Portsmouth West Football 2014

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Portsmouth West Football 2014

Post by 4thgoal »

Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:Any word on the assistant coaches? The reason I ask because I have a son that sent in an application.
The posting on OHSAA shows that they are taking applications until April 30, so I would guess interviews will not start until May.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

dreamweaver wrote:No you couldn't be more wrong . Bullying is serious and haven't been tolerated before or you wouldn't be a part I the team. Why isn't the AD involved
I agree it's wrong, but nonetheless it has always been there.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Crab, I disagree. Back in the day gloating over beating Minford, Northwest, or Valley would have been disgraceful. Message board or not!

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The Oaf wrote:Crab, I disagree. Back in the day gloating over beating Minford, Northwest, or Valley would have been disgraceful. Message board or not!
I agree Oaf, but times have changed.
Honestly, we need to get to a point where we don't gloat about beating anyone, that's what elite programs do. We can gloat if we win a regional championship.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

4th n Goal wrote:
Gallipolis Blue Devil wrote:Any word on the assistant coaches? The reason I ask because I have a son that sent in an application.
The posting on OHSAA shows that they are taking applications until April 30, so I would guess interviews will not start until May.
If there are teaching jobs, they could find some good coaches fairly easily (I assume). I know Carver who coached there is a teacher and the 8th grade coach is already in the system, seems like that could be two potential hires.

Maybe we can get an older guy to come help out, the staff will probably be young...maybe dickie t is floating around somewhere and might decide to throw his name in the hat :122245

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

sider wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Crab, I disagree. Back in the day gloating over beating Minford, Northwest, or Valley would have been disgraceful. Message board or not!
I agree Oaf, but times have changed.
Honestly, we need to get to a point where we don't gloat about beating anyone, that's what elite programs do. We can gloat if we win a regional championship.
West has won a regional, Valley has not.....

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

sider wrote:
4th n Goal wrote:
If there are teaching jobs, they could find some good coaches fairly easily (I assume). I know Carver who coached there is a teacher and the 8th grade coach is already in the system, seems like that could be two potential hires.

Maybe we can get an older guy to come help out, the staff will probably be young...maybe dickie t is floating around somewhere and might decide to throw his name in the hat :122245
I would think there would be very little teaching positions open. What I have seen lately your better coaches are not teachers, like they were in the past. At least 3 names from the old staff at West have applied for coaching positions.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

I am looking forward to when the new coach gets here. It should be a whole new staff may have some of the new head coaches relatives. I just cant wait for Coach Johnson to take over.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I neg to differ on the best coaches being teachers. Every coach in the soc is currently a teacher and there are some pretty good ones.

If you look at the state champion teams the majority of coaches are teachers. It helps being a teach and a coach. You get to interact more with the kids and you have the foundation of how to teach.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

sider wrote:I neg to differ on the best coaches being teachers. Every coach in the soc is currently a teacher and there are some pretty good ones.

If you look at the state champion teams the majority of coaches are teachers. It helps being a teach and a coach. You get to interact more with the kids and you have the foundation of how to teach.

Agree, absolutely makes a huge difference.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

The Oaf wrote:
sider wrote:I neg to differ on the best coaches being teachers. Every coach in the soc is currently a teacher and there are some pretty good ones.

Agree, absolutely makes a huge difference.
Every Coach in the SOC, maybe head coach but not assitants. I don't disagree that it is important at the head coaching level but too many coaches that are teachers cannot coach. I will say this West will have more coaches that are not teachers than teachers. Right now there is one that is a teacher and one that is not.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Can't we just talk football and not bicker back and forth. Goodness Gracious. Go Siders! I look for a season better than outsiders will predict.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Whos going to be the quarterback, think Irwin will have a good yr?

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Now that is a good question DIDO. Loaded question. :shock: :122246

sports87
Riding the Bench

Post by sports87 »

who do they have coming back that could help him out

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Loaded with talent at the receiver position.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

A lot of skill players returning, some already two year starters. Should be a great year and look forward to watching the games.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

West Side Pride wrote:A lot of skill players returning, some already two year starters. Should be a great year and look forward to watching the games.
Somewhere along the way some more speed needs to be found or developed.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

The Oaf wrote:
West Side Pride wrote:A lot of skill players returning, some already two year starters. Should be a great year and look forward to watching the games.
Somewhere along the way some more speed needs to be found or developed.
We have some good athletes. Team speed should be descent. Size up front may be a problem. Will be interesting to see what style we incorporate offensively and defensively to compensate.

local superstar
All State

Post by local superstar »

Loads of experienced players on this team. Good luck West!

Return to “Football”