Week 8: Logan (6-1) at St. Francis De Sales (6-1)

loganlocos
SEOP

Re: Week 8: Logan (6-1) at St. Francis De Sales (6-1)

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote: Their D-line play is solid I think they have a nose guard that is a commit somewhere.

Good luck, I am interested in this game. I think DeSales and Zanesville are the Region 9 "favorites" based on what I know and this game will give us some ideas on where Jackson is and may face in a couple weeks. The big full back that they have playing now 260# or so is a transfer in as I understand, imagine that, amazing how that works out isn't it lol.
I would handicap DeSales and Watterson as the two best teams in the region, but Watterson may not make the playoffs. They'll have to beat both Bishop Hartley and Cincinnati Winton Woods in the next two weeks.

Zanesville's defense is unbelievably good. Offense has done enough, strong line, good back, and a really good QB with a couple receivers.

I also like Beechcroft. They play big boy defense and I think their QB is back, and he's a nice player.

Jackson can play with anyone in the region. Think there is a big drop off after the five teams I mentioned.

I'm hoping for a Jackson/Bexley first round match-up. Johnny Smith (Katie's brother) coaches the Lions. Saw their first round playoff loss to Beechcroft last year.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck logan.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

TrenchLocoReply wrote:
PaliPud wrote: I sure am glad my high school sweethearts get on here and support me against that mean Dandy Delta Dawn. Someone needs to get that guy and that Ground Pound Butt to quit being mean to me. Don't they know how good I was in high school. Oh yea, that DeSows is slow and weak. I watched a bunch of films on them. They do have one player that I've been scouting. You know I scout for all the good D1 colleges.
That's right Pali we got your back. We'll let them two have it. Yes they do make valid points about Logan dodging competition. They also were right and you were wrong about Jackson. But we don't care about any of the facts unless it makes Logan look good. We loved you in high school, and we love you now. :aaaaa83 So when they make valid points we will just make fun of them and add a bunch of great big smiley faces so we can jam up the thread with a bunch of BS and hopefully no one will see the weaknesses of Logan.
Sounds about right. :mrgreen:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Thanks Locos for the information, good insight.

I am hearing same thing you are about Andrews. Jackson has a DeSales connection with a kid that played here through freshman year before his family moved to Columbus area and he enrolled at DeSales.

Smith will match up just fine he is a very solid player and a strong kid. Be interesting to see how many different ways Burke can find to get him the ball if you are missing McBride.

I watched the HUDL film several times on the play McBride was hurt, it appears he went down prior to contact, like after hand-off he started to make a cut or move and just went to turf. Maybe it was dinged from a play prior to that but didn't see anything on the play he went out on. Is it the opposite knee or same knee from last year?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Ground Buck wrote:
TrenchLocoReply wrote:
PaliPud wrote: I sure am glad my high school sweethearts get on here and support me against that mean Dandy Delta Dawn. Someone needs to get that guy and that Ground Pound Butt to quit being mean to me. Don't they know how good I was in high school. Oh yea, that DeSows is slow and weak. I watched a bunch of films on them. They do have one player that I've been scouting. You know I scout for all the good D1 colleges.
That's right Pali we got your back. We'll let them two have it. Yes they do make valid points about Logan dodging competition. They also were right and you were wrong about Jackson. But we don't care about any of the facts unless it makes Logan look good. We loved you in high school, and we love you now. :aaaaa83 So when they make valid points we will just make fun of them and add a bunch of great big smiley faces so we can jam up the thread with a bunch of BS and hopefully no one will see the weaknesses of Logan.
Sounds about right. :mrgreen:
Go find a Pee Wee coaching job, as a DC :lol: :lol: :lol:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote:Thanks Locos for the information, good insight.

I am hearing same thing you are about Andrews. Jackson has a DeSales connection with a kid that played here through freshman year before his family moved to Columbus area and he enrolled at DeSales.

Smith will match up just fine he is a very solid player and a strong kid. Be interesting to see how many different ways Burke can find to get him the ball if you are missing McBride.

I watched the HUDL film several times on the play McBride was hurt, it appears he went down prior to contact, like after hand-off he started to make a cut or move and just went to turf. Maybe it was dinged from a play prior to that but didn't see anything on the play he went out on. Is it the opposite knee or same knee from last year?
Yeah, sorry to hear the kid from Jackson got hurt. Would have been a cool sub plot to write about in my "Scouting Report" for the LDN.

You are right about McBride. It is the opposite knee, I believe.

I know Craig Dunn from the LDN met with Coach Burke today. He is hopeful we'll have Bryce in the line-up. Would make a big difference if so.

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Be interesting to see how Burke prepares for the DeSales triple option.

I have heard stories from some that one way a lot of teams to this is for the first team D to practice against the scout O without the scout O team actually using a ball. Just to reinforce the lane assignments and what you are supposed to do and try to avoid the defense "eyeing the ball" and trying to find it and then missing the assignment. Interesting idea just curious has to how he will approach it with only 4 days to prepare.

All the motion and confusion is hard for defenses and then add in the cut blocks for a D-line not used to that and a week is not much time.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

doubleplay643 wrote:Be interesting to see how Burke prepares for the DeSales triple option.

I have heard stories from some that one way a lot of teams to this is for the first team D to practice against the scout O without the scout O team actually using a ball. Just to reinforce the lane assignments and what you are supposed to do and try to avoid the defense "eyeing the ball" and trying to find it and then missing the assignment. Interesting idea just curious has to how he will approach it with only 4 days to prepare.

All the motion and confusion is hard for defenses and then add in the cut blocks for a D-line not used to that and a week is not much time.
Sounds like a good method! The defense must play assignment football and control their area! The LB's ad DE's will play key roles in controlling
the Triple Opinion. It is very difficult to prepare for this offence in4 days let alone -3 weeks. What a tough match up for a defense that has had all kind of problems this year!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay643 wrote:Be interesting to see how Burke prepares for the DeSales triple option.

Absolutely. Its why the offense is so effective - even at the D1 college level with Navy and GA Tech. Hard to get your guys ready in a week.

We've had success against DeSales in the past, but it HAS been a while. Played them from 87-92 and went 3-3. Only one loss (42-0 in 90) was a blowout. DeSales was the DII runner-up that year and Logan was 2-8.

Ironically, they also played Gallipolis and Athens and beat them by the exact same score.

Played again in 02 and 03 with DeSales winning 13-0 and 19-0.

We haven't really played well defensively all season, so it will be interesting to see how this group responds not only to the loss, but a whole new challenge.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It's a tough assignment for Logan. The environment, the stakes. This is Logan's season. Win and the playoffs are definitely possible. Lose and you're probably on the outside looking in.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

dazed&confused wrote:It's a tough assignment for Logan. The environment, the stakes. This is Logan's season. Win and the playoffs are definitely possible. Lose and you're probably on the outside looking in.
Its a definite win and in. Lose and you're going to do a LOT of scoreboard watching.

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

LoganLocos wrote:
dazed&confused wrote:It's a tough assignment for Logan. The environment, the stakes. This is Logan's season. Win and the playoffs are definitely possible. Lose and you're probably on the outside looking in.
Its a definite win and in. Lose and you're going to do a LOT of scoreboard watching.
That is the consequences of scheduling as they did. Like Palapud said, you can dodge competition by having a schedule filled with smaller schools so you have a good record and not make the playoffs, or make it and get throttled. Or you can schedule tough teams your own size from other areas and build a better program. Logan chose the former and may miss the playoffs because of it. So the "Pali" was finally right about something.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I expect Logan will be practicing assignment football this week. As Burke knows, running the Triple has its problems( turnovers, difficult to come back from after you are down) . I wouldn't worry about playoffs, just the game. All kinds of odd things are happening to lots of teams everywhere with playoff projections and there are 3 games to go.

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

What about the film study this week Paladin?

Inquiring minds want to know your thoughts. Last week you did so well with that and all.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

hey, Icky Dicky. Yes , I checked out Wellston and you guys aren't very good . Its no wonder you ran from the SEOAL. 8)

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:I expect Logan will be practicing assignment football this week. As Burke knows, running the Triple has its problems( turnovers, difficult to come back from after you are down) . I wouldn't worry about playoffs, just the game. All kinds of odd things are happening to lots of teams everywhere with playoff projections and there are 3 games to go.
Yes odd things are happening to teams all over. Take Jackson for instance. Suddenly last Friday they went from a "slow downtrodden team" to seemingly quick, fast and strong. :mrgreen:

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Paladin wrote:hey, Icky Dicky. Yes , I checked out Wellston and you guys aren't very good . Its no wonder you ran from the SEOAL. 8)
Well looky there. Old PalaPuff has resorted to name calling. Even after a few of his high school sweethearts swore he would never stoop to such a level. :mrgreen:

Whodey
Freshman Team

Post by Whodey »

Paladin wrote:hey, Icky Dicky. Yes , I checked out Wellston and you guys aren't very good . Its no wonder you ran from the SEOAL. 8)

This thread is about Logan and DeSales, simply wanted to know if you had done any extensive research and film study on the Stallions and if you have made any determinations from this exercise. A lot of folks were impressed with your analysis last week, and to those people it reinforced what they already knew about your qualifications and football acumen.

Wellston leaving the SEOAL 33 years ago isn't what this thread is about.

Interested to here your take on the film, looking forward to your report.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Handy dawn....you do the same along with your twin Grounded Duck.
you might try to be a English teacher but a history teach you are not :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I had to come back because that is funny right there^^^^^^^^^

Return to “Football”