Week 2: Fisher @ Sciotoville/Ports. East

anderson2012
JV Team

Week 2: Fisher @ Sciotoville/Ports. East

Post by anderson2012 »

I'll wait until some other people post to give my thoughts, but in my opinion this could be a game to watch concerning the Region 25 picture. Both teams have the potential to rack up the L1's, so this could be a big game in terms of the L2's for the victor.

I will preface by saying I'm glad this game is getting played. I know a few years ago both programs were really down and this seemed like a no-brainer game, but to some varying degrees both programs have improved a bit. Additionally, I have read and understood Sciotoville has lost some talented gentlemen to other places be it for their own reasons. A big kudos to those who have stayed and stuck with it especially if the opportunity to go elsewhere has presented itself.

Oh, and a quick question... I can't for the life of me remember if FC has played Sciotoville before or if it was Portsmouth HS we played. I'm thinking this matchup had to have taken place during the 90's.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 2: Fisher @ Sciotoville/Ports. East

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

After seeing Fisher play I can not see them winning this game.
Now if their transfer player, who can not play until week six was playing, then I might change my mind.

If East drops this one they might not have this big of shot at winning again this season.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:After seeing Fisher play I can not see them winning this game.
Now if their transfer player, who can not play until week six was playing, then I might change my mind.

If East drops this one they might not have this big of shot at winning again this season.
Extremely inaccurate sentence. East has 2 of the worst teams in the state coming up the next two weeks. I fully expect East to come into their week 5 matchup with my Indians at 4-0.

wermarshall1
Riding the Bench

Post by wermarshall1 »

East is still young.....really only lost two impact players, others, hopefully, will step up. New coaching staff has the Tartans playing several different offenses along with a whole new defensive scheme. Picking the Tartans by 14.
BTW, I don't think the two have ever met....

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Fisher is one of the worst teams I have ever watched.
So not inaccurate at all.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:Fisher is one of the worst teams I have ever watched.
So not inaccurate at all.
You must not have seen Green play.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

//
Last edited by anderson2012 on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

SouthGallia#1 in bball
Riding the Bench

Post by SouthGallia#1 in bball »

The Tartans have an outstanding athlete in the backfield and that is what gave Fisher such fits against Paint Valley.

East wins 27-4.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

East

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

Crab's brother wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:After seeing Fisher play I can not see them winning this game.

Extremely inaccurate sentence. East has 2 of the worst teams in the state coming up the next two weeks. I fully expect East to come into their week 5 matchup with my Indians at 4-0.
I agree Crab, I look for East to be playing Valley in week 5 being 4-0, If Valley don't take this game serious, then the Tartans will roll with the win! and IF Valley wins in week 5 then I still think East will win out or maybe lose only 1 game the rest of the season until playoffs. East has some REALLY good group of boys that has the magic to win.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

PirateFan2 wrote:
Crab's brother wrote:

I agree Crab, I look for East to be playing Valley in week 5 being 4-0, If Valley don't take this game serious, then the Tartans will roll with the win! and IF Valley wins in week 5 then I still think East will win out or maybe lose only 1 game the rest of the season until playoffs. East has some REALLY good group of boys that has the magic to win.
UMMMM...No

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

LOL, yeah first get to 4-0 then worry about valley. Valley by 3+ scores at least

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Game resumes @ 5pm. Tartans ball, 4th & 6 at the FC 12 with 7:20 left in 2Q. Irish lead 7-0

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Thanks for the updates last night.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Sciotoville 14
Fisher 7

1/2 time

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Sciotoville 21
Fisher 7

3Q

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

27-7

Nightmare situation

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

FC's Hayden Muckensturm scores from 50 yards out. 5:44 left in the 4th...

28-14 tartans

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Muck recovers a Tartan fumble and takes it to the house. But Sciotoville scores again w/ 3:22 left

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Jared Faulkner on the ground takes it to the house!!

34-28 Sciotoville.... 2:24 LEFT 4Q

Return to “Football”