Gallia Vs Meigs Jamboree Game

superblue
All Conference

Gallia Vs Meigs Jamboree Game

Post by superblue »

I believe this is scheduled for Friday at 7:30 on the Meigs field... Hopefully this is correct...LOL... Gallia looked impressive coming off there first scrimmage against Parkersburg. Did Meigs scrimmage anyone this past week and if they did, how did they look?? Looking forward to seeing Meigs new field... Any thoughts.....

LHS 72
S

Re: Gallia Vs Meigs Jamboree Game

Post by LHS 72 »

From the highway the field and complex looks very nice a much need improvment!

Inked Parrothead
Riding the Bench

Post by Inked Parrothead »

Meigs scrimmaged jackson. Very tough to look good against them.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I'm very happy for the kids at Meigs on their new field. I can't wait to see it next season when the Vikings come to town. As for the game, this will be a good test for a Meigs team with some lofty expectations this season. I hope they play well against Gallia!

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

this game will answer a lot of questions,i still suspect we are a near .500 team. i want to see how bartrum is doing as the coach of meigs and how they have changed.
i was told by several friends around pburg not to get too excited about beating big reds,they are really down on athletes and most are going to south and pbcatholic,
we should find out this friday if were headed in the right direction.

iluvgahs
Waterboy

Post by iluvgahs »

I don't expect meigs to be the "test" either I believe pburg is better than them might just have to wait until athens

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

I think parkersburg and meigs will both win more games then they lose this year. What i will look for in the meigs game is just continuing improvement. A lot of people were weary of the pass defense. What i saw was a couple of kids got caught looking in the backfield. Had a couple of people out of position so i'm not worried about that. The most exciting thing last week to me was execution and sharpness. this was at a level that we have not scene until about week 3 the last 2 years if this team can continue to improve this week and next. They will be ready to hit the ground running. something we have not done the last couple of years.

if this team continues to improve every week. it will be a while before we see a real challenge maybe week 3 maybe beyond. Now that is if they keep improving. what i hope to see Friday is another step.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

GAHS had a pretty good turnout for Thursday's "Meet the Team Night" on Memorial Field. Members of the GAHS band, cheerleaders, soccer, volleyball, cross country, football teams were introduced, The golf team had a match and was unable to attend
Last edited by jottings on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The two varsity quarters will be broadcast on Retro 92.1 FM and online at www.wyvk.com.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Does anybody have the time for the game?

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

7:30 is what was posted

Rvbballdude
Varsity

Post by Rvbballdude »

Blue Devils looked ok tonight,too many turnovers,the running game looked decent,Meigs is good QB play away from being a pretty good team.The kid will prob improve. Boyer runs and plays hard. Doubt they are a factor in the TVC this year, JV/Freshmen looked good from Meigs.
Good Luck
Both teams

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

GAHS still shows a problem that has haunted them the past few years, penalties and turnovers. They must overcome these in order to have a good season. There were times when we struggled tonight. Most of these were when we were shuffling players in and out. The second series a Meigs LB kept blitzing and caused havoc. The OL did get that figured out, and its a good thing because we never figured it out last year against Athens and that is why we lost that game. GAHS did show potential, I'm looking for improvement every week. The play that impressed me the most was when our DE, who is also an OT ran down a Meigs back that had broke away. He is a JR and has awesome potential.

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

What i took from tonight game was this meigs team is more hard hitting team then the team i have scene the last few years. This team is way ahead of the team GA scrimmaged in final scrimmage last year. I think Meigs will surprise a few teams. On GA side of the ball. They seemed a little over confident and not quite ready for the challenge they faced. A lot of sloppy play by both quarterbacks and some missed assignments tonight. Not quite the big step forward i had hoped for from last week. I guess if there were any bright spots in all the sloppy play by gallia quarterbacks is that not many of the mistakes were do to quarterbacks throwing to covered receivers or bad reads. Even the fumbles and that bad pitch were just easily corrected errors.

I still feel this team is way ahead of last years team at this point of year. I am not saying there a better team. i am saying they are executing at a higher level going in to week 1. 2 major differences in this years team then last. number 1 is no matter what quarterback is in game the passing game will be much improved. Secondly the quarterback either one will be more of a threat to run.
which will give the defense one more read to make.

I am glad this game was not a cake walk like some thought it would be. Hopefully this was the wake-up call for a good week of practice focused in on Athens. looked like blue devils made it out of tonight with out adding anyone to the major injured list.

with the freshman game cancelled for Thursday night i guess next live football will be at Athens on Friday.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Here is how bad Parkersburg really is was outscored 70-14 in a scrimmage against George Washington and Capital this evening.

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

pics from scrimmage up as usual at http://www.gahssports.com/

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

edforshey wrote:Here is how bad Parkersburg really is was outscored 70-14 in a scrimmage against George Washington and Capital this evening.
BAD!!! as i stated they have no athletes,so beating them wasjust because they are bad.
meigs is alot better than parkersburg,meigs might win 4 games.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Why has the freshman game been cancelled?

seoal83
Freshman Team

Post by seoal83 »

out of gallia's 14 or 15 freshmen. like 6 or 7 of them were unable to dress Friday due to injury. Also because some of the freshmen are going to also play jv. i think it was to make sure no one went over quarter limits not that i think that was a big fear.

Return to “Football”