2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

RBH23
SE

Re: 2024 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:00 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:18 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:07 pm It blows my mind how many times I’ve seen this debacle. It’s like watching a dog run and chase it own tail. Who gives a flying if a kid goes to Ironton be thankful we don’t have what WV has which is 10x worse. Teams that are perennial state powers and have won state championships there are getting transfers in. Ironton has a rich tradition, he’ll an NFL HOFer is from Ironton
Agree.

No idea why IHS fans are so defensive about their transfers while constantly focused on where Burg players were born. Last year, they wanted to debate Hutchinson’s current address and where his dad/grandfather went to school. Today, it’s where Matthews started school.

Bottom line is: Pendleton is getting these kids, and he’s smart to do so. Not much more to discuss.
Woodward is getting kids too , he’s just attracting the talent like Pendleton
Who are these kids you speak of? Haven’t seen too many on Burg’s roster.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:15 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:18 pm

Agree.

No idea why IHS fans are so defensive about their transfers while constantly focused on where Burg players were born. Last year, they wanted to debate Hutchinson’s current address and where his dad/grandfather went to school. Today, it’s where Matthews started school.

Bottom line is: Pendleton is getting these kids, and he’s smart to do so. Not much more to discuss.
Just some of the kids Woodward has brought in over the years. Wilson, Lowry , Gregg, Lattimore

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

IrontonTigers#1 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:50 am
RBH23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:00 am
Larry Fine wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:50 am

Why does it bother you so much that players go to Ironton with a goal and then work hard to achieve that goal of continuing their athletic career at the next level ?

You keep mentioning how many D1 players Ironton puts out , like that’s a bad thing.
It doesn’t bother me at all. Players should go to where they want to play and should pursue their goals and dreams. I have never said anything negative about the Ironton players or transfers. And being a ND fan, I will be cheering for Terry’s success at the next level.

What I do find interesting is the lack of expectations from the Ironton faithful given the talent that they have. It’s as if they are afraid to hold Pendleton to a standard.

In his years at IHS, he’s had the best roster in D5 except 1-2 of those years, yet he’s been unable to win the big game. In fact, his teams’ performances are getting worse over time.

Going into 2024, he will have 18 returning starters, over 20 seniors, a tough regular season schedule, and a handful of legit D1 players. If he can’t win a state title with this team, I don’t see him ever winning state.

If 1989 turns out to be Ironton’s last state title, that would be really sad for a once proud program.
I have always been a Ironton Fighting Tigers fan since I was a kid and the reason why a lot of Ironton fans don't show high expectations and talk much about it, is because when they do they usually get called arrogant or other few choice words and i have seen it thats why i dont say much about it. I even refuse To talk about the team I root for which is Ironton because if you do you get talked to like your trash so I don't talk football even with friends when they bring up football in a conversation, I just completely leave the Conversation.
I grew up when Ironton was king of football and Portsmouth was king of basketball; Burg was the smaller school and #2 in both. We all knew back then that Ironton was top dog. Sure, Burg could make it competitive, but Ironton played at a different level.

So what does that mean now? Ironton is top dog again. Maybe not as dominant as they were back in the day, but they still have the best football program. And as such, they should have standards to match. Going into this season, they return lots of starters, a large senior class, and possibly the best player in all of Ohio. Given that, how can the expectations not be a state title?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:25 pm

Just some of the kids Woodward has brought in over the years. Wilson, Lowry , Gregg, Lattimore
Four over seven years? That’s low even by most SOC team standards!

A coach would get canned at IHS for such abysmal numbers!!

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 4:34 pm

Four over seven years? That’s low even by most SOC team standards!

A coach would get canned at IHS for such abysmal numbers!!
Yeah it’s pretty pathetic, waverly also gets quite a few , Ironton is the most desired program right now. Crazy how much it’s changed since Pendleton took over . Y’all were putting running 🕰️ on em.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

:lol:

that was like over a 6 year span bro…lol. I know Gregg been out four years now at least.. he couldnt hack it at Ashland…

…u guys get like four a year…. burg only stole one player from the cats…u guys got like four off of us… with ur garbage college pitch… :lol:

…like i said poser team…. lol 😂…..

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

mustard wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:03 pm

:lol:

that was like over a 6 year span bro…lol. I know Gregg been out four years now at least.. he couldnt hack it at Ashland…

…u guys get like four a year…. burg only stole one player from the cats…u guys got like four off of us… with ur garbage college pitch… :lol:

…like i said poser team…. lol 😂…..
Exactly, Burg will play the dirty transfer game any chance they get , but we are experts at it 🐅

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

This year Ironton only has 1 transfer. Out of the 18 returning starters Ironton will have only 2 that transferred while in HS 9-12th grade. Is the narrative still ironton only wins because of transfers?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:11 am This year Ironton only has 1 transfer. Out of the 18 returning starters Ironton will have only 2 that transferred while in HS 9-12th grade. Is the narrative still ironton only wins because of transfers?
According to some IHS fans on this site, that’s a lot of transfers.

Also, these same IHS fans want you to verify if all these kids started kindergarten at Ironton.

Plus, don’t forget the CB and number of kids that live outside the district. They count as well. Have to verify their addresses according to said IHS fans.

This is the scrutiny they apply to Burg’s team, so I assume they want the same applied to Ironton.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

So you really think Woodward actually called or contacted these individuals and recruited them to Burg???

You are hit in the mouth!!!!

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:53 am
Bfan99 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:11 am This year Ironton only has 1 transfer. Out of the 18 returning starters Ironton will have only 2 that transferred while in HS 9-12th grade. Is the narrative still ironton only wins because of transfers?

Also, these same IHS fans want you to verify if all these kids started kindergarten at Ironton.

Plus, don’t forget the CB and number of kids that live outside the district. They count as well. Have to verify their addresses according to said IHS fans.

This is the scrutiny they apply to Burg’s team, so I assume they want the same applied to Ironton.
Most posters want only that the players on each team attend each school and are eligible under OHSAA rules.

A few Burgites (you included) have been posting on here for a few years about some transfers are transfers and some are recruits. They all have lots of proof but never come around to showing any.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 12:44 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 8:53 am

Most posters want only that the players on each team attend each school and are eligible under OHSAA rules.

A few Burgites (you included) have been posting on here for a few years about some transfers are transfers and some are recruits. They all have lots of proof but never come around to showing any.
I’ve given specifics about what I know. Whether you believe it or not is not my concern or problem. And your call for proof is a joke because no amount of proof, even Pendleton admitting it, would matter.

Example: Pendleton went to Perkins’ basketball games when at Valley and even talked to the kid. It doesn’t take special detective skills to know that he wasn’t there to talk rebounds and assists.

However, if you don’t believe me and truly want to know, reach out to Lattimore and Perkins’s mothers. Also can contact the Arthur family in Burg. Since you don’t believe me, ask them directly.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Perkins doesn’t get half the opportunities he did at Ironton had he stayed at Valley. Same as for lattimore his move from Portsmouth to Burg was beneficial for him and Burg

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:47 pm Perkins doesn’t get half the opportunities he did at Ironton had he stayed at Valley. Same as for lattimore his move from Portsmouth to Burg was beneficial for him and Burg
Perkins was all state as a sophomore at Valley. Very good chance he ends up at a school like Marshall even if he stayed at Valley.

Portsmouth has produced more D1 football and basketball players than Burg. His high school experience may have been better being on winning teams at Burg, but it is very possible to get recruited out of Portsmouth.

Recent football player from the area with the most college football success? Cain Madden from Minford!

Have talent and a strong work ethic? One can have success in college regardless of high school attended.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

RBH23 wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:00 pm
Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:47 pm Perkins doesn’t get half the opportunities he did at Ironton had he stayed at Valley. Same as for lattimore his move from Portsmouth to Burg was beneficial for him and Burg
Perkins was all state as a sophomore at Valley. Very good chance he ends up at a school like Marshall even if he stayed at Valley.

Portsmouth has produced more D1 football and basketball players than Burg. His high school experience may have been better being on winning teams at Burg, but it is very possible to get recruited out of Portsmouth.

Recent football player from the area with the most college football success? Cain Madden from Minford!

Have talent and a strong work ethic? One can have success in college regardless of high school attended.

Not sure if Perkins necessarily gets the accolades and stats had he stayed at valley. While he may have been an all stater as a sophomore Valley went on to go 4-7 and 3-8 when he left. He plays receiver and not quarterback so he wouldn’t have helped them gain that many wins when he’s the focal point and teams want to take him away.
Also as like to point out the competition Valley was playing against was not like that of what Ironton was going against.

For Lattimore, Portsmouth’s offense was an unknown on how they would do. we end up seeing they did fairly well but Burg has always had a good offensive system as of lately and knows who to get the ball to and how to do it so he was able to flourish.

I believe these are 2 instances where the kids transferred for reason or the other and it was the beneficial move for them and the schools they went to

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:31 pm

Not sure if Perkins necessarily gets the accolades and stats had he stayed at valley. While he may have been an all stater as a sophomore Valley went on to go 4-7 and 3-8 when he left. He plays receiver and not quarterback so he wouldn’t have helped them gain that many wins when he’s the focal point and teams want to take him away.
Also as like to point out the competition Valley was playing against was not like that of what Ironton was going against.

For Lattimore, Portsmouth’s offense was an unknown on how they would do. we end up seeing they did fairly well but Burg has always had a good offensive system as of lately and knows who to get the ball to and how to do it so he was able to flourish.

I believe these are 2 instances where the kids transferred for reason or the other and it was the beneficial move for them and the schools they went to

You do know that lattimore was kicked off the team at Portsmouth his Junior year so pretty sure he wasn't playing for the Trojans his Senior year. Pendleton called his Mom but his Mom wanted him closer to home so she called Coach Woodward at Burg and he took him on but I'm sure with some different guidelines for him knowing his history. Other than the Portsmouth game, which was to be expected never saw the kid get mouthy with anyone. I think it worked out well for all involved

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:49 pm

You do know that lattimore was kicked off the team at Portsmouth his Junior year so pretty sure he wasn't playing for the Trojans his Senior year. Pendleton called his Mom but his Mom wanted him closer to home so she called Coach Woodward at Burg and he took him on but I'm sure with some different guidelines for him knowing his history. Other than the Portsmouth game, which was to be expected never saw the kid get mouthy with anyone. I think it worked out well for all involved
His mom talked to Woodward before he was enrolled about playing at Wheelersburg? That’s a violation.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Wow! Good to see the Burgites finally admit they recruit. Come on down to a Tiger Clan meeting if you want to get into the real estate game as well.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 2:49 pm

Yes I am well versed in the young man’s situation however he’s still a transfer no matter how you slice it up. Perkins was for playing better competition and to be on a better team while Lattimores was for a better environment he just happened to be a very good player

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:38 pm Wow! Good to see the Burgites finally admit they recruit. Come on down to a Tiger Clan meeting if you want to get into the real estate game as well.
Reading comprehension fails again.

She CALLED him, versus Pendleton calling her!

Then she met with the school superintendent. Was asked if anyone from Burg contacted her first. She said no but did say that she was contacted by Pendleton.

I know it drives you nuts that Burg doesn’t play these games yet still plays winning football. Very foreign to some of you IHS folks :)

Return to “Football”