IRONTON/BURG : SEO's POST SEASON STANDARD BEARER'S

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: IRONTON/BURG : SEO's POST SEASON STANDARD BEARER'S

Post by FANOSPORTS »

caliron wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:21 pm One could add add another appearance for Ironton or at least an asterix. Most people forget that the state made (and admitted to) a calculation error in 72/73 which was both the first year of the playoffs and Lutz' first year. As I recall, this let Uniontown Lake into the playoffs when it should have been Ironton. I was on those first 2 Lutz IHS teams.
I think there was a little NEO bias back in the beginning (plus they had a leg up in the venues - aka Akron Rubber Bowl). There were only 12 regions back then with 1-4 AAA, 5-8 AA and 9-12 A. If you look at the OHSAA website for back in 1972, both "AA" Ironton and Lake were in the SE region 7 . What is wierd is that per level 1, 2 and 3 points in the computerized rankings that year neither team finished #1 in the region but another true SEO team did ? It shows that Hannibal River (398) finished #1, Lake (375) #2 and Ironton (374) #3. Hmmm !!!!!

* Uniontown is only 10 miles from Akron. SE district ? ...and they played Akron SVSM !!!!! *

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg and Ironton started playing in the 1982 season and then also played the 1983 season. ironton won both of those. They did not start playing again until the 1994 season. Here is the Burg's all time record by season.

http://www.burgfootball.com/uploads/1/1 ... 0-2019.pdf

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

2 wonderfully successful programs. no team south of Columbus has nearly this level of success these 2 programs have had for such a sustained amount of time.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”