WV 'AAA' title game put on H-O-L-D!

carbon_dated
All State

WV 'AAA' title game put on H-O-L-D!

Post by carbon_dated »

Can you believe that? Looks like its the judges, lawyers, etc. who are going to determine whether South Charleston or Brooke play Martinsburg for the AAA championship. We do know it won't be played this Saturday as scheduled, so I'm guessin' the following weekend.

SC used those players involved in that fight vs Hurricane the following week vs. Brooke, and won 29-28, but they were the team's best 4 players. Somehow, the SSAC of West Virginny let an attorney from Kanawha Co. block their suspensions long enough to play.

Stay tuned. Gonna be interesting.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: WV 'AAA' title game put on H-O-L-D!

Post by Steely Dan »

As the Eagles sang on their reunion album "Hell Freezes Over":

"Kill all the lawyers, kill them tonight!!!!!!!!!!"

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

In the old west they used to say that if there was ONE lawyer in town he had a hard time making a living but if there were TWO in town they both got RICH. :mrgreen:

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Why have rules if they are going to be ignored?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

The WVSSAC is a wishy washy group. Not suprised this has happened because they make rules and then disregard them at the first sign of a lawsuit.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Heard today that SC will play in the final

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Heard this am that judge delayed the game for a week to 10 days. Soon it'll be like PA when they don't play the title games until week before Christmas.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Be honest everyone...We all knew this would happen!!!! I watched the tape that night and knew the lawyers would be involved. It sounded like they made a ruling without even looking at the tape... Then the wrong players were being suspended....What a joke... I do not always agree with the way OHSAA handles stuff, but we all know when OHSAA makes a decision they stand by it.... and OHSAA usually has the best lawyers.....LOL

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

superblue wrote:Be honest everyone...We all knew this would happen!!!! I watched the tape that night and knew the lawyers would be involved. It sounded like they made a ruling without even looking at the tape... Then the wrong players were being suspended....What a joke... I do not always agree with the way OHSAA handles stuff, but we all know when OHSAA makes a decision they stand by it.... and OHSAA usually has the best lawyers.....LOL
Yes, and they are smart enough to rule after the title game has been played. Anyone remember Africentric?

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Wasn't Africentric basketball? 5 years or so didn't a cincy school have to forfeit a state semi-final victory because they used an ineligible player doing the season and it wasn't discovered until after the semi final game? I believe they brought back Mentor to take the schools place.... There was a big court battle in Cincy over the ruling... I attended the finals that year and there was some uncertainty if the D-1 game would be played. The case was dropped late fri night and the game was played on Sat... I hope that doesn't happen this year......LOL....

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

superblue wrote:Wasn't Africentric basketball? 5 years or so didn't a cincy school have to forfeit a state semi-final victory because they used an ineligible player doing the season and it wasn't discovered until after the semi final game? I believe they brought back Mentor to take the schools place.... There was a big court battle in Cincy over the ruling... I attended the finals that year and there was some uncertainty if the D-1 game would be played. The case was dropped late fri night and the game was played on Sat... I hope that doesn't happen this year......LOL....
Yes Africentric was basketball, still the OHSAA though. I remember Brunswick replacing Colerain in the state finals against St. Iggy, I think it was, several years ago.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks for the correction Heavy..... It was Brunswick, my memory let me down, again.... Everyone was rooting for Brunswick
to pull the upset...They played tough the first half but Iggy came to life in the second half... Don't remember much about the Africentric case to discuss it.... I remember the teams that Africentric beat to get to the finals were really upset...

BRIDGEPORT01
Freshman Team

Post by BRIDGEPORT01 »

In WV you can not look at the tape and say who is kicked out.One of the refs is 2 site back and write down #'s as the fight is going on.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

This is stupid. Let the kids play

BRIDGEPORT01
Freshman Team

Post by BRIDGEPORT01 »

Your right its stupid ,but if your team had 2 play a team that got in a fight and there bench cleared when a fight started you would what the players 2 site out like the rules say you have 2.

They are saying the game may never be played couse it is prob going 2 supreme court and they are out until the middle of JAN.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

It is good to see that the legal system in WV must have all the problems solved since they have time to deal with a high school football game. You tell me what the kids are learning from this-the person with the best lawyer wins!

Chieftain
Varsity

Post by Chieftain »

The question is -- did the fight take place during the actual game or after it was over ( game time -wise ) ?

Depending on the facts , heres one case where I might cancel the state title game and show the state no lawyers are going to control athletic playoffs..

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

I remember hearing them say on TV that this fight started with 14 seconds left in the game. It was a wild scene.

BRIDGEPORT01
Freshman Team

Post by BRIDGEPORT01 »

the only team its really hurting is MARTINSBURG couse they did nothing wrong and are prob not going 2 play in the game they worked all year 2 get 2.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Rules are rules! Look at the pro players and even college players that believe they are above the rules and laws. Until the public gets a back bone and says if you break the rule you live by the cosequences then why have rules at all.
It is a shame but kids need to learn young that as a society we must follow the rules that are put in place.
My TWO cents.

Return to “Football”