Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Re: Week 9: (6-1) Ironton @ (8-0) Jackson

Post by Trojan_Pride »

TIGERS 17-14 game winning field goal at end of regulation!!!!!!

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:
local superstar wrote:Especially if you are on here YTB :)

Ironton may give Jackson some trouble. This could be a great game.
I don't get it, but I've been hit in the head a lot superstar.
I was just referring to the long posts of yours when you said the topic would be lengthy. Just giving you a friendly hard time YTB!

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

tigers week 9 would beat tigers week 1 36-12

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

A bunch of interestjng posts. The truth remains the Tigers could not compete in the SEOAL. I do not see that changing this week. Ironton has finally found a league that works for them. Good for the tigers. However once again this week will not be good for them. I am sure Jackson appreciates the computer points.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

toldya wrote:A bunch of interestjng posts. The truth remains the Tigers could not compete in the SEOAL. I do not see that changing this week. Ironton has finally found a league that works for them. Good for the tigers. However once again this week will not be good for them. I am sure Jackson appreciates the computer points.
They joined a weak conference and will dominate it every year. And I wouldn't count them out just yet. They seem to have things figured out for the most part.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

toldya wrote:A bunch of interestjng posts. The truth remains the Tigers could not compete in the SEOAL. I do not see that changing this week. Ironton has finally found a league that works for them. Good for the tigers. However once again this week will not be good for them. I am sure Jackson appreciates the computer points.
Name a team besides Jackson that Ironton wouldnt destroy this year thats in the seoal? I would saying second place in a league would be competing pretty well.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

Well I've seen Jackson play a couple times this year and have seen 2 totally different offenses in each game. Have not seen Ironton play I know their only loss is to Burg but that was the first game of the year play that game now and the outcome is probably reversed. Just knowing the Ironton tradition this will be the most physical game played Friday night. I've seen cases in both games where teams tried to just get physical and run the ball and were unable to against Jackson 3rd and 4th and short Jackson has the big boy pants this year. For Ironton to win this I believe it will be the old woody hayes 3 yards and a cloud of dust, minus the dust since it's turf, and I think they'll have to play almost flawless. Jackson will be able to run the ball against Ironton but will have to pick their spots by using the pass, which they are capable of, to help soften up and setup the run. 2 very storied programs and should be a dandy but I will go with Jackson in a close one. They're on a totally different level from years past. Good Luck to both teams not just this week but going forward into the playoffs.

firecracker
Riding the Bench

Post by firecracker »

Jackson needs to have ZERO penalties for this game. Coaches need to talk to the players about some of these personal foul penalties.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

hey the ironton fighting tigers have had their nay-sayers before, ask, Columbus bishop Watterson, Columbus desales, Pickerington, Lancaster, akron saint Vincent saint Mary's, Germantown valley view, logan, Jackson, and a team from Washington dc, that was 3rd ranked nationally.and the list goes on for miles. they love these big games, and frankly thrive on them. this game will be as advertised no matter who wins, trust me. the fact that burg got shutout by Jackson 27-0, has no relevancy to this game. different game, different team, different week. just gotta throw all the marbles out there and sees who's left in the circle at the end.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

hey the ironton fighting tigers have had their nay-sayers before, ask, Columbus bishop Watterson, Columbus desales, Pickerington, Lancaster, akron saint Vincent saint Mary's, Germantown valley view, logan, Jackson, and a team from Washington dc, that was 3rd ranked nationally.and the list goes on for miles. they love these big games, and frankly thrive on them. this game will be as advertised no matter who wins, trust me. the fact that burg got shutout by Jackson 27-0, has no relevancy to this game. different game, different team, different week. just gotta throw all the marbles out there and sees who's left in the circle at the end.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:hey the ironton fighting tigers have had their nay-sayers before, ask, Columbus bishop Watterson, Columbus desales, Pickerington, Lancaster, akron saint Vincent saint Mary's, Germantown valley view, logan, Jackson, and a team from Washington dc, that was 3rd ranked nationally.and the list goes on for miles. they love these big games, and frankly thrive on them. this game will be as advertised no matter who wins, trust me. the fact that burg got shutout by Jackson 27-0, has no relevancy to this game. different game, different team, different week. just gotta throw all the marbles out there and sees who's left in the circle at the end.
that orange is hard as hell on the old man's eyes..............plus being hard to read

thanks little buddy

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

duly noted mr. mayor. :aaaaa26

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:hey the ironton fighting tigers have had their nay-sayers before, ask, Columbus bishop Watterson, Columbus desales, Pickerington, Lancaster, akron saint Vincent saint Mary's, Germantown valley view, logan, Jackson, and a team from Washington dc, that was 3rd ranked nationally.and the list goes on for miles. they love these big games, and frankly thrive on them. this game will be as advertised no matter who wins, trust me. the fact that burg got shutout by Jackson 27-0, has no relevancy to this game. different game, different team, different week. just gotta throw all the marbles out there and sees who's left in the circle at the end.
Your forgetting CAPE bait! :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh there are a bunch more,win or lose the tigers won't be intimidated.

Texas 2
Freshman Team

Post by Texas 2 »

I've seen both teams play this year and I think it will be Jackson 28 Ironton 20. Both teams are good but it will take a perfect game for Ironton to win. For Jackson to win they need to stop 22 . Both teams run the T offense, Ironton runs it more than Jackson.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton is going to need a perfect game to win for sure but I think Ironton being able to pass the ball to keep Jackson's defense off balance will also be a key to the game.
Against Meigs Ironton showed a passing game passing for nearly 200 yards but penalties killed Ironton.
If Ironton can stop committing their stupid penalties and they are stupid ones they could very well be give Jackson a run for their money and possibly win this game but I do believe it will be close and low scoring.
Mistakes will dictate the outcome of the game.

IRONMENFAN
Freshman Team

Post by IRONMENFAN »

The Ironmen will show the Tigers the best smash mouth defense in southern ohio! IMO it will be close game for a half and then the Ironmen will pull away in the second half.

siderman57
Freshman Team

Post by siderman57 »

maniac66 wrote:Ironton is going to need a perfect game to win for sure but I think Ironton being able to pass the ball to keep Jackson's defense off balance will also be a key to the game.
Against Meigs Ironton showed a passing game passing for nearly 200 yards but penalties killed Ironton.
If Ironton can stop committing their stupid penalties and they are stupid ones they could very well be give Jackson a run for their money and possibly win this game but I do believe it will be close and low scoring.
Mistakes will dictate the outcome of the game.

Meigs and Jackson are two different teams, not a good comparison...

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I didn't compare them I just stated Ironton was able to work on a passing game is all.
And that can only help Ironton to try to open up their offense as to be able to run the ball better against Jackson there was no comparison made or intended.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I gotta sneakin feelin that ironton suprises a lot on non-believers from various communities.and we are not into ''moral victories''Jackson is actually the team with way more on the line as they have fallen to sixth in their division and their next game is with a 4-4 galipollis blue devil team.so a loss could potentially keep Jackson out of the playoffs. and ironton with a loss could likely fall out of the top 4 for playoff home game implications.bottom line to me is we ARE talking playoff implications this year for the fighting tigers, and things are getting back to normal.this game has so much on the line for both teams involved. this game and valley /burg this Friday, is what high school football is about.

Return to “Football”