Prep Expert

Re: WK4 Nelsonville-York @ River Valley

Post by Prep Expert »

I agree. Rv might not get a league win.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:The Bucks welcome the Raiders to the TVC-Ohio with a big win. This one won't be close.
NY- 48
RV- 6

3-0 against three teams who might have 3 wins combined at the end of the season is not impressive, but I suppose a turnaround has to start somewhere. However, the beginning of a string of losses for RV starts Friday.
Your something else! Turn coat who wants to see his Alma Ma mater struggle!
you talk about RV's Schedule? Nelsonville has played A good Trimble team, (got smoked) an decent Newark Catholic team (Could not do anything on offense!) and Berne Union??? BU scored 12 points on them they got beat in their other 2 games 60-0 and 56-0 Come on, that's not exactly a great showing by the TVC power house program now is it? Everyone hanging their hat on the Newark Catholic win!
I think the Raiders will give Nelsonville all that they want! Have you watched RV? They actually play defense, they have a new line coach who teaches fundamentals.
Yes! Nelsonville will bring a decent team to this game but 48-6?
RV 21
Nelsonville 20
Coming from a guy who is never right I expect no less!
Last edited by bevo on Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

I hope the players on the NY team feel the same as their fans......."that this will be a mercy rule game".......this may give RV help in keeping it close early.....I agree that RV has had a weak schedule so far, but, they are playing as well as they have played in the school's history.....I expect RV to get their first loss of the season, but I maintain the idea that there is a reason for actually playing the game......and anything can happen......

RV- 14
NY-28

Hope this is not the case......so prove me wrong RAIDERS!!!!

Best of luck to the coaches and players at RV........and if you didnt see it last Friday.......RV now has the giant helmet to make a grand entrance thru the fog.......thanks to Tammy at Reds' and the parents who made that possible.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

I am pulling for RV but my gut says NY wins. This game should provide a good gauge as to the progress of the Raider football program. The good news is it appears RV is now beating teams they should beat. The next step is to beat teams that are considered higher caliber

kidsarewhatmatters
Riding the Bench

Post by kidsarewhatmatters »

NY-30
RV-6

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

NY will be ready for RV.. This is now a league game and no matter what I know NY is figuring both teams are 0 and 0. Now you gotta get your league started with a win no matter what. NY will not take this game lightly. They will prepare for this game just like the others.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Bevo wrote:
BlizzardMan wrote:The Bucks welcome the Raiders to the TVC-Ohio with a big win. This one won't be close.
NY- 48
RV- 6

3-0 against three teams who might have 3 wins combined at the end of the season is not impressive, but I suppose a turnaround has to start somewhere. However, the beginning of a string of losses for RV starts Friday.
you talk about RV's Schedule? Nelsonville has played A good Trimble team, (got smoked) an decent Newark Catholic team (Could not do anything on offense!) and Berne Union??? BU scored 12 points on them they got beat in their other 2 games 60-0 and 56-0 Come on, that's not exactly a great showing by the TVC power house program now is it? Everyone hanging their hat on the Newark Catholic win!
I think the Raiders will give Nelsonville all that they want! Have you watched RV? They actually play defense, they have a new line coach who teaches fundamentals.
RV 21
Nelsonville 20
We will see who's right. I don't want to see them struggle, it's simply my opinion. Just because I went somewhere in high school (which I don't live in anymore, unlike you), doesn't mean I should predict they will win every game even though they don't have a shot. Those three wins will do nothing for them moving forward. Yes I have seen them play. They have a decent defense, but they won't stop NY's running game. If you get so butt hurt over what I say, skip through my posts. You are the dumbest member on this site by far. When the smoke clears Fridsy night, we will see whose prediction is closer. I'll make a wager. If yiu are closer to being right, I will not post on any other RV thread ever. If I'm closer, you admit you are wrong in this very thread.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

hoopshothead wrote:I hope the players on the NY team feel the same as their fans......."that this will be a mercy rule game".......this may give RV help in keeping it close early.....I agree that RV has had a weak schedule so far, but, they are playing as well as they have played in the school's history.....I expect RV to get their first loss of the season, but I maintain the idea that there is a reason for actually playing the game......and anything can happen......

RV- 14
NY-28

Hope this is not the case......so prove me wrong RAIDERS!!!!

Best of luck to the coaches and players at RV........and if you didnt see it last Friday.......RV now has the giant helmet to make a grand entrance thru the fog.......thanks to Tammy at Reds' and the parents who made that possible.
I disagree. Coach Triplett had a good team in 1996 I believe that was good but played in a very very tough SEOAL and the team I played on in 2003 beat a very good NY team and started the season on a tear going 5-0. They may have the best passing game in the schools history but both of those past teams are better than this one in my opinion.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

BlizzardMan wrote:
Bevo wrote:
NY- 48
RV- 6

RV 21
Nelsonville 20
We will see who's right. I don't want to see them struggle, it's simply my opinion. Just because I went somewhere in high school (which I don't live in anymore, unlike you), doesn't mean I should predict they will win every game even though they don't have a shot. Those three wins will do nothing for them moving forward. Yes I have seen them play. They have a decent defense, but they won't stop NY's running game. If you get so butt hurt over what I say, skip through my posts. You are the dumbest member on this site by far. When the smoke clears Fridsy night, we will see whose prediction is closer. I'll make a wager. If yiu are closer to being right, I will not post on any other RV thread ever. If I'm closer, you admit you are wrong in this very thread.
I'm prob wrong and I def don't take the message board stuff as personal or think it's anything but a bunch of has bens posting past glory. That 2003 team was decent passing game was no where near what they had later with Curnutte at QB and the best RV passer ever they just didn't play a lick of defense and that team won 4 games.
I just root for the local schools and get tired of the negative talk. I could care less if I am wrong as you will see in the past. Your wanting to bet, lol. Thanks for the offer Kirk Herbstreit ,lol. I actually graduated from Gallia Academy just like to see the local teams prosper.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Wishing the Raiders a great walk-thru tonight.....dot all your "I's" and cross all your "T's".......you do have a chance in this one......I think the the Raiders have been showing very little on offense all year, and still have managed to win all three games...I look for RV to break out the good stuff on Friday and catch the Yorkies by surprise.....going to change my prediction.....

RV-21
NY-26

GO RAIDERS!!!!

Please prove my prediction wrong....by as many as you want

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Closer game than most are predicting, the nutboy's will come in thinking this will be a push over game!

Nutboy's 27

River Valley 21

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Don't for get Raider fans and Buckeye fans, you can listen to this game LIVE over the internet!

Join Eric Whitt and Carl DeWitt as they bring you the action from Raider Field in Bidwell!

Pre-game show starts at 7:15!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/river-val ... oadcasting

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

IT'S GAME DAY BUCKEYES!!!

TIME TO DO WORK BABY!

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

GAMEDAY!!!!!...................GO RAIDERS!!!!!!

Hope to see several members of the graduating class of 1994 tonight.....they are having a 20th class reunion tomorrow in Gallipolis............should be a great weekend............and if the team can pull off the upset, at home,.....could be a REALLY great weekend........

Good luck to the coaches and players of RV.........GO RAIDERS!!!!!!

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Hey hothead you tell your ole man that hitman up here in Albany will have a couple seats saved
For him when your Raiders come to Albany .... Good luck Raiders

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

I gotta think that the Buckeyes take this one by atleast
A couple TDs.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

After watching this game......I must say that NY is not 3 td's better than RV.......not taking anything away from the victory for the Buckeyes last night......just saying the outcome does not reflect the game.........I can't believe the NY coach was taking shots at the endzone when clearly the game was in hand........

In the 3rd quarter....RV marched right down the field to the 13 yard line......on a 2nd and short.....RV center had a bad snap that went to the 41.....setting up a 3rd and 38......and leading to a punt.....the score was 14-7 at that point......from that snap, till the end of the game, RV seemed defeated.......it didnt help when the starting QB went down with a shoulder injury......but my point is this, expressing defeat in you attitude and the coaches and players and most of all the FANS are all guilty; but by allowing the opposing team to smell the fear and losing attitude, you give them the added fuel to close the game out........similar problem for RV dating back to the schools inception.........

I think RV will learn from this and be much better moving forward......we CAN compete with the best of the TVC(except Athens) this year........look out Meigs .......RV will be ready to get back on track next week.......more so than if they would have won this week......

Great win by the Buckeyes.....please dont take anything away from this post that makes you think any different....your boys came to play and your QB was throwing the ball......LIGHTS OUT......actually without him......I dont think you could have beat us by just running.......jmo.........RV will be a tough out for all its opponents this year......

Wishing for a great week of practice for the Raiders and their coaching staff this week.......and hoping for a speedy recovery for Dayton.....if not.....Patrick will be ready by friday and Im sure he will get lots of reps this week in practice.......and a note to the defensive coach for RV.....Meigs has a few players that are very fast as well and if they get behind you.....you will not catch them........d-backs have to play great next week for RV to have a chance to get back on the winning track and beat Meigs on the road......

Good luck to the NY buckeyes players coaches and fans moving forward.......and Ill be there in middleport/pomeroy next week cheering from the fence........GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

River Valley has a good team and they will continue to get better. They will do well hear in the TVC.
Welcome to the TVC Raiders! :)

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

hoopshothead wrote:After watching this game......I must say that NY is not 3 td's better than RV.......not taking anything away from the victory for the Buckeyes last night......just saying the outcome does not reflect the game.........I can't believe the NY coach was taking shots at the endzone when clearly the game was in hand........

In the 3rd quarter....RV marched right down the field to the 13 yard line......on a 2nd and short.....RV center had a bad snap that went to the 41.....setting up a 3rd and 38......and leading to a punt.....the score was 14-7 at that point......from that snap, till the end of the game, RV seemed defeated.......it didnt help when the starting QB went down with a shoulder injury......but my point is this, expressing defeat in you attitude and the coaches and players and most of all the FANS are all guilty; but by allowing the opposing team to smell the fear and losing attitude, you give them the added fuel to close the game out........similar problem for RV dating back to the schools inception.........

I think RV will learn from this and be much better moving forward......we CAN compete with the best of the TVC(except Athens) this year........look out Meigs .......RV will be ready to get back on track next week.......more so than if they would have won this week......

Great win by the Buckeyes.....please dont take anything away from this post that makes you think any different....your boys came to play and your QB was throwing the ball......LIGHTS OUT......actually without him......I dont think you could have beat us by just running.......jmo.........RV will be a tough out for all its opponents this year......

Wishing for a great week of practice for the Raiders and their coaching staff this week.......and hoping for a speedy recovery for Dayton.....if not.....Patrick will be ready by friday and Im sure he will get lots of reps this week in practice.......and a note to the defensive coach for RV.....Meigs has a few players that are very fast as well and if they get behind you.....you will not catch them........d-backs have to play great next week for RV to have a chance to get back on the winning track and beat Meigs on the road......

Good luck to the NY buckeyes players coaches and fans moving forward.......and Ill be there in middleport/pomeroy next week cheering from the fence........GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!
Meigs will need to play better than they have been in the secondary or they could be in trouble against RV.

Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Meigs could of scored a 100 on RV last year. This one will get ugly

Return to “Football”