Wellston 48 Piketon 14

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Piketon @ Wellston

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:46 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:59 am
eagles73Taylor wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:48 am

Lets just break this down shall we? Piketon followed the guidelines and procedures set up by the Ohsaa concerning transferring.

No where on the Ohsaa's website under bona fide change of residency does it state you have to live in the new residence a majority of the time! There are multiple steps and rules concerning transferring under a change of residence, and no where does it say that! You are making yourself look very foolish on trying to debate this. Please visit www.ohsaa.org find the eligibility tab and click it then go down one space and click the Transfer Bylaw Resource Center, then go to the left hand side and click on the bona fide change of residence rules and learn.

Unless the administrator of the schools huddle account, many times the AD or head coach makes the video public can video be shared. You cannot just go to www.hudl.com and search for every schools video. You have to log on, meaning, you have to have the proper credentials to look at just YOUR teams video. The other school has to SHARE it with their upcoming opponent, Coach Lucas does not do that!

As for me getting out of my pee wee bubble, LOL!
:lol: :lol: Like I said you'll get there eventually, just have to talk to people is all, well someone who has transferred their child and dealt with administrators on it. Pretty sure they know the process. Then again you only post on Piketon and offer relatively no insight. Most teams have hudl you talk to a team that scrimmaged or played them and if you know the coach he sends you the film, it is incredibly difficult. You went to hudl and tried to search didn't you?? LOL. If you've got any more to add about the game willing to listen for the time being it's like I'm trying to teach an old dog new tricks, you know it can't be done. Good Luck to ya. ;)

The bylaw further defines what it means to be a bona
fide resident of our state. Criteria, including but not limited to 1) where the parents and family members
sleep the majority of the time; 2) where mail is received; 3) where meals are prepared and eaten; 4) where
the parents are registered to vote; and 5) where important family activities take place a significant part of
each day.

So the word majority in number 1 is in your mind, 50 + % of the time? LOL This doesnt mean, live in 2 houses, and spend 50+% in the house you want your kids to go to school and play sports in. It is intended for kids to spend time away for whatever reason like visiting relatives, or spending time at friends houses etc! LOL, I was wondering where you got that majority from. That isnt the intent of the Ohass on majority!
So you proved my point then in criteria #1, thanks. You are the one interpreting the intent by saying this isn't what it means. Pretty cut and dry where parents and family members sleep the majority of the time. I'll be honest didn't even realize it until a parent with a transfer student at another school told me about it. I was pretty surprised really, but now that you put that out there makes sense then. We can't interpret intent of the rule, by that matter how do you think it works when you have 2 house families mom lives in 1 school district dad in another?? Rule 1 covers all of that, thanks for the lookup just goes to show I guess the parent wasn't told wrong. Glad you were able to wrap this up, always makes it easier when someone else proves me right. ;)

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: WK2 0-1 Piketon @ 0-1 Wellston

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Part 5 says significant part of EACH day, not 50+% of the time. The 2 parent rule of divorced parents are covered by 1 parent being assigned the custodial parent, and where they reside determines the home district.

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

I'll take wellston by a touch down

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:03 am Part 5 says significant part of EACH day, not 50+% of the time. The 2 parent rule of divorced parents are covered by 1 parent being assigned the custodial parent, and where they reside determines the home district.
Part 1 says it all, we've already established that, and that's not using interpretation as an outsider sees it. Thanks for taking the time and verifying ;) You should just stick to the game now, think it's already long since settled. Good work

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

My assumptions comes from dealing with the Ohsaa for 9 years in transfers, eligibility etc. Parent owns a house in district A, rents in district B, but doesn’t put other house up for sale or rent, yeah sounds like an ethical thing the Ohsaa stands for. The Ohsaa goes off of what the parents put on the affidavit of change of residence, if the parents mislead the new school and the Ohsaa there are penalties for student, and potentially the school.

I am done with this topic, getting old! Lol

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Just heard no Jv game with Wellston Saturday.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:47 am My assumptions comes from dealing with the Ohsaa for 9 years in transfers, eligibility etc. Parent owns a house in district A, rents in district B, but doesn’t put other house up for sale or rent, yeah sounds like an ethical thing the Ohsaa stands for. The Ohsaa goes off of what the parents put on the affidavit of change of residence, if the parents mislead the new school and the Ohsaa there are penalties for student, and potentially the school.

I am done with this topic, getting old! Lol
Yep got old after point #1 which pointed to exactly what the parent told me, it's all good I'm just glad you got all of that nonsense out of your system. ;)

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Biggest key IMO is how well Piketon's rushing attack can combat the big/physical defensive line of Wellston. Piketon stayed right with Waverly in passing yards but only 40 (ish) rushing yards the whole game.

Either that or just air it out and go past wellston with the Piketon speed.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Bobby k wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:10 pm Biggest key IMO is how well Piketon's rushing attack can combat the big/physical defensive line of Wellston. Piketon stayed right with Waverly in passing yards but only 40 (ish) rushing yards the whole game.

Either that or just air it out and go past wellston with the Piketon speed.
I feel like when we attempted to rush we were successful. Little had 4 carries for around 30 yards but we were just so far behind so fast we didn’t have a choice but to air it out. But Gullion loves to throw the football

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

piketon by 14

Walk by Faith not by sight.
indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I think like NY, this could determine how each teams season go. Win gives you momentum going forward. An L puts you 0-2 and that's when the game starts to get just as much mental as physical.

Hoopsallday
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsallday »

Wellston by 20

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

We will get back on track this week. 35-14

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Weather should be perfect for tomorrow, passing game should be a go for Piketon.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Good luck to Wellston from Raider Country!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
Jeremiah83
Waterboy

Post by Jeremiah83 »

Let's just hope Lucas realizes you can't run the same dive play all night. Wellston would be a very talented team if they spread it out some, get the Molihan, Garvin, and Nick Davis the ball.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the piketon redstreaks.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

GAME DAY

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Go get em Piketon.....

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF