The Mayor's Plan for 24-team TVC

cghs82
JV Team

Re: The Mayor's Plan for 24-team TVC

Post by cghs82 »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:In what way would it have affected any recent sect dist or state results that the TVC has recently had if Jackson was in the TVC.

I think he is referring to the current setup of the TVC Hocking, particularly football. With 9 members, the TVC Hocking is essentially a playoff point "cash cow" for the schools. When you play 8 conference games, in many years, someone goes 8-0 in conference play, someone goes 7-1, 6-2, 5-3, etc. etc. etc. That is a lot of automatic playoff points for those schools. If you split the Hocking into two divisions, the best someone could do would be to go 5-0 in conference play. That doesn't provide nearly as many guaranteed playoff points as the possibility of going 8-0 in conference play. If someone goes 8-0 in conference play, the worst their overall record could be is 8-2. This means its likely multiple schools make the playoffs. If someone goes 5-0 in a smaller conference, that team could potentially finish with a 5-5 overall record and not make the playoffs, and no team from that conference made the playoffs. The larger Hocking Division guarantees more of those teams make the playoffs in football.
I don't think you understand the scheduling logic. The Hocking Division is split into 2 divisions, but it's not set-up to where the 2 separate divisions only play each other in their division and play no one in the opposite division. Assuming the Hocking would stay in an 8 game conference schedule, a team, let's go with Trimble in this situation, would play their 4 other teams in their division (Federal Hocking, Miller, South Gallia, Wahama), their protected rival (Frontier), and then would 3 of the 4 remaining opponents from the opposite division (Belpre, Eastern, Southern, Waterford) and the one team that isn't played out of the 4 other teams rotates annually so you would play a team 3 out of 4 years. There is the rare probability that you could see 2 teams go undefeated in conference play if 2 teams in opposite divisions aren't scheduled play each other that certain year in which, they would have to be named co-champions since the TVC wouldn't be able to schedule a championship game due to the playoffs, but it would be theoretically a rare occurance. Now for the other main sports, they could maintain 16 conference games (again using Trimble as an example, play your division opponents twice home & home [Federal Hocking, Miller, South Gallia, Wahama] your protected rival twice home & home, [Frontier] and for opposite division opponents [Belpre, Eastern, Southern, Waterford], you play 2 of the 4 teams twice home & home and the other 2 opponents once with the rotation of teams being played only once changing annually) and potentially play a conference championship game, especially in Basketball and Volleyball, if they would so choose to just before tournaments begin. Baseball and Softball would be a little more difficult to do because of Ohio Weather, but is still doable. You could have the championship game played at the home of the best Hocking Division school or at a neutral Ohio Division school, but that's a whole different topic. Anyways, the propose of divisions is to try to cut down on travel, especially in the other main sports who mainly play on school nights. The propose of the protected rival is to either maintain rivalries or create new ones. And as for scheduling in football, the hocking division schools would be able to play their 2 non-conference games in the 1st 2 weeks rather than 1 in Week 1 and the other during conference play making for easier non-conference scheduling. Hope that helps out and makes it easier to understand.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

If you are going to get this plan to work you need to put Frontier in the same division as South Gallia. They could then make it an over night trip. We need more long trips. Maybe do a layover in Athens the night before the game and tour the OU facilities. :lol: If they are not in the same division they should be forced to play one of those "cross over" games the one poster wrote about. I would also like to see a team from the western part of the state like Covington in this league too. Let's see if we can get a 5 or 6 hour trip for a league contest why don't we? Hey I'm not the mayor, but I was once on the town council. :12224

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Steegal wrote:If you are going to get this plan to work you need to put Frontier in the same division as South Gallia. They could then make it an over night trip. We need more long trips. Maybe do a layover in Athens the night before the game and tour the OU facilities. :lol: If they are not in the same division they should be forced to play one of those "cross over" games the one poster wrote about. I would also like to see a team from the western part of the state like Covington in this league too. Let's see if we can get a 5 or 6 hour trip for a league contest why don't we? Hey I'm not the mayor, but I was once on the town council. :12224
ONCE... :lol:

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

noreply66 wrote:
Steegal wrote:If you are going to get this plan to work you need to put Frontier in the same division as South Gallia. They could then make it an over night trip. We need more long trips. Maybe do a layover in Athens the night before the game and tour the OU facilities. :lol: If they are not in the same division they should be forced to play one of those "cross over" games the one poster wrote about. I would also like to see a team from the western part of the state like Covington in this league too. Let's see if we can get a 5 or 6 hour trip for a league contest why don't we? Hey I'm not the mayor, but I was once on the town council. :12224
Yes, once, as in at some time in the past; formerly. Got voted off, I think for trying to tell people in other organizations how to do their business and blaming them for our own dysfunction... :lol: Oh, I was an historian too though so I guess they should have felt I was beyond reproach. :12224

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Steegal wrote:
noreply66 wrote:
Yes, once, as in at some time in the past; formerly. Got voted off, I think for trying to tell people in other organizations how to do their business and blaming them for our own dysfunction... :lol: Oh, I was an historian too though so I guess they should have felt I was beyond reproach. :12224
You're better than that.

old bird
Freshman Team

Post by old bird »

How is it that whenever there is TVC expansion talk they put Miller and Waterford n same with SG. I figure it's because most people feel that those three schools compete with each other well but they r one opposite ends of conference. Let's just stop that. Miller nor Waterford should ever vote for expansion in which they drive away from FH or Trimble (even if they can't compete with Trimble year n and out).

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

old bird wrote:How is it that whenever there is TVC expansion talk they put Miller and Waterford n same with SG. I figure it's because most people feel that those three schools compete with each other well but they r one opposite ends of conference. Let's just stop that. Miller nor Waterford should ever vote for expansion in which they drive away from FH or Trimble (even if they can't compete with Trimble year n and out).
You mean like this fella did?
THEE Mayor wrote:I have been approached about becomming the TCV Commish. I am entertaining the idea, but only if that fella called Palodine gets to help me. I tell ya, you put me and him in charge and that dern TCV is in for an awakenin I tell ya. We will propose an 80 team conference with 10 -8 team divisions. This is a good way to "market our brand" and keep people from saying we "run from competition." Only two rules for alignment are Jackson and Logan get first pick, and all other divisions must include the two schools that are farthest away from each other in them. This will help on travel. Oh and Jackson and Logan get to tell Athens what division they are in so they can put some whoopins on the ole cut-n-runners. :lol: One rule of the new GIGANTIC TCV is- if you vote no on anything Jackson or Logan proposes you have to tell why you vote that way. If you vote yes on it you don't have to tell why. Notice: the first 78 teams, after Jackson and Logan, that apply will be admitted. Better sign up soon spots are filling up and you don't want to be on the outside looking in.
:mrgreen:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

These big ole D5 schools in the Ohio have got to stop running from the likes of D3 Jackson and D2 Logan

Hannan will play anyone.........
Literally, last year they played the Florida school for the blind and deaf and only lost by 3!

Return to “Football”