WK 4: Monroe Central (2-1) @ Caldwell (3-0)

surfsider
All State

Re: WK 4: Monroe Central (2-1) @ Caldwell (3-0)

Post by surfsider »

Win the turnover battle, convert third-and-short situations, and do a good job on containment on special teams.
Do these 3 things and MC walks away with a win and another PVC title.
And if Noles only do 2 of 3, find a Sideliner and tell "maybe next year," lol.

MrSider
Riding the Bench

Post by MrSider »

Good news strolling around Caldwell as Lori may be back after 5 weeks or in time for playoffs.Wasnt ACL
Hopefully this is 100% TRUE

wolverine
Freshman Team

Post by wolverine »

Taking Redskins in a good one

CoachVinny
Waterboy

Post by CoachVinny »

Hey guys, long time reader first time poster.
Wiskerbizket wrote:Good news strolling around Caldwell as Lori may be back after 5 weeks or in time for playoffs.Wasnt ACL
Hopefully this is 100% TRUE
Really do hope this one is true, he's an impressive player and that group deserves the best chance to accomplish something special in the postseason.

As for my 2 cents on the game, MC better find a way to stop a running attack because the last 3 weeks that defense has had some scary moments where the opposing team seemed to move at will. If Caldwell is anything like they traditionally have been, they will pound pound pound.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Post by Jakefromstatefarm »

End 3rd quarter
Caldwell 36
Monroe Central 6

Running clock in effect

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Caldwell's 2nd string in with about 7 minutes left.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

Final
Caldwell 36
Monroe Central 6

F-54
Waterboy

Post by F-54 »

That was one hell of a game! Congrats Skins on improving to 4-0! I have to give my props to MC as well. Kids played hard, especially Hooper. That kid took some heavy shots tonight.

RvFan02
Waterboy

Post by RvFan02 »

PVC MAN wrote:After watching the game films, I don't think Caldwell can keep up with our offense. I know we can shut Clark down. The league title is going to be back where it belongs.
Well, PVC MAN was correct. Caldwell could not keep up with MC's offense.....it kept going backwards all night and they shut Clark down quite a bit, once he reached the end zone.

Was a great game to watch. MC played hard, was just overmatched in every aspect of the game. Have to give props to Hooper. He did a great job, kid can throw the ball well. Caldwell D just put too much pressure on him all night. He will certainly be bruised and sore for a few days after the pounding he took last night, but he sucked it up every time and gave it his all.

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

PVC MAN wrote:The Noles will be coming in angry and should win this one by Atleast 2Tds. Kilburn will be in the backfield all night giving Clark nightmares. With no Lori this one may get ugly. Hooper should have a great game throwing the ball.
lol

Jakefromstatefarm
Varsity

On a serious note, props to MC for battling all night. Like another poster mentioned, Hooper, when not on a roll out, was getting pressured and knocked around all night, but he got right back up. You could tell it was affecting him watching him walk off the field at halftime. Amazed me to see the low numbers for the Seminoles. I think Caldwells uptempo style really wore them down. Hard to keep going with no subs and very little time in between plays. Hooper does throw a nice ball, and Alleman (sp?) is a big kid, just didn't have many holes against Caldwells front seven. Good luck to the Seminoles the rest of the year.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Wow was I ever wrong on this game. Caldwell has a strong athletic line and the Clark kid is a stud. The only thing I was right about was that it might get ugly without Lori and it did. (LOL)

Return to “Football”