Freshman Team

Re: Wellston Football 2015

Post by IRONMENFAN »

Who are the assistant coaches?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

if they really only pay one assistant, then no wonder there's no consistency. If you want to win, you have to take care of your coaches.

WHO DEY
Waterboy

Post by WHO DEY »

All assistants will be paid this year.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

Eaglescout wrote:All assistants will be paid this year.
The fact that the previous assistants were not paid is pathetic and tells us what kind of people we have as administrators. It makes you wonder where that money went...

WHO DEY
Waterboy

Post by WHO DEY »

I agree.. However it's time to move on and support the kids and the new staff. Remember in the fall that there's 2 board members up for election.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Eaglescout wrote:I agree.. However it's time to move on and support the kids and the new staff. Remember in the fall that there's 2 board members up for election.
Well hopefully the two women who provided the entertainment at one of the meetings will run for the board. They can then entertain once a month. :mrgreen:

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

This sounds like it could be fun. I keep waiting for the Rocket mommas to come into the store for their free cheesecake. Will they put up a pole in the meeting room for the school board?

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Wellston
Week 1 @Jackson (11-1)
Week 2 @Huntington (3-7)
Week 3 Adena (3-7)
Week 4 Portsmouth West (7-4)
Week 5 @Alexander (5-5)
Week 6 River Valley (5-5)
Week 7 @Nelsonville York (7-4)
Week 8 Athens (14-1)
Week 9 Meigs (5-5)
Week 10 Vinton County (2-8)

I would guess maybe 3-7
More like a 8-2 or 9-1...multiple upsets lead the Rockets to their first playoff birth in a while. Kids are responding to this group of coaches, exciting times.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

It is an exciting time. So many people contributing. It's just not the players. It's truly wonderful to see.The Superintendent, School board,administration, maintenance, and people in the community working hard to improve the facilities and program. Many things about the weight room field house and appearance of the stadium changed. Pee Wee coaches and junior high all making the commitment too.This past week at the little kids camp would have brought a smile to your face to see them having fun and getting pumped up about Golden Rocket Football. Yes it is exciting and wonderful to be part of it.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

Charles Farquar wrote:It is an exciting time. So many people contributing. It's just not the players. It's truly wonderful to see.The Superintendent, School board,administration, maintenance, and people in the community working hard to improve the facilities and program. Many things about the weight room field house and appearance of the stadium changed. Pee Wee coaches and junior high all making the commitment too.This past week at the little kids camp would have brought a smile to your face to see them having fun and getting pumped up about Golden Rocket Football. Yes it is exciting and wonderful to be part of it.
Glad to hear this, haven't been around much this summer but sounds like things are going the right way! can't wait to see them on the field!

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Momentum has swung in our favor no more inferiority complex in Week 1.

The injuries sustained last year won't be an issue as we should be bigger, stronger group on field. Special team return units will be quickest around and rumor has it some of the burners are practicing a front or back flip once end zone is crossed lol.

Everyone is getting hyped up, things going in our favor finally.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:Momentum has swung in our favor no more inferiority complex in Week 1.

The injuries sustained last year won't be an issue as we should be bigger, stronger group on field. Special team return units will be quickest around and rumor has it some of the burners are practicing a front or back flip once end zone is crossed lol.

Everyone is getting hyped up, things going in our favor finally.
I have a trampoline if they need to practice their form on flips.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Didn't think cheerleaders ever crossed the endzone. I guess a score after your down 20 is still a score.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dandy Don wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:Wellston
Week 1 @Jackson (11-1)
Week 2 @Huntington (3-7)
Week 3 Adena (3-7)
Week 4 Portsmouth West (7-4)
Week 5 @Alexander (5-5)
Week 6 River Valley (5-5)
Week 7 @Nelsonville York (7-4)
Week 8 Athens (14-1)
Week 9 Meigs (5-5)
Week 10 Vinton County (2-8)

I would guess maybe 3-7
More like a 8-2 or 9-1...multiple upsets lead the Rockets to their first playoff birth in a while. Kids are responding to this group of coaches, exciting times.

Let's not get carried away now! I hope they get better as I do for us too. I'd like to see the TVC become a strong conference again. But let's be real. That would be a miracle. I know coach P is a great coach but unrealistic goals are what cause unnecessary pressure on coaches. Hope the rockets are better than last year and the same the next few and eventually the program will be what the fans want. It takes time to build a program. Give it to him and support them kids. Hopefully we do the same as we are in the same boat with a new coach. I want to see us better than last year and build on that success in years to come. Good luck rockets and see ya week ten.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Vctransplant not carried away at all but I have seen some of the combine type video the kids have taken with some of the trainers they have been working with both speed guys and strength guys and with exception of maybe the Athens game we are going to have fastest, strongest kids and best athletes on the field.

Add that to the coaches we have picked up and playoff spot not out of question at all. When things are going your way you don't see fans not call it like it is. No reason to wait to call all this out. Serious playoff points available from the bigger D3 schools we play this year including Jackson-Athens-VC, and Meigs will be worth some also not sure if they D3 or D4.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dandy Don wrote:Vctransplant not carried away at all but I have seen some of the combine type video the kids have taken with some of the trainers they have been working with both speed guys and strength guys and with exception of maybe the Athens game we are going to have fastest, strongest kids and best athletes on the field.

Add that to the coaches we have picked up and playoff spot not out of question at all. When things are going your way you don't see fans not call it like it is. No reason to wait to call all this out. Serious playoff points available from the bigger D3 schools we play this year including Jackson-Athens-VC, and Meigs will be worth some also not sure if they D3 or D4.
Two good things about DanDon. His license plate has Jackson on it, and his Rockets are undefeated so far this season. Unfortunately for him, he will realize shortly after his team steps off the bus on Aug 28th that he will be down to one good thing in short order. At approximately 10 pm on that evening I predict he will rip the Jackson off his license plate as a result of anger he suffers from his Rockets getting beaten into submission earlier, thus eliminating that one last thing he had going for him. :mrgreen:

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Ground Buck wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Vctransplant not carried away at all but I have seen some of the combine type video the kids have taken with some of the trainers they have been working with both speed guys and strength guys and with exception of maybe the Athens game we are going to have fastest, strongest kids and best athletes on the field.

Two good things about DanDon. His license plate has Jackson on it, and his Rockets are undefeated so far this season. Unfortunately for him, he will realize shortly after his team steps off the bus on Aug 28th that he will be down to one good thing in short order. At approximately 10 pm on that evening I predict he will rip the Jackson off his license plate as a result of anger he suffers from his Rockets getting beaten into submission earlier, thus eliminating that one last thing he had going for him. :mrgreen:
Genius we play 8/29...

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dandy Don wrote:
Ground Buck wrote:

Genius we play 8/29...
The date matters little but the result will be the same. First the drubbing, then you taking a razor knife to the Jackson sticker on your license plate. Just be careful not to hit your wrist with the razor blade. :mrgreen:

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

That seems a little harsh GB, I am glad someone is pumped to see Wellston on the field I can't wait myself honestly!

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Ole Ground Buck thinks after that 12-7 beating they gave us last year that NY is some football powerhouse or something I guess...

Return to “Football”