Wellston Golden Rockets Football 2011

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Wellston Golden Rockets Football 2011

Post by Dundas »

I've never been hit with rocks in Wellston but I have been hit by buckeyes in Nelsonville.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Now Dundas you know that Buchtel does no wrong they are the best host to everyone. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Just got back from a place most people dread going and a guy in there was fuming about ESPN and all the doings. He said they don't want to contribute anything at all and want 100% of it donated and some of the donaters are saying no way to their demands. No artificial grass, no track. I don't know what he knows or how he knows it....but he was not impressed with ESPN one bit. Hopefully he's mostly wrong.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

not sure whats going on but i was at the field a couple of days ago and it looked like nothing was happening. i hope it all works out.

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

HSFBFAN wrote:were you referring to me Rocket Proud?
How can anyone use the words rocket and proud at the same time......?

JACKSON 56
wellston 6

footballfanatic1
All Conference

that would be like ESPN not to be able to rise up....

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Proud to be a Rocket.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Another idiotic break in of the facilities that are trying to be remodeled. Second time this has happened. People in our area just need to get a life....geesh.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I feel bad for the kids... I hope it works out!

footballfanatic1
All Conference

what are these people thinking?? hopefully the police catch who ever it is.

The Fonz
Waterboy

Post by The Fonz »

Is Prater still at Wellston?

zipper1
Freshman Team

Post by zipper1 »

no he transferd to beaver eastern.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good program....couldn't tell you the last time they lost a football game.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

he will be starting at every position......just like he would at wellston...
Last edited by footballfanatic1 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

It's sad that heathens have to spoil a great thing. I would like nothing more than for the Rockets to have the facility that they deserve. Hopefully the community can come up with a solution to stopping this distraction.
I hope the people get caught and are made to provide manual labor for the entire project and for cleanup after all home games for the rest of the season. They should have to wear a shirt that identifies them as the one's who were damaging and stealing while cleaning up after the fans at all home football games!

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

camnott wrote:It's sad that heathens have to spoil a great thing. I would like nothing more than for the Rockets to have the facility that they deserve. Hopefully the community can come up with a solution to stopping this distraction.
I hope the people get caught and are made to provide manual labor for the entire project and for cleanup after all home games for the rest of the season. They should have to wear a shirt that identifies them as the one's who were damaging and stealing while cleaning up after the fans at all home football games!
Agree 100% with this but it seams like you can't ever have anything due to thieves and low life trash around these parts do they really not understand that those people that they are stealing from are trying to help out there community!

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Ironman92 wrote:Just got back from a place most people dread going and a guy in there was fuming about ESPN and all the doings. He said they don't want to contribute anything at all and want 100% of it donated and some of the donaters are saying no way to their demands. No artificial grass, no track. I don't know what he knows or how he knows it....but he was not impressed with ESPN one bit. Hopefully he's mostly wrong.
I can do nothing but laugh at people like this. This is exactly what ESPN Rise Up is about. It is NOT ESPN coming in and funding/building everything. It's a show that is supposed to show a community come together to contribute to the project. With ESPN's involvement it should make donations and so forth easier to come by, but that's about where it ends. When they did this in New Orleans that particular high school did receive new jerseys, equipment, etc. but that was from sponsors who are basically advertising through ESPN (Nautilus equipment, Nike jerseys, etc). Whoever said all of that is just another typical person who is expecting a complete handout and never truly knew what this was about. I said as much in the ESPN Rise Up thread: If ESPN was looking for a community to come together then pick another place besides Wellston, because we've almost never done that as a community to begin with. Anyone who lives there knows that. The rest of the people who got excited about ESPN coming were merely expecting a complete handout.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

per the Wellston city schools website. The project reveal date will be August 6th.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

man they better be starting on the track and turf. this takes awhile.

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

There not getting turf there getting sod and they have already started laying it down.

Return to “Football”