Wellston Football 2015

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Wellston Football 2015

Post by noreply66 »

Charles Farquar wrote:Noreply you do know that Jackson is big DIII pushing DII and I would venture to say that Logan is DII. Wellston is small DV almost DVI.
Wellston people are saying small DV Wellston will beat big DIII Jackson in the opener. Logan and Jackson will be close this year with Jackson having the edge so that is about saying Small DV Wellston could beat Small DII pushing big DIII Logan. So with all that being said ...does size matter.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

noreply:

Logan started 0-4 in 2010; 0-5 in 2011; 0-5 in 2012; 0-2 in 2013 and 0-2014. And it looks dicey for 2015 with Athens and Teays Valley.

So you worry about your teepee up there and we will worry about our launch pad down here.

rowdy06
Waterboy

Post by rowdy06 »

I watched the Wellston and Oak HIll 7 on 7 the other night. I noticed that Dave Humpreys was on the coaching staff. After watching Dave coach Oak Hill's defence for a years I would have to say that Wellston will be much better and they have a exceptional fast quarterback. I would figure them to go about 5-5 or 6-4.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dandy Don wrote:noreply:

Logan started 0-4 in 2010; 0-5 in 2011; 0-5 in 2012; 0-2 in 2013 and 0-2014. And it looks dicey for 2015 with Athens and Teays Valley.

So you worry about your teepee up there and we will worry about our launch pad down here.
Do not tell me what to do sonny boy....Your launch pad sounds more like a lunch pad from what I hear. :lol: :lol:

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Sounds like wellston will be a handful. Great size and speed. Watched jackson in action today.

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Post by Charles Farquar »

Lot of alumni, parents, administrators and community people working hard and giving to improve that launch pad. These people are working their tails off to turn things around for these kids.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

The same people who won't show up after week 5 and week 10 will be calling for the coaches head? Lmao wellston breeds a special kind of stupid group of individuals!might as well build a basketball court on your "launch pad"so then there Is a slim chance of usage...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

05buckeye wrote:The same people who won't show up after week 5 and week 10 will be calling for the coaches head? Lmao wellston breeds a special kind of stupid group of individuals!might as well build a basketball court on your "launch pad"so then there Is a slim chance of usage...
:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Charles Farquar
JV Team

I have been around long enough to have seen and it experienced it several times before when turning things around. You always have the defeatists , and negative people inside and outside a community but you see they and their opinions never really count in the end. Hell they want you to fail they pay to see you fail.The part of what is important is the program, players , and the supporters who are going to stay the course and change a culture. The snipes and criticisms diminish with the wins I have been around long enough to know that.Its along term thing but they get quieter and quieter. If your a negative and defeatist insider Wellston athletics will move on and leave you behind. If your an outsider be prepared to get what your not used to from Wellston in the next few years and hope your team keeps up. One final thing I hope Noreply your not the same guy I have talked on here about track matters. You always seemed to be a guy who was for kids.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Just watch and see little fella...when it starts to crumble I will just sit back and watch. No ill will or comments will be thrown at you...who am I kidding?? Ill give it to ya like there's no tomorrow!
Btw your golden rockets are gonna have as much luster as a cheap bottle rocket!

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Oh I agree the negative stuff will come, it came in Jackson in the late eighties in came in Oak Hill in 2006, it's part of the process, it's part of football. You push through it, you teach the kids you bring them up through the ranks and you build a program. We have to agree to disagree with the crumble part. You keep being negative and waiting for things to fall apart. We will keep pushing on through and weather the storm.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I don't remember the negativity towards the new regime at Jackson back in the late 80's. What was it about?

Charles Farquar
JV Team

Hutchison's tenure had just ended Blackstone came in. First few years were rough it took some time but eventually competed for the league. No social media then only the knuckleheads in the stands. Let's not high jack the thread keep it about the Golden Rockets

Charles Farquar
JV Team

You were young then 92. That storm took almost 4 years :12223

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Charles Farquar wrote:You were young then 92. That storm took almost 4 years :12223
I was a skinny "puke" on the golf team.

Hutch was only there 1 year and maybe worst year ever. Blackstone had the gumption to start a couple of my friends who were just freshman....but worked out well.

He had a nice run at Wellston as well...and had multiple of his Jackson former players on his staff.

Back to the thread at hand

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Old Timer wrote:I watched the Wellston and Oak HIll 7 on 7 the other night. I noticed that Dave Humpreys was on the coaching staff. After watching Dave coach Oak Hill's defence for a years I would have to say that Wellston will be much better and they have a exceptional fast quarterback. I would figure them to go about 5-5 or 6-4.
Old Timer is on to something. Add in his younger brother as another assistant and we will be prepared for every game defensively.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:
Old Timer wrote:I watched the Wellston and Oak HIll 7 on 7 the other night. I noticed that Dave Humpreys was on the coaching staff. After watching Dave coach Oak Hill's defence for a years I would have to say that Wellston will be much better and they have a exceptional fast quarterback. I would figure them to go about 5-5 or 6-4.
Old Timer is on to something. Add in his younger brother as another assistant and we will be prepared for every game defensively.
Which one? He has 2

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Pretty clear from my reply I was referring to the point about the coaching staff and defensive preparation.

My assumption was you already knew about the QB quickness.

T-minus 20 days...Jackson you have a problem.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

noreply66 wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:noreply:

Do not tell me what to do sonny boy....Your launch pad sounds more like a lunch pad from what I hear. :lol: :lol:
Ok wigwam whatever you say. Keep up sending those smoke signals about all this "chieftain envy" you guys jabber about.

Keep your loin-cloth on when you being chased out of Athens by those rabid bulldogs lol all the way back to the reservation.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

[quote="Dandy Don"][quote="RAIDER6309"]Wellston
Week 1 @Jackson (11-1)
Week 2 @Huntington (3-7)
Week 3 Adena (3-7)
Week 4 Portsmouth West (7-4)
Week 5 @Alexander (5-5)
Week 6 River Valley (5-5)
Week 7 @Nelsonville York (7-4)
Week 8 Athens (14-1)
Week 9 Meigs (5-5)
Week 10 Vinton County (2-8)

I would guess maybe 3-7[/quote]

More like a 8-2 or 9-1...multiple upsets lead the Rockets to their first playoff birth in a while. Kids are responding to this group of coaches, exciting times.[/quote]

Wellston has a chance to build a program you have a new coach paid assistances and good group to start a rebuild with. This type of unrealistic expectations will derail the whole thing your schedule is brutal Jackson,Portsmouth,Alexander,River Valley,NY,Athens,Meigs are all good or past the rebuild stage. just set real goals and give the Coaches a chance and Wellston will grow but 8-2 or 9-1 thinking will bring out the negativity when they fail to reach you unreal goals . Jacksons program was built from the ground up (Jim Humphreys peewee) started the whole program you see now and you have his sons that help to start it and can do the same thing for your program but its gonna take time.

Return to “Football”