Wellston Golden Rockets 2014

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Re: Wellston Golden Rockets 2014

Post by Blue Duck »

Dundas wrote:I had a source tell me today that wellston didn't look so hot last night. Anyone that was there care to offer their opinion?
The varsity squad's played a couple 10 play series and two down and distance series. When the varsity was done the score was 26-6 in favor of Wellston. I thought Wellston ran the ball well with two solid sophomore's running the ball. The tailback has gained atleast 20 lbs this offseason. Hes probably 6'2 220. Wolmendorf at QB looked pretty good and ran the ball very good. Defense caused some turnovers and scored off one. I didn't think they thru the ball well nor defended the pass that good on a couple 3rd downs. In my opinion so far,.. they could be a 7 win team or as easily be a 4 win team. Their best players last year were freshman and sophomore so now with a year under their belt I hope its more toward the 7 wins. Looked decent, still needs a lot of work.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Thanks duck.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Blackjack wrote:Also heard they looked good and that they have possibly one of the best running backs in Southeastern Ohio.
That is exciting news who are we talking about? Senior or is it someone younger up and coming? Are we talking an Austin Osborn or Trae Williams type of player? What style of runner? How about some details blackjack, cmon quit holding out lol.

wrestlersdad6766
Freshman Team

Post by wrestlersdad6766 »

Here is my opinion on the Golden Rockets in 2014, Take it or leave it how it is.

With Williams, Cox, and Womeldorf (sorry if I botched that name) also don't forget about Hale the Rockets will have a strong backfield when it comes to running the football, especially with the maturity that the o-line will have. Now when it comes to passing they struggled last year and may very well struggle again this year not because Womeldorf can't throw or because we have wideouts that can't catch it is just a fact that the Rockets pride is in pounding the football not airing it out, something every Rocket alum knows. (look at '07 the year we went 0-10, yes we were "young and fast" but we went with a spread offense which did not fair to well). Now to the defensive side of the ball, Wellston really does have one of the best Defensive ends in the TVC in Trimble who is fast and agile off the edge especially when pass rushing and toward the middle of the season last year Hale seemed to pick up on Trimble's style and followed suit, up the middle the defense will continue to be strong as they have been for 4 yrs now in my opinion yes they have had there slip-ups and bad games but they have been consistent in stopping the inside run game. As for passing defense the Rockets may struggle again mostly because you simply don't see passing situations often around here excluding the freak athletes over at Athens ( I mean that in a good way). now here is my prediction for wins and losses..... 7-3 that could quickly turn to 3-7 if they don't come out and play strong football, which sadly Wellston has only shown shimers of in recent years being that we haven't had a winning season since '06 and have only gone .500 once which was in '11. Here is to high hopes that the Rockets can return to form this season and give Wellston something they haven't seen in 6 years a winning season...

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Souunds like another great week 10 match up. Providing that both teams stay healthy. Long ways off. Good luck!!

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

0-1 after week one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the wellston golden rockets in 2014

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

Rockets looking good!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Rocket Proud wrote:Rockets looking good!
Have they had another scrimmage ?

Rocket Proud
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket Proud »

No, they have their Jamboree game at Zane Trace on Friday at 7.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Rocket Proud wrote:No, they have their Jamboree game at Zane Trace on Friday at 7.
Awesome . I think they could be good this year if they stay healthy.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

How did the Jamboree go?

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

What's the word on the Rockets ?? How was there scrimmage ?

Blue Duck
Freshman Team

Post by Blue Duck »

The one thing the Rockets are NOT, is healthy. The starting LB/offensive Lineman had surgery on a sports hernia last week and wont be back until middle of the season. Cox kid which starts on both sides of the ball wasn't dressed Friday at Zane Trace. The starting offensive lineman came out Friday with hopefully just a ankle sprain. Starting D Lineman came out with a concussion. As, for the scrimmage, I thought they looked worse than the week before. Same issues every year.,, mistakes, turnovers, missed tackles. Most of all that was obvious from the stands is that they got KILLED up front. I think the varsity score was 14-7 zane trace. I hope for much improvement from the rockets Saturday or its going to be a long night.

chillidawg
Waterboy

Post by chillidawg »

I hope blue duck is not a rocket fan because with posts like that we don't need that type of negativity. Rockets didn't play there best against Zane Trace however I would not say they were killed up front. The rockets will be fine. Due to injuries they did have some kids out of position. Hard to stay healthy with the lack of quality practice facilities at Wellston. They will be prepared and play hard against Jackson. As a life long Rocket fan I always root for a win. Don't take much from a scrimmage on a muddy track. Only thing blue duck had correct was they do have some injuries but I bet most will be as healthy as they can be ready to take on the Ironmen. Go Rockets.

baller99
Riding the Bench

Post by baller99 »

Sounds like the Rockets are already banged up they may want to phone Saturdays game in. Jackson's defense will be to strong and aggressive for the Rockets only thing good that will come out of Saturday night is no injuries. Jackson names score and Wellston 100 yards total offense.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Blue Duck wrote:The one thing the Rockets are NOT, is healthy. The starting LB/offensive Lineman had surgery on a sports hernia last week and wont be back until middle of the season. Cox kid which starts on both sides of the ball wasn't dressed Friday at Zane Trace. The starting offensive lineman came out Friday with hopefully just a ankle sprain. Starting D Lineman came out with a concussion. As, for the scrimmage, I thought they looked worse than the week before. Same issues every year.,, mistakes, turnovers, missed tackles. Most of all that was obvious from the stands is that they got KILLED up front. I think the varsity score was 14-7 zane trace. I hope for much improvement from the rockets Saturday or its going to be a long night.
Lol. Hey Blue Duck you wouldn't happen to be sandbagging or anything would you? Making it sound like you guys have no one to play and the sky is falling the sky is falling lol.

Well I "ain't" buying it Blue Duck just not buying it, I look for Wellston to pull out all stops and make this a game.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Go Rockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”