PVC - what's the early buzz?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Re: PVC - what's the early buzz?

Post by riverpilot33 »

Seems to me that Fort Frye would be the most likely to leave, I dont know how deeply rooted they are in the PVC though.

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

I don't see anyone coming or going! Fort Frye will not leave the PVC. Just my opinion. Any more info on coaching changes, who is coming in or going out, including assistant coaches?
Newcomers to watch etc.....

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

Think someone already posted about it, but Shenandoah's head coach resigned. Not sure who his replacement will be.

Any word on scheduling changes or scrimmages teams will be participating in?

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

Central doesn't have a week 1 at the moment.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

So, no more great games with Columbiana? That was a tough opener

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

riverpilot33 wrote:Seems to me that Fort Frye would be the most likely to leave, I dont know how deeply rooted they are in the PVC though.
Fort Frye has been in the PVC since the 60s. I don't see them going anywhere. A move to the TVC would be a giant step back for them imo

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

What about frontier? I'm not sure how deeply rooted they are in the PVC.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Fort Frye doesn't have any reason to leave the PVC. Geographically, we just aren't a good fit for any existing league. If Shadyside or Barnesville join, I don't see us traveling well to those places, so maybe we'd consider making a change.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

I drain 3's wrote:What about frontier? I'm not sure how deeply rooted they are in the PVC.
They've been in the PVC since the early 70s. Competively, they haven't been at the top much in those 40 years in football. But when you evaluate leagues you have to consider all the sports not just one. I don't know how well they have competed in the other sports.

If any team would leave it would probably be Trail. But they may not have many options of joining another league and in my opinion in today's age being in a league is important.

Personally I hope the PVC stays just as it is. Like somebody else said I think I read this every year and nothing has ever come of it

footballfreak22
Waterboy

Post by footballfreak22 »

Whats the best game to go watch this year in the PVC?

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

Watched our (Caldwell) junior high football team play a few times this year. They were undefeated and murdered every team they played by 40 points plus from what I was told. They are a really nice group. Could see Lori/Clark/Heller/Rucker/Ivey all helping out in football in some capacity in the near future. Clark and Heller will make immediate impacts in hoops next winter if I had to guess. I think the biggest difference in football from two years ago to this season (for the current 8th grade class) was coaching. They were really well coached this past fall. This class is very talented in all sports. The Heller kid is their second best hoops player and missed half the year with a broken arm, the tall Crum kid (6'5) was ineligible due to absences the first grading period and they still won the junior high tourny. Combined with the two stud hoops players in the soph class, the athletes in the frosh class and a few in the group behind them they should be solid in all sports over the next several years. Finally a little excitement for Caldwell sports.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

footballfreak22 wrote:Whats the best game to go watch this year in the PVC?
River @ Monroe Central week 3 should be huge for both teams.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Where would FF go?FF is in the OVAC and Eastern District and will not be going to TVC Hocking.Come on horrible Waterford goes 6-4 every year latelyv and FF beats them like 35-0.

footballfreak22
Waterboy

Post by footballfreak22 »

Who then wins in the matchup of River vs. Monroe Central?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

footballfreak22 wrote:Who then wins in the matchup of River vs. Monroe Central?
To early for me to make a prediction but it should be a good one.

Tomcatdad7
Waterboy

Post by Tomcatdad7 »

EasternDspy wrote:Where would FF go?FF is in the OVAC and Eastern District and will not be going to TVC Hocking.Come on horrible Waterford goes 6-4 every year latelyv and FF beats them like 35-0.
FF almost lost to belpre who went 0-10!! waterford beat belpre 41-6, That game waterford lost Key runningback in matt west and couldnt fill his shoes untill next game when derik brown stepped in as a freshman and ran the ball for 800 yards is his 7 games. It was a bad game that everyteam has and wishes they could get back itll be a diffrent story next year

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Get over it FF has dominated Waterford back to back to back to back seasons.FF beat Belpre like 28-10.Chandler Lang and Spencer Lang only get better.FF needs to find a few lineman after losing 2 but they return all skills guys.

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

Any word on who MC is looking to pick up for week 1?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye vs River will be an interesting game as the Cadets return most of the team.River should be the favorite but it won't be no push over game. Qb Chan Lang Jr Rb Spencer Lang SR FB Close So WR Justin Massey Sr and Luke Yates SO OL- BOWMAN Sr Alsbach SR Wittekind SO Layton So Garett Sorry forget your last name.All players started one game or more.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Wow, a game at Waterloo? Had to mapquest that school and it's a 2.5 hr. drive from Woodsfield. Too bad Seminoles couldn't have picked up a Belpre, Trimble or some team a little closer.

Return to “Football”