11-2-12 BLOOM CARROLL @ IRONTON RD.1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

IBTT
All Conference

Re: 11-2-12 BLOOM CARROLL @ IRONTON RD.1

Post by IBTT »

RAILROADN wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:I think Ironton rolls BIG in this one. BC has a couple good wins over Cirvleville and Hamilton Township. Circleville has been sputtering as of late losing their last 3 games but to good opponents. BC essentially knocked Hamilton Town. out of the playoffs with the win over them last night.

The week off gave this team alot of time to heal nagging nicks and injuries. Look for them to be 100% and ready to roll.

I take Ironton 35-14. Good luck Tigers.

I think you've nailed this one bleeding red, I agree completely my friend!
35-14 Tigers!!!
I would have to agree...sounds about right from what I have seen..unless a healthy Lewis runs wild like he did the first five games of the season...

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

BC has a first year coach. He has been successful at other programs. I went to the 2OT BC vs FU game. It was easy to see that BC was an improving team. It seems they just kept improving as the season went on. They have came a long way in a short time with this new coach. Its another giant step to play Ironton in the playoffs. Hoping for a good clean hardhitting football game with no injurys.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i'm so looking forward to this friday. i was having withdrawal symptoms last friday.
had that funny twitchin thing going on.
we went and seen a fine game at valley between valley/minford
but it weren't the same fer ole bait.
but it temporarily stopped the twitchin.

go tigers

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

Bloom Carroll has never been impressive in football that i can recall. So it is two first year head coaches against each other? Well, Ironton is loaded so I go with them by at least 3 touchdowns.

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Tiger's get on a roll in the playoffs!! One game at a time!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Anyone that knows anything about sports knows that if you play tougher competition, it makes you better...if you play against people worse than you...you can get lax and actually get worse as time passes by...none of irontons Kentucky competition this season was weak..two games were against very high caliber teams...ironton almost won them both...however...as long as we can stay healthy..I believe this schedule will pay big dividends...Bait..carry on...Go Tigers!!!
Last edited by IBTT on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

:122246 :roll: :122245

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

You can talk about schedules all you want, but the fact is this game will come down to 1 thing. Are we going to see the team that played their butts off and won 6 games or are we going to see the team that got beat like a government mule by the Columbus teams?

Going back to schedules look at this we beat Ashland by 10 who beat George Washington by 7 who beat Desales by 29 who lost to Waterson by 3 in 3OT and Waterson beat us by like 70. Whats all that mean? Nothing it means nothing just like the talk about how hard of a schedule you play means nothing. Its the playoffs forget schedules, its who goes out and plays mistake free ball like they got nothing to lose wins the game. If it was dependant on whos got the toughest schedule we'd be state champs already.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Why get so worked up towards fans who are proud of their great program?
They have accomplished a lot in I town. Regardless of regular season schedules they have been to 9 state championships! I'd say they have a reason to be a little cocky!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

When you play better competition it makes you better...however you always have to figure in injuries, depth of a team and also sometimes luck...but also matchups and coaching have a lot to do with winning...

urban buck
Varsity

Post by urban buck »

When you play a team that wipes you out bigger than ever in the history of your school at home, then no it doesn't make you better, it makes you embarrassed and injured.

defenserules
Riding the Bench

Post by defenserules »

I'll have to agree with all of you Itown fans. Your schedule was awesome....prolly favored by 3, 4 or 5 Td's Friday.... Bloom Carroll - maybe they should seriously consider even making that 2 1/2 hr trip to take a MAJOR beatdown. They didn't play anyone in the regular season anyway, pitiful 5-5 record!! Tigers, feel free to go ahead and get ready for St C in the regional Final as your tuneup to the state final vs Hartley (since you played opossum against them a few weeks ago as a ruse on your way to the state championship - that is according to a post by tc71 a few days ago). BC has basically no offense, defense or special teams..........

late
defenserules

defenserules

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Ironton names the score in this one.
Guess you have to be from somewhere else to understand that everyone gets tired of watching you all drink the kool aid over there. ;-)
Most are happy where they are.

formerbobcat
Waterboy

Post by formerbobcat »

I have Not seen Ironton play...BC will be ready to play Friday, IF they play like they have the last 3 weeks it Might be a good game.
Limit the Turnovers and play good D....Lets see what happens...Will the TIGERS win by 30 points...I have NO idea. Will the BC DAWGS be ready to play.....YOU BET. Coach Mauro and his staff will have the team ready to go. Jude needs another big game running the ball...as does VanAtta. Milliser(QB) needs another Solid game and the O Line must keep opening holes and protecting Kelly. I have talked to quite a few BC fans and we are Looking forward to making the trip to Lawrence County and Play a quality team in Ironton in the PLAYOFFS...GO DAWGS Bring home a Victory....Good luck to Both teams and hopefully there will be no injuries. See everyone in Ironton on Friday.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

GW lost a couple of games when they had their best player out I thought. Really I think this come down to the health of the Tigers. If they are playing a backup QB and if they have any other nagging injuries Bloom can give them a game. I think some of the teams Bloom played will have them ready. Amanda comes from the same league so I think it will be a similar game to the Ironton vs. Amanda game last year. Having the game at Ironton is a huge advantage as well
Last edited by 55buckeyes98 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

For the BC fans heading south to the Tank Friday, the first forecast calls for a game time temp of 48 and a 20% chance of rain...

The church across the street from the Tank maintains a parking lot for a fee of 2.00 and there is plenty of off-street parking around the stadium.

Eating establishments : Mellini's.......Toro Loco.........Peddlers........End Zone.........and the K of C (KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS) has a great steak and fish meal on Friday nite.........if u want a cold one and some great wings we also have a Buffalo Wild Wings here................ Across the river in Ashland, Ky you will find the name restaurants, Applebees.....OCharleys......Outback and Cheddars..........

A word of advice if u are traveling Route 23 and 52 east out of Portsmouth........Hanging Rock is a speed trap.....big time speed trap.......55MPH and u are safe.......again I will say.......SPEED TRAP.......NO MERCY..........

You will find the Tank and Tiger fans to be friendly and hospitable.......and remember the game Officials are assigned by the Ohio High School Athletic Association....

Have a safe trip and remember .............55MPH thru the ROCK.............

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Where's the love Railroadn...no one knows the outcome until the fat lady sings...but there will be a fired up bunch of Tigers to play some football come Friday night...that week off sure did help to get our kids rested...now if they can stay healthy and wrap up...they should be looking at a long playoff run

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

The Tigers will be ready as will Bloom-Carroll.......this is playoff time, no tomorrow unless basketball is on your mind.......I have been watching the Tigers practice and I can tell u everyone is in the right frame of mind........coaches are into it as well....no predictions as usual, just a hard fought game is my prediction.......

Nothing like a Friday nite playoff game at the Tank........tailgate parties........cant beat it..........lots of out of town folks will be here as usual, some to see the Tigers win and of course the haters will be here as well but that's ok, we luv their money as well......

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Are we going to see a Lucasvillefootball.com any time soon?[/quote]

You never know, I am sure Valley would appreciate it more than Ironton fans did.[/quote]

This Ironton fan appreciated it...........

To all the Bloom-Carroll fans, Tigertownturkey wasn't kidding about coming through Hanging Rock, 56 mph and they will get you lol.
Have a safe trip and welcome to Irontons Bob Lutz Field at Tanks Memorial Stadium.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

No nit picking needed...I believe this week should be (an) exciting game to watch...as should the Valley vs cg game...hopefully our ad and coaches strategy works out and gets Ironton to the big dance...I'm sure they have prepared as they thought would help get the W's at the end of the year...just remember...at Ironton..we have goals...but our top goal is the state championship...not a conference title...not a playoff berth...to us if we don't win a championship its a disappointment...yes as fans we are spoiled..but I believe its not such a bad thing...it helps the kids to set their standards high...

Return to “Football”