Athens Bulldogs 2014

bengals01
JV Team

Re: Athens Bulldogs 2014

Post by bengals01 »

both Ironton and Athens still have open dates for oct.3ed no game yet.
http://schedules.myohsaa.org/SchoolHome ... s/10/2014/

so.stormmom
Freshman Team

Post by so.stormmom »

FROM WHAT I BEEN A READING OVER ON THAT OTHER SITE THE WORD IS ATHENS IS AFRAID TO PLAY IRONTON AND WILL NOT SIGN TO PLAY THEM I SAY PUT THEM ON THE SCHEDULE WHILE THEY ARE DOWN BECAUSE IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY ARE HOISTING UP A CHANPIONSHIP TROPHY AGAIN ESPECIALY IF THEY GET IN D 5 LIKE SOME ARE SAYING WILL HAPPEN BUT DONT LET THEM SUCKER YOU INTO SIGNING A MULTI YEAR CONTRACT FOR 8 YEARS LIKE THEY WANT I DONT THINK THE OVC KNEW WHAT THEY WAS DOING LETTING THIS BEAST OF A TEAM IN THAT SMALL CONFERENCE

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

Bulldog QB Joe Burrow picks up another offer from Virgina Tech.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

ROY MUNSUN wrote:FROM WHAT I BEEN A READING OVER ON THAT OTHER SITE THE WORD IS ATHENS IS AFRAID TO PLAY IRONTON AND WILL NOT SIGN TO PLAY THEM I SAY PUT THEM ON THE SCHEDULE WHILE THEY ARE DOWN BECAUSE IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE THEY ARE HOISTING UP A CHANPIONSHIP TROPHY AGAIN ESPECIALY IF THEY GET IN D 5 LIKE SOME ARE SAYING WILL HAPPEN BUT DONT LET THEM SUCKER YOU INTO SIGNING A MULTI YEAR CONTRACT FOR 8 YEARS LIKE THEY WANT I DONT THINK THE OVC KNEW WHAT THEY WAS DOING LETTING THIS BEAST OF A TEAM IN THAT SMALL CONFERENCE
One problem Athens is having filling the week 6 slot is due to them not being able to sign a multi year deal, starting in 2015 Gallia Academy is moving to the week 6 slot and Logan will replace GAHS in the week 1 slot.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Are we gonna build new visitor locker rooms? They were pretty bad when I was in high school. The new weight room and softball field are very nice

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

Good article on Joe Burrow. Ohio State starting to get into the mix.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-stat ... e-interest

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Don't know much about Athens football except that the Bulldogs score a lot of points. I'll give them props for going to Steubenville to face Big Red.

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

I was told by a very reliable source over the weekend that Steubenville is in negotiations with Barberton to void their current contract for week 6 and that it would happen as soon as the details are worked out. I was then assured that as soon as their contract is voided that Athens and Steubenville will sign a one year contract with the Bulldogs visiting the Big Red week 6, 2014.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:I was told by a very reliable source over the weekend that Steubenville is in negotiations with Barberton to void their current contract for week 6 and that it would happen as soon as the details are worked out. I was then assured that as soon as their contract is voided that Athens and Steubenville will sign a one year contract with the Bulldogs visiting the Big Red week 6, 2014.
That will be a tough one. Steubenville brings everyone back from a d4 final four team

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

Win or lose the stuebenville pick up is great for Athens !

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Barberton sucks. The Big Red will provide Athens with a big time experience in Death Valley. Get there early as the place fills up.

edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

I was told by a very reliable source over the weekend that Steubenville is in negotiations with Barberton to void their current contract for week 6 and that it would happen as soon as the details are worked out. I was then assured that as soon as their contract is voided that Athens and Steubenville will sign a one year contract with the Bulldogs visiting the Big Red week 6, 2014.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OHSAA site already has Steubenville vs Barberton game listed as postponed.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

edforshey wrote:I was told by a very reliable source over the weekend that Steubenville is in negotiations with Barberton to void their current contract for week 6 and that it would happen as soon as the details are worked out. I was then assured that as soon as their contract is voided that Athens and Steubenville will sign a one year contract with the Bulldogs visiting the Big Red week 6, 2014.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OHSAA site already has Steubenville vs Barberton game listed as postponed.
At least give credit to the quote or use the handy "quote" button when quoting someone.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw where Steubenville's coach is finally going to retire

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

RAIDER6309 wrote:Saw where Steubenville's coach is finally going to retire
i don't think he has retired yet. steubenville recently hired an assistant coach (filtz) that may eventually take over.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I saw a lot of post about him on ovac forum, I was surprised to see Reno was the coach last year. Should be a big points game. Say Athens, Tri valley and Marion Franklin will be fighting over that number 1 seed

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

Joe Burrow picks up offer from the SEC - University of Kentucky.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

theplainsbulldog wrote:Joe Burrow picks up offer from the SEC - University of Kentucky.
That would be a horrible play to play college football.
UK fans get all excited hoping "this is the year we win 6 games and go to a bowl", then after week 2 they don't even show up to tailgate lol.....

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

Orange and Brown wrote:
theplainsbulldog wrote:Joe Burrow picks up offer from the SEC - University of Kentucky.
That would be a horrible play to play college football.
UK fans get all excited hoping "this is the year we win 6 games and go to a bowl", then after week 2 they don't even show up to tailgate lol.....
Yes, you are right Orange and Brown, it would be horrible, just horrible. I am not sure how JB would even be able to get out of bed in the mornings knowing that he would be a quterback in the premier football conference in the country. Getting to face Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and LSU would be just plan horrible.

Maybe he should just quit throwing footballs around now so these horrible SEC schools who strive to win six games would stop wanting him to come play for him in front of empty stands where people won't even come to tailgate. Probably he should just go to a mid-level MAC school we he could win 8 or maybe even 9 games a year in front of 10000 screaming fans who tailgate all morning long and play in a big time bowl game on a Tuesday night in late December.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Now your just being over dramatic lol...........
UK is the football graveyard of the SEC. He has lots of offers and will receive many more before it's all done. Pull the wedgie out of your butt and relax plainsbulldog lol

Return to “Football”