they handled the invasion of orange and
black when ironton played there.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: WEEK 13 Valley vs. Liberty Union

Post by Steely Dan »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:they handled the invasion of orange and
black when ironton played there.
NY will do a fine job of hosting this game and handling the crowd. They have previously hosted higher division games with large crowds, with no problems. Despite some disparaging comments from the ignorant :122246 , Boston field is a great facility and the locals will make sure that both teams have no complaints, and enjoy the contest. Oh, and I have nothing to do with NY, I live 45 minutes away in the Fed Hock school district. I'm simply stating my unbiased opinion here, because I did not like some of the things that have been previously stated or implied, by those who don't know the facts.

Your teams are still playing, so griping about where you are playing at this point is petty. Get over it. Go support your team. Enjoy the game, and appreciate the effort being put forth by folks who wish their team was still playing. You all have a great problem to have and no right to complain.

I'm rooting for the Indians all the way, I hope that they enjoy a resounding victory, with no injuries. You have the opportunity to carry the torch and make us all proud in SEO. Best of luck to both squads!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

N4da'score wrote:WOW.........LOOK FOR THOUSANDS OF SCIOTO COUNTIANS TO INVADE NELSONVILLE SATURDAY!!!! CAN THEY HANDLE THAT MANY SOC FAITHFUL??????? WE WILL SEE......I'M THINK'N MAYBE THE OHSAA MAY HAVE MADE A VERY BAD SITE CHOICE. BUT THATS THEIR PROBLEM...............VALLEY INDIAN FANS WILL PACK'EM IN, "ONE GAME AT A TIME, THE ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!" :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26
Everytime someone thinks their school brings 10,000 fans they show up and there are empty seasts!

There is more than enough room at NY, and they do an outstanding job hosting!
Show up enjoy the game and have fun. There is always enough seating and the food is good.

N4da'score
Freshman Team

Post by N4da'score »

Orange and Brown wrote:
N4da'score wrote:WOW.........LOOK FOR THOUSANDS OF SCIOTO COUNTIANS TO INVADE NELSONVILLE SATURDAY!!!! CAN THEY HANDLE THAT MANY SOC FAITHFUL??????? WE WILL SEE......I'M THINK'N MAYBE THE OHSAA MAY HAVE MADE A VERY BAD SITE CHOICE. BUT THATS THEIR PROBLEM...............VALLEY INDIAN FANS WILL PACK'EM IN, "ONE GAME AT A TIME, THE ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!" :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26 :aaaaa26
Everytime someone thinks their school brings 10,000 fans they show up and there are empty seasts!

There is more than enough room at NY, and they do an outstanding job hosting!
Show up enjoy the game and have fun. There is always enough seating and the food is good.
Valley will pack them stands for sure, The site statement is my opinion from past visits.....and I'm stick'n with that opinon....NY = BFE !!!!! BUT thanks for the grub offer......WE PAC!!!!!! :lol:

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I don't think anyone is putting NY down. We are just saying we will pack it and I'm sure LU will also pack it. From what LU fans were saying last week, there wasn't enough seating. It is what it is, and we are happy to be where we are in the tournament. Just would've been nice to been in a more accessible area.
Just out of curiosity. What is the seating capacity of Boston field?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I don't know the official seating capacity, but I would guess somewhere around 2500 on the home side and 1500 on the visitors side. I think their visitor's side is comparable to Valley's and their home side is less than Valley. I know when Burg played there a couple of times, we filled the visitors side and had quite a few people standing. A nice facility overall, but I agree with other people and I don't like football fields with tracks around them either. Also, don't get in a hurry after the game because it takes forever to get out of Boston Field!

Good Luck Valley!

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Here are some pics of Boston Field
http://www.nelsonvilleyork.k12.oh.us/photos.aspx
Doesnt look any bigger thatn Valleys stadium....?

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

From those pictures the field is definitely beautiful!

However the home stands look like about 1/2 the size of Valley's maybe even less than that. The visitor side looks slightly smaller than Valley's, but not by much. (Maybe the pictures don't do it justice but the stands look pretty small)

This is definitely not an ideal spot for a regional final game. It is in the middle of no-where, not easily accessible, the parking is questionable at best and there will not be enough seats on the home or visitor side.

Like I said the field is beautiful and I am sure they make great food, but for a regional championship I would think the OHSAA could pick a better venue.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I agree with all thats been said as a fan. And I firmly believe that OSHAA dropped the ball on this one. But as a player. You can bet that these Valley Indians could care less where the game is. Thry would show up for battle in a cow pasture if thats what they had to do.
I'll be there and be there early no matter where the game would have been played. Hopefully we can take care of business, Win the Regional Championship and then party all the way back to Lucasville.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

I am starting to get very excited for tomorrow. I know that both coaching staffs will have the kids ready to play and I expect a grind it out, hard hitting football game.

I think that Valley must keep LU between the tackles and contain the perimeter. The one thing that this team hasn't faced is a premier running back. Looking back, Minford was a running back by committee situation while Wheelersburg and Coal Grove depended more on their quarterbacks to run the ball. I don't know if Jacob Basso is an elite running back or not, but I do feel he will be the best we have played this season.

The thing that I have loved about this Valley team is that they have never shown an ounce of panic no matter the situation. They have trailed in 3 of the last 4 games, but they just continue to grind and grind and then when there is a chance to make a play they make it.

If the script continues, the teams will battle for field position early. Then Nate Arnett, Will Howard, or one of the Jordans (Brice or Brandon) will make a big stop on 3rd down and force a punt. On the next possession Will and Ethan Clark-Holbrook will make a play in the passing game to get the offense rolling. After that the offense will start to ride the hogs and grind out a win. I hope we follow the script!

Valley 21
LU 10

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

From my limited knowledge of both teams, I feel this will be a very close game which could come down to mistakes and special teams.
Look for Valley to pull this out in the last few mintues.

Valley 21
Liberty Union 20

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have a feeling that Valley will have a easy go at it.

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

Crab's brother wrote:I am starting to get very excited for tomorrow. I know that both coaching staffs will have the kids ready to play and I expect a grind it out, hard hitting football game.

I think that Valley must keep LU between the tackles and contain the perimeter. The one thing that this team hasn't faced is a premier running back. Looking back, Minford was a running back by committee situation while Wheelersburg and Coal Grove depended more on their quarterbacks to run the ball. I don't know if Jacob Basso is an elite running back or not, but I do feel he will be the best we have played this season.

The thing that I have loved about this Valley team is that they have never shown an ounce of panic no matter the situation. They have trailed in 3 of the last 4 games, but they just continue to grind and grind and then when there is a chance to make a play they make it.

If the script continues, the teams will battle for field position early. Then Nate Arnett, Will Howard, or one of the Jordans (Brice or Brandon) will make a big stop on 3rd down and force a punt. On the next possession Will and Ethan Clark-Holbrook will make a play in the passing game to get the offense rolling. After that the offense will start to ride the hogs and grind out a win. I hope we follow the script!

Valley 21
LU 10
The big question...? is Jacob Basso ready for this Valley defense....... :mrgreen:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Here4Fun wrote:The big question...? is Jacob Basso ready for this Valley defense....... :mrgreen:
He is a good running back, but their line is pretty good too. Lots of size and they move pretty well too. He is really fast and will be in motion a lot on jet sweeps, but he seems almost more dangerous cutting it back into a gap when the defense over commits to make sure he doesn't make it to the edge. Valley's defense will have to have everyone staying with their assignments every time or he will make them pay for it. This will be a very good game, just too bad the OHSAA didn't pick a location more central between the schools or give Valley a little closer game with them being the #1 seed.
Last edited by 4thgoal on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Is he even allowed to play after the "head injury"(possible concussion)?
Guess it determines on how it was reported to OSHAA. We will see what happens. I can't wait.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

nutronron2012 wrote:Is he even allowed to play after the "head injury"(possible concussion)?
Guess it determines on how it was reported to OSHAA. We will see what happens. I can't wait.
All depends on what doctor he sees and how it was reported. I heard they have 3-4 starters who may not be playing.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

the process for concussions are 24 hrs no symtoms then allowed light running 24 hrs no sympton etc etc until they reach a full workout then if no symptons are there they are cleared to play. And if its a concussion they will know it, dilation of pupils, headaches, vomiting, etc and most doctors are requiring a mri looking for dark spots forming in the brain so they can compare if there are any concussions in the future.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Cant wait for this one.....LONG day for me tomorrow, but had to go to Columbus for a military obligation, no way I wasnt gonna go watch the Indians!

7:00 am - depart indianapolis
10:30am- arrive columbus
12:00pm - done with training
12-3pm - BW's in grove city for football
2:45pm - head to Nelsonville
4:00pm - arrive Nelsonville
4:10pm - tailgate
6:15pm - enter stadium
9:15pm - depart to Indianapolis
1:15am - arrive Indianapolis

WHAT A DAY

here4fun
Varsity

Post by here4fun »

chicken_coop wrote:Cant wait for this one.....LONG day for me tomorrow, but had to go to Columbus for a military obligation, no way I wasnt gonna go watch the Indians!

WHAT A DAY
Are you going to be doing all of this in your private Jet.... 8)

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Here4Fun wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Cant wait for this one.....LONG day for me tomorrow, but had to go to Columbus for a military obligation, no way I wasnt gonna go watch the Indians!

WHAT A DAY
Are you going to be doing all of this in your private Jet.... 8)
Nope! We made some special upgrades to the bandwagon this week!! That thing moves QUICK now :lol:

Return to “Football”