a win. We are gonna have to play our best and that may not be good enough. I hope the last 3 games have not spoiled us. Tigers better be ready to play. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!
I truly hope they do not look past the tomcats, I have a buddy who I did my student teaching under many years ago who is still an ashland assistant coach, He said their boys have voluntarily extended some practices to make sure they are ready for this game. They are seeking revenge for last years score and it will be a packed house. So tigers, be prepared for a tough game the cats from ashland are coming to fight. You obviously have the talent to get the job done,Just do not take them for granted.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thats the way i see it as well. i think ironton has a very good chance at a state run this year, but they gotta do it one game at a time, and limit turnovers. cause the schedule from here on out is big time tough.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:thats the way i see it as well. i think ironton has a very good chance at a state run this year, but they gotta do it one game at a time, and limit turnovers. cause the schedule from here on out is big time tough.

Stop this we have been saying that for over ten years.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Last year Ashland finished an impressive 7-3.

Ironton beat them 43-6.

I will predict much of the same this Friday.

Go Tigers!

Return to “Football”