Wellston Football 2015

Whodey
Freshman Team

Re: Wellston Football 2015

Post by Whodey »

It is amazing the amount of "help" you get from Jackson fans when you get things headed your direction.

Look 8-2 or 6-4 whatever it is the feeling is we will or can compete with everyone...including the mighty Ironmen.

There are team, not individual goals, there is a sense of being a Rocket.

They are goals, you can call them unrealistic, I call them goals. Sometimes goals are unrealistic, sometimes other people get surprised.

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Good post Pigskin. I am excited about Rocket football but would not concede defeat or claim victory against any team. As long as they play disciplined and consistent football the wins will follow. It is going to be a crazy season.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

You absolutely have to love High School football, in really brings out the passion and excitement in people for so many different reasons.

A parent watching his kid or kids play for the first time; or as in my case a parent watching his kid play in his senior year for what will be the final season; or in other cases a program with new coaches and an infused community that is ready to support it; or a team that is ready to try and match very high expectations; and, one could name off a hundred other reasons that gets people juices flowing.

Lol I hope the Rockets win every game but the first one and I am sure many of their fans probably feel the same way.

My son had the opportunity to be coached by one of the assistants for the new Wellston program for several years, as did many of the other players playing. That adds just another twist to this rivalry as do many of the other things mentioned above...I am sure he is teaching the same hit-hit-hit philosophy now that was bred into the kids he taught a short six years ago.

Good luck to all the area programs and for all those reasons that get people fired up...only 3 weeks left!

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

[quote="Rocket Proud"]Good post Pigskin. I am excited about Rocket football but would not concede defeat or claim victory against any team. As long as they play disciplined and consistent football the wins will follow. It is going to be a crazy season.[/quote]

What Don fails to understand that a losing Rocket team is bad for Jackson we need the competition and the playoff points. We get to know Wellston kids and want them to do well and both programs benefit from a competitive game. The problem is that you have parents that think because my kid in playing that the team should be playoff or even 500 caliber and weight to much into a new coach. A good coaching staff is a must but for a winning program it take a good community to support the kids from the time they are little winning doesn't happen over night it takes years of work and support. Kids have to learn to win and that doesn't happen over night takes some years of support. We will see if Don has same support later in season.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

[quote="doubleplay643"]You absolutely have to love High School football, in really brings out the passion and excitement in people for so many different reasons.

A parent watching his kid or kids play for the first time; or as in my case a parent watching his kid play in his senior year for what will be the final season; or in other cases a program with new coaches and an infused community that is ready to support it; or a team that is ready to try and match very high expectations; and, one could name off a hundred other reasons that gets people juices flowing.

Lol I hope the Rockets win every game but the first one and I am sure many of their fans probably feel the same way.

My son had the opportunity to be coached by one of the assistants for the new Wellston program for several years, as did many of the other players playing. That adds just another twist to this rivalry as do many of the other things mentioned above...I am sure he is teaching the same hit-hit-hit philosophy now that was bred into the kids he taught a short six years ago.

What a bittersweet game this will be we will all be Rockets fans week two and there's not enough to be said about what George did for these boys and the Ironmen program.
Good luck to all the area programs and for all those reasons that get people fired up...only 3 weeks left![/quote]

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can someone help me on which Humphreys is an assistant coach? I thought it was Dave. Post above made it sound like it's George and Dandy Don said they need his brother to help on defense but wouldn't say which one.

So I am confused.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

George is helping as well as Dave.

On another note RIP Frank Gifford.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dandy Don wrote:George is helping as well as Dave.

On another note RIP Frank Gifford.
Ok thanks....didn't know both were helping.

05buckeye
JV Team

Post by 05buckeye »

Who do the the bottle rockets scrimmage?

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Rock Hill and Zane Trace scheduled scrimmages

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dandy Don. Dandy for sure!

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

If anyone makes the scrimmage tonight against Rock Hill, post some info and updates please. Thanks!!!!

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Wow, just as advertised fast and strong, looked very, very good.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Both RH & Wellston are not very good football teams. Hopefully Wellston gets out of Jackson healthy. Jackson is on an entirely different level. Dandy Don is a good cheerleader but not very good at evaluating high school football teams.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Dandy Don wrote:Wow, just as advertised fast and strong, looked very, very good.
So you went and watched Jackson I see. :mrgreen:

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Dandy Don wrote:Wow, just as advertised fast and strong, looked very, very good.
Who is doing all the advertising here?! HaHa!!! Got to love this guy! :lol: :lol: :lol: LMFreakinAO

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Blackjack wrote:Both RH & Wellston are not very good football teams. Hopefully Wellston gets out of Jackson healthy. Jackson is on an entirely different level. Dandy Don is a good cheerleader but not very good at evaluating high school football teams.
And you are clearly on an entirely different level I suppose as some super scout or something eh? We didn't watch same game then or see same thing.

You know what they say about opinions.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

ZT Jamboree game next up, season will be on us in no time.

Reports from a scrimmage of local interest today indicate we should have a high rate of success winning LOS battles. Guess those big ole SCOL boys pushed around that other local team today...at least that is rumor mill.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Must've watched a different game than I did . But whatever . I guess well see on game day .

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Viking96 wrote:Must've watched a different game than I did . But whatever . I guess well see on game day .
T-minus 14 days.

Return to “Football”