Athens Bulldogs 2014

A-Town Big Dog
S

Re: Athens Bulldogs 2014

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Football fan wrote:when i was at Zanesville a person from Zanesville said they were playing at Athens this comming season Is the Game a Home or Away for Athens
Week 1 Gallia
Week 2 @ Zanesville
Week 3 Warren
Week 4 @ Alexander
Week 5 Vinton County
Week 6 @Steubenville/Ironton(still no game)
Week 7 @Meigs
Week 8 Wellston
Week 9 River Valley
Week 10 Nelsonville York
Did the addition of River Valley change the venue of the Nelsonville-York game? We should be playing @ N-Y not at home if not.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

RAIDER6309 wrote:2014 Steubenville

H Cleveland John F. Kennedy
H Cincinnati Glen Este
H Youngstown Ursuline
H Brooke (WV)
A Massillon Washington
H Athens
H St. Joseph (NJ)
H University Prep (Pittspuke, PA)
H Wheeling Park (WV)
H Pinehurst (Canada Prep Football Academy

9 home games lol
i believe after the university prep you meant to say SIX TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMP

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:
RAIDER6309 wrote:
Football fan wrote:when i was at Zanesville a person from Zanesville said they were playing at Athens this comming season Is the Game a Home or Away for Athens
Week 1 Gallia
Week 2 @ Zanesville
Week 3 Warren
Week 4 @ Alexander
Week 5 Vinton County

Week 6 @Steubenville/Ironton(still no game)
Week 7 @Meigs
Week 8 Wellston
Week 9 River Valley
Week 10 Nelsonville York
Did the addition of River Valley change the venue of the Nelsonville-York game? We should be playing @ N-Y not at home if not.
Week 10 is at Nelsonville-York

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

93-

As Good as Ryan is at WR/SS ... I believe his best sport is Baseball and he will get a lot of looks for his abilities as a P/SS ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens does play at Nelsonville next year. I must have read it wrong off ohsaa's site

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

looks like Barberton is changing there mind and not droping Steubenville. if so Athens will still be lookin for week 6 game

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Too bad; Steubenville would be a really good opponent for points (if they were to win, which would be tough in Death Valley.)

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

Trae Williams gets offer from Toledo, to go along with his offer from Ohio. Multiple D1 offers for Williams and the list of offers for Burrow continues to grow while the interest for both Lurhman twins continues.

All this D1 talent on one team in Southeast Ohio? I thought this could only happen in Northeast Ohio. Great time to be a Bulldog.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

Really great time to be a bulldog and you have River Valley on your schedule? That is nothing but a shame. Shame on you. Heck the old Athens teams could beat River Valley.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

toldya wrote:Really great time to be a bulldog and you have River Valley on your schedule? That is nothing but a shame. Shame on you. Heck the old Athens teams could beat River Valley.
The River Valley game is not by choice, they are joining the TVC-Ohio starting in the fall ... it's a league game and must be played.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

Wow that game makes it hard to defend that athens cut and run to find someone they could beat. It also makes athens look bad for not really garnering support to bring some competitive balance to the TVC. River Valley (and you know it]) does nothing for competitive balance. Every league in se Ohio has given rv a chance. Everyone just keeps beating
rv up. Enjoy your victory.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

toldya wrote:Wow that game makes it hard to defend that athens cut and run to find someone they could beat. It also makes athens look bad for not really garnering support to bring some competitive balance to the TVC. River Valley (and you know it]) does nothing for competitive balance. Every league in se Ohio has given rv a chance. Everyone just keeps beating
rv up. Enjoy your victory.
Since when did it become Athens job to make schools change their minds?
River Valley was voted into the league and now Athens has to play them. It has nothing to do with the SEOAL or Athens leaving the SEOAL.
Last time I checked River Valley has been in 2 leagues since they came into existence. They were in the SEOAL, and then the OVC.
The TVC invited river Valley but they took the invite to the SEOAL instead. The TVC will be a good fit for them.

TigerBacker#1
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerBacker#1 »

I agree o b. Nelsonville will enjoy kicking then around too. Better than having Jackson rip the Buckeyes.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

toldya wrote:I agree o b. Nelsonville will enjoy kicking then around too. Better than having Jackson rip the Buckeyes.
We offered to come to "the tank" to play the Tigers in week 6 but lets just say the people in Ironton thought better of it. :mrgreen:

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:
toldya wrote:I agree o b. Nelsonville will enjoy kicking then around too. Better than having Jackson rip the Buckeyes.
We offered to come to "the tank" to play the Tigers in week 6 but lets just say the people in Ironton thought better of it. :mrgreen:
Sounds like they lost that there fight in them Tiggers!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote: We offered to come to "the tank" to play the Tigers in week 6 but lets just say the people in Ironton thought better of it. :mrgreen:

Wonder what happened to the old Tiger mantra of "anyone, anywhere, anytime"?

I guess now it must be "Anyone (we can beat), anywhere (not even at the TANK), anytime (unless you have a once in a lifetime class of athletes".

Haha.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Looks like everyone is kicking the crap out of your Tigers these days. You guys ducked Athens, and from the way your schedule is looking your gonna be playing sisters of the poor in a year or 2.......

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

What about Fairland? I know it would be a DV school, but If anyone was at that game last year, it was fun til the very end...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

questionmark wrote:What about Fairland? I know it would be a DV school, but If anyone was at that game last year, it was fun til the very end...

As long as you play them at home!
It's rare to see a team get homered as bad as you guys did last year... lol
I wouldn't take a Kickball team down their to play.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Hey, wait a minute! Ironton poster's said today that they are playing you bullpuppies the sixth game at the tank, They said there big and bad and will play you anytime or any place!

Return to “Football”