D4 R15 - #1 Ironton vs. #4 Highland at Logan

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Westfan
SEOP

Re: D4 #1 Ironton vs. #4 Sparta Highland

Post by Westfan »

BigOrangeOne wrote:I can assure you that Highland saw Ironton play before last Friday night. Those were Jr. high coaches you saw last Friday night. I know for a fact that they scouted Portsmouth West THREE WEEKS before the season was even over. I believe they were seen at the Minford-West game. These boys ain't no dummies and do plan ahead just a little.

I'd say that they are remiss if they HAVEN'T already scouted Heath and Hartley. I doubt they are already planning on hanging up their jocks after Friday night. :122249

My guess is that Heath is going to be a tough out.
just curious. How do you know all that?

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

You can tell Highland is well coached. When they get on your side of the 50 you can hear one of the coaches yell "tempo" and they go to a very high paced offense. They run to the line of scrimmage and don't give any time to move defensively. They snap the ball very quickly. It seemed to really catch us off guard.

They run a very tight double wing similar to what Chesapeake does. Offensive line is average size but quick. They have an excellent tight end. Defensive line isn't very big. You can run on them. Except for the Tight end #81, they basically plattoon upfront which really plays into their uptempo style. I was just curious how much they scouted us because the last couple years the wing T has given us more problems than anything, and that was with our Lb's Trevon and Lee. Without them, we were really hurting.

They have a good kicking game. If Ironton can establish some field position, not turn the ball over, and use your big Oline to work on them, you should work on them pretty good. Talent wise, I agree with West Sider, they aren't that good. I say Ironton pulls away big in the second half.

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Re: D4-REG.15-#1 IRONTON VS. SPARTA HIGHLAND AT LOGAN

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO LOGAN FROM WAVERLY, ROUGHLY HOW LONG A DRIVE.
Try this route, or if you meet me in Chillicothe Friday at 4:30, I'll take ya right to the stadium, I live right across from it...lol

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=39.333 ... an%2C%20OH

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

Hope you all travel well... I will definately attend this game... Then off to Nelsonville Saturday to watch the Fredericktown/Wheelersburg game... Fantastic weekend of H.S. Football... Both Venues are great...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ME AND MY POPS WILL BE HEADING UP THAT WAY FROM WAVERLY. WE HAVE A GPS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. HOW DO I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON ME. LOL.

OVCfan
Freshman Team

Post by OVCfan »

BigOrange,

It was just an Observation. I was just relaying what I saw and heard. I didn't realize you knew more about the people sitting in front of me than I did. I didn't say, they hadn't seen Ironton I just said it was funny to hear someone describe Ironton as if Ironton hasn't been doing the same thing successfully for 30 years.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:ME AND MY POPS WILL BE HEADING UP THAT WAY FROM WAVERLY. WE HAVE A GPS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. HOW DO I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON ME. LOL.
thats a blind date :lol: :lol:

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

Good Luck Ironton...

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

1987chieftains wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:ME AND MY POPS WILL BE HEADING UP THAT WAY FROM WAVERLY. WE HAVE A GPS. I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU. HOW DO I KNOW YOU DON'T HAVE A CRUSH ON ME. LOL.
thats a blind date :lol: :lol:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------NOW THATS COLD. :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I'm thiking the weather should be nice for the date [middle of November]

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

philthyphil wrote:What a crock. Like I've said before, I hate the way Ohio does playoffs.
How is it a crock? It is almost exactly halfway for both teams. Thats fair.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO LOGAN FROM WAVERLY, ROUGHLY HOW LONG A DRIVE.

I would take 23 North to 35, then head east to McArthur. Go into McArthur and take 93 North to 33 then take 33 East towards Athens for about 2 or 3 miles and take the 328 exit. At the top of the ramp turn right and go about a half mile and the stadium will be on the left. You will have to go to the last entrance [should be a policeman there] people will direct you to a parking lane.

Not much more than an hours drive.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Good luck to both teams! Rooting for Highland!

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

philthyphil wrote:What a crock. Like I've said before, I hate the way Ohio does playoffs.
It is a Crock. OHSAA at it's Finest........................IRONTON BY AS MANY AS THEY WANT.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: D4 R15 - #1 Ironton vs. #4 Highland at Logan

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

When Ironton is at the bottom tip of the state they are always going to get a bad draw for playoff games I would assume

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

siderman wrote:
BigOrangeOne wrote:I can assure you that Highland saw Ironton play before last Friday night. Those were Jr. high coaches you saw last Friday night. I know for a fact that they scouted Portsmouth West THREE WEEKS before the season was even over. I believe they were seen at the Minford-West game. These boys ain't no dummies and do plan ahead just a little.

I'd say that they are remiss if they HAVEN'T already scouted Heath and Hartley. I doubt they are already planning on hanging up their jocks after Friday night. :122249

My guess is that Heath is going to be a tough out.
just curious. How do you know all that?
I got friends in low places. :-D

Some other things some of you guys seem interested in:

There were 36.5 seconds on the clock when they called time out. (by the game film).

They only had 10 men on the field is WHY they called time out. Subs were coming in and out is why they only had 10 men. (and the game film clearly shows that).

The young man (sophomore) that scored the touchdown was, in fact, a 3rd string running back by the name of Fischer, I believe. The 2nd was on the bench for personal reasons.

Maybe that will answer some of the rumors and questions floating around on here and now we can MOVE ON to this weeks game......Highland vs Ironton.

BTW.... I can send you a link to some of the action of the game, including the final TD run, if you'd like in case you weren't there.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

55Buckeyes98 wrote:When Ironton is at the bottom tip of the state they are always going to get a bad draw for playoff games I would assume
Not only "bottom tip" geographically, but most sparsely populated part of the state, too!
You're absolutely right - we southern River Rats are always going to travel farther!
It's just an irrefutable matter of demographics and geography!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

If you are interested in a good home cooked meal, stop at LJ's at the corner of St Rt 328 and Front street. LJ's is within one mile of the football field.
Last edited by moonshine on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

I drove from Lake White to Logan weekly for 6 years ....

Rt 23 north to Rt 159 (north of Chilly by hospital) after about 3 miles turn right on Rt 180...

Rt 180 to Rt 33 (above Logan) .... turn right then about 5 miles to Rt 328..turn right for 1 mile ....... one hour

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Let's go ironton!! You got this ironmen cheering for you.

Return to “Football”