Logan Chieftains 2014

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Logan Chieftains 2014

Post by C-Bolt »

noreply they are practicing with Logan Elm Tuesday morning,be nice if someone could scout that out for us,I won't be able to make it.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

After watching 7-7 with VC I think Logan is again on the rise. I liked the fast pace of their offense. Add run plays in and keep that tempo they can wear a defence out. Seemed to have plenty of depth at the skill positions. Think they will be fun to watch.

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

C-Bolt wrote:noreply they are practicing with Logan Elm Tuesday morning,be nice if someone could scout that out for us,I won't be able to make it.
Place and time? Asking for a friend. Thx

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Should be at Logan according to LDN,I think all of them practices have been there if I not mistaking.I went last year and it started around 9 or 10 I think.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

My "scouts" tell me they look good in the early going with size, some speed and some skills. The question mark is the D, but the coach should have a sound D. Scrimmages should answer if they can shut people down .

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I got a little ring last night, I heard they are look-un good as well.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Offense should be really solid at all the skill positions.

Offensive line has the right "look" - but they lost a ton of experience from last years team. Anxious to hear about how the Logan Elm scrimmage went this morning.

Agree that defense remains a question mark. Was not "lights out" last season, but it is getting harder and harder to control games with defense. The secondary has a ton of athletes. Can the line and linebackers make enough plays to hold Lancaster under 30 points? Its been a while.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Looks like nobody went to the practice today, or maybe it got cancelled due to the weather

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

They probably got some practice time in, the storms and rain didn't come through till around 1:00 pm/1:30 ish. Give or take. What time did they start Bolt?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Too early for me trench.Last year I think they started banging into each other around 9am or 10ish,wouldn't have amounted to much anyway its mostly just a practice with drills and such.

newkidsontheblock
Waterboy

Post by newkidsontheblock »

Mostly even. would give a slight edge to Logan Elm. Both teams were vanilla in their play calling. 7 on 7 went in favor of LE. Live team scrimmage was more equal, but i think with both 1's on the field Elm had the slight advantage.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:Too early for me trench.Last year I think they started banging into each other around 9am or 10ish,wouldn't have amounted to much anyway its mostly just a practice with drills and such.
What I figured, both teams getting a feel for things. Too early to tell for me, but the Chiefs has nice size just about everywhere.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thanks for the report football life! Thats about how I remember it going last year also with Elm having a slight edge and the Quarterback doing most the damage,was he back this year? Never mind saw where he graduated last year along with that great running back.Seems Elm always plays Logan tough in that practice.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Anyone know if the Chiefs will have that sharp looking new design on their helmets, when they enter the field in the opening game with the mighty Gales? It's been quiet about that subject. Maybe it will be a surprise. :-D :122248

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

I've heard no change to the helmets, Trench.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

LOL looks like I would have won the bet trench! Fear the spear :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

C-Bolt wrote:LOL looks like I would have won the bet trench! Fear the spear :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

LoganLocos wrote:I've heard no change to the helmets, Trench.
Thanks for the info LL.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Circleville dominated the 10 play series portion 3-0.Its hard to to see whos who with Logan not wearing numbers but I believe the down and distance ended up tied 2-2. Logan looked really sluggish in the 10 play series but finally came alive scoring on the first two game time situations, but the bogged down and Circleville score twice to even the down and distance 2-2. Circleville reserves scored 1.Logan has a lot of work to do before the Gales come rolling in.Secondary giving up too many deep passing plays got to tighten up coverage back there,rushing defense was pretty decent but could also use improvement.Circleville freshman beat the Logan freshman, but don't remember the score

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sounds like the Chiefs have got some work to do in the secondary. Good report Bolt.

Return to “Football”