WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg AUG 29

Post by BurgGrad6 »

2 days!!! Cant wait to hear that cannon fire and see the pirate fans shake those jugs!

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

noles_fan wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
noles_fan wrote:What is the status of the running back for Ironton. I know he missed the scrimmage is he healthy. The last anyone said was it may be turf toe. That will have a huge impact on this game. He will need to be 100% for Ironton to have a chance in this game.
He's 100% good to go, no Turf Toe.
Thats good to hear. With him 100% healthy that gives Ironton a real chance to get a win. Without Pallodino Burg would win this game easy.

Who is the Pallodino kid? A sophomore, junior, or senior? Did he play last year or is this first year in the program? What kind of running style is he a shifty/fast type of scat-back or more of a downhill I am gonna run you over tailback. Some details please. Gonna make the trip down to see this game since Jackson plays Saturday and I am curious as to the type of player he is, thanks.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

He is fast and shifty but he is not going to be able to win ballgames alone so not sure where that is coming from. Good luck to both teams. Hope Burg wins and West can beat Burg down the road.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

Who is the Pallodino kid? A sophomore, junior, or senior? Did he play last year or is this first year in the program? What kind of running style is he a shifty/fast type of scat-back or more of a downhill I am gonna run you over tailback. Some details please. Gonna make the trip down to see this game since Jackson plays Saturday and I am curious as to the type of player he is, thanks.[/quote]

He's a junior and only played in the last 5 games last yr as he was a transfer. Very fast and will be the fastest kid on the field Friday. Very shifty but packs a punch as well. You will enjoy watching him run. I agree with noles , if he wasn't playing we be a 3td underdog he's that good and makes all of our other options a lot better when you key him. Full back is a load and I feel he will get a lot of work Friday As for our Goliath receivers. Their well above 6' but not sure id use Goliath but I hope their hands are soft n sticky and catch the 6-8 passes that's gonna be coming at them.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

youthsportsfan wrote:Who is the Pallodino kid? A sophomore, junior, or senior? Did he play last year or is this first year in the program? What kind of running style is he a shifty/fast type of scat-back or more of a downhill I am gonna run you over tailback. Some details please. Gonna make the trip down to see this game since Jackson plays Saturday and I am curious as to the type of player he is, thanks.
He's a junior and only played in the last 5 games last yr as he was a transfer. Very fast and will be the fastest kid on the field Friday. Very shifty but packs a punch as well. You will enjoy watching him run. I agree with noles , if he wasn't playing we be a 3td underdog he's that good and makes all of our other options a lot better when you key him. Full back is a load and I feel he will get a lot of work Friday As for our Goliath receivers. Their well above 6' but not sure id use Goliath but I hope their hands are soft n sticky and catch the 6-8 passes that's gonna be coming at them.[/quote]

lets hope the offense is so unpredictable with there play calling that the defense has no clue who to key then #22 will score 2-3 TD'S easily!!

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

all of irontons scores in the previews came from transfers. Paladino, south point, cox, rock hill and Campbell coal grove. Burg d can contain paladino outside they win this one easy.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

bRuIsEr wrote:all of irontons scores in the previews came from transfers. Paladino, south point, cox, rock hill and Campbell coal grove. Burg d can contain paladino outside they win this one easy.
These kids are not transfers. It's called open enrollment and it's not only for sports. Kids can go to other schools for social and academic reasons as well. I'm sure burg has a few kids that moved in. Burg will have to stop irontons run and tigers will have to control the spread of burg. Burg rarely puts up few yards and scores in this offense. It is very hard to defend, Usually the coaches and players stop themselves, turnovers, bad reads, etc.
Last edited by wobycat on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Go pirates

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

It's almost here. I look for another great season for the burg and another possible trip to the regional final. I look for the gold ball come back to where it belongs and that is in the trophy case of the burg. Valley's three yr reign is over.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Ironton may well win this game. But seeing Ironton live and then reading how they struggled against Coal Grove it's hard to believe they have all the talent I'm reading about on here.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

bRuIsEr wrote:all of irontons scores in the previews came from transfers. Paladino, south point, cox, rock hill and Campbell coal grove. Burg d can contain paladino outside they win this one easy.
Bruiser what's your point ? Ironton recruits? Trust me that never happened and there is no way we could recruit someone to a 3-7 school.
South Point - no leadership and bad drug problems from what I hear. Any smart parent would get them out of there ASAP. IMO.
Rock Hill - had good talent and went like 4-36 in 4 yrs. anyone would RUN from that (btw he was living in ironton driving to rh so tech. Rock hill was recruiting) You ever met many successful people that lost their whole life? Parents are wise to move OR demand changes not in coaching necessarily but expectations at some point losing becomes habit forming. Changing coaches is everyone's solution , I think IMO rock hills problems are far deeper than just a coach.
Coal Grove- CG didn't want him and there's valid reasons from what I hear. We've had similar issues. Kids gifted just hope attitude falls n line with his talent and seems to be.

Do you see anyone moving to SP , RH , River Valley (falling out of ovc) , Chesapeake (use to be when they had a good coach in norm). But not anymore.

Bruiser if your child was in school and he/she could play for ironton or burg and be part of 70-80% winning yr n yr out or go to RH and losing 80% of the time what would you do ? If you stayed because you felt it's the right thing Is it the right thing for your child ?

People blame and complain about ironton and/or burg (recruiting). Fact is you should be complaining and finding out why they are leaving and fix that. Just my opinion rock hill has the ability to be competitive again in every sport providing they fix their issues. And u must look deeper than your coaches. Their not the issue.

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Recruiting does happen maybe not by the coaches themselves but by players and parents of players that either know the kids or play with them on travel teams. Now that open enrollment exists it happens all the time!
I have a family member who played years ago who was living out of state. People were asking them what it would take to move to Ironton. The parents said a job. Low and behold a job was found for both parents and they moved to Ironton. This kid went on to play in college and was a starter.
So yes it does happen and most of the time it is for sports! I am sure academic transfer reasons are few and far between! Frankly I don't agree with open enrollment. I feel if a kid wants to go to a neighboring school then sell your house and move your whole family there. There are some families with kids who have to have two or sets of school color gear because the siblings are going to two different schools.

Imagine South Point's backfield if Pallodino, Gunther and Leonard were all still at SP?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Westfan wrote:Ironton may well win this game. But seeing Ironton live and then reading how they struggled against Coal Grove it's hard to believe they have all the talent I'm reading about on here.
Palladino did not play in the Coal Grove scrimmage game, he's a difference maker. He reminds you of a Patrick Lewis, we know what he was able to do. He's 5'10 180 and fast like Lewis was.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Ironton has been a great program. And I don't blame kids for transferring there for the reasons mentioned.

Ironton has "recruited" itself as was said but there are just too many examples of kids showing up and parents that supposedly had a conversation to gage if there kid was interested in Ironton. Do I think it was Lutz or another coach? No. They are smarter than that. Probably more like what they called them on Blue Chips, "Friends of the Program". And I don't blame Ironton. Can it be proven one way or another? Probably not. But let's not be naive either.

And before you say it I was close with another family in the OVC last summer because our kids played AAU basketball together. They have a son who is a senior this year and is a really really good lineman. They had no reason to lie to me. Everyone knew there kid was good. They told me that the question had been asked to them. And knowing them, I believe it was true. And again can it be proven. No. And do I blame Ironton? No
Last edited by Westfan on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

ohbuckeye2 wrote:
Westfan wrote:Ironton may well win this game. But seeing Ironton live and then reading how they struggled against Coal Grove it's hard to believe they have all the talent I'm reading about on here.
Palladino did not play in the Coal Grove scrimmage game, he's a difference maker. He reminds you of a Patrick Lewis, we know what he was able to do. He's 5'10 180 and fast like Lewis was.
I saw him against Fairland. He's a good back. I wasn't really meaning him as much as I am what they have to go with him. There is some good talent, but not near that of past great Ironton teams.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Westfan wrote:
ohbuckeye2 wrote:
I saw him against Fairland. He's a good back. I wasn't really meaning him as much as I am what they have to go with him. There is some good talent, but not near that of past great Ironton teams.
We're not nearly the size of school that we was back during those great Teams of the past either. We had roughly 20 to 30+ more Boys PER class back then.

Boys in Senior classes

2014 - 39 Boys
2009 - 47
2004 - 55
1999 - 54
1994 - 59
1989 - 73
1984 - 77
1979 - 100
1974 - 108

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Interesting trend of the enrollment. Based on that Ironton will be D7 before long, except for the Competitive Balance adjustment that will adjust that number up based on the number of boys that live outside the district or have not continuously attended Ironton since 7th grade.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

The competive balance will not only hit Ironton, but a few other teams in this area like Burg and Coal Grove.

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

youthsportsfan wrote:
Bruiser what's your point ? Ironton recruits? Trust me that never happened and there is no way we could recruit someone to a 3-7 school.
South Point - no leadership and bad drug problems from what I hear. Any smart parent would get them out of there ASAP. IMO.
Rock Hill - had good talent and went like 4-36 in 4 yrs. anyone would RUN from that (btw he was living in ironton driving to rh so tech. Rock hill was recruiting) You ever met many successful people that lost their whole life? Parents are wise to move OR demand changes not in coaching necessarily but expectations at some point losing becomes habit forming. Changing coaches is everyone's solution , I think IMO rock hills problems are far deeper than just a coach.
Coal Grove- CG didn't want him and there's valid reasons from what I hear. We've had similar issues. Kids gifted just hope attitude falls n line with his talent and seems to be.

Do you see anyone moving to SP , RH , River Valley (falling out of ovc) , Chesapeake (use to be when they had a good coach in norm). But not anymore.

Bruiser if your child was in school and he/she could play for ironton or burg and be part of 70-80% winning yr n yr out or go to RH and losing 80% of the time what would you do ? If you stayed because you felt it's the right thing Is it the right thing for your child ?

People blame and complain about ironton and/or burg (recruiting). Fact is you should be complaining and finding out why they are leaving and fix that. Just my opinion rock hill has the ability to be competitive again in every sport providing they fix their issues. And u must look deeper than your coaches. Their not the issue.

Youthsportsfan, I'm not sure where you are getting your information about the so called "recruits" but not all the kids mentioned above MOVED to Ironton just to play sports. The TRUTH is always just a rumor away and of course the school the kids left behind are not going to have good things to say about them!! :122245 :122245 :122245 If a kid has the grades, ability, size and speed, I wouldn't blame anyone sending their kids somewhere that could help get them a possible scholarship, or at least try to help!! With that being said, I rest my case!! GO TIGERS!!

iluvlucy
Waterboy

Post by iluvlucy »

youthsportsfan wrote:

Youthsportsfan, I'm not sure where you are getting your information about the so called "recruits" but not all the kids mentioned above MOVED to Ironton just to play sports. The TRUTH is always just a rumor away and of course the school the kids left behind are not going to have good things to say about them!! :122245 :122245 :122245 If a kid has the grades, ability, size and speed, I wouldn't blame anyone sending their kids somewhere that could help get them a possible scholarship, or at least try to help!! With that being said, I rest my case!! GO TIGERS!!

Return to “Football”