2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: 2024 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Paulcrew »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:29 am
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:54 am Bluntly speaking, if anyone other than Rucker seeing regular snaps at QB for Burg this season, 5-5 is squarely on the table.

yabba: heard there was a lot more to the Sanderlin transfer than just sports. As RBH said, Burg is a tight-knit community and not for everyone. Ironton is a much more transfer-friendly environment for outsiders.*
Word is that Rucker is committed to football and ready to go for ‘24. Will be the starting QB.
who will be the new athletic director at Wheelersburg now their old one is the new principal at Green?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:16 am
art_vandelay wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:54 am Bluntly speaking, if anyone other than Rucker seeing regular snaps at QB for Burg this season, 5-5 is squarely on the table.

yabba: heard there was a lot more to the Sanderlin transfer than just sports. As RBH said, Burg is a tight-knit community and not for everyone. Ironton is a much more transfer-friendly environment for outsiders.*
Word is that Rucker is committed to football and ready to go for ‘24. Will be the starting QB.
who will be the new athletic director at Wheelersburg now their old one is the new principal at Green?

Going to be interesting to see who gets that.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I'm hearing also that three boys left for Portsmouth.

Anyone know who that was?

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

This is a blow to The Burg’s ego.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:02 pm This is a blow to The Burg’s ego.
What is? These transfers?

If you think that, you truly do not understand Wheelersburg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I've talked to a few of the players recently and they gave me the impression that they have kind of quit on the coaches. was told not many players were upset with the season ending loss last yr. explains a lot about their performance in that game. I have no idea what you do as a staff when kids arent enjoying football to the point they are leaving

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:10 pm I've talked to a few of the players recently and they gave me the impression that they have kind of quit on the coaches. was told not many players were upset with the season ending loss last yr. explains a lot about their performance in that game. I have no idea what you do as a staff when kids arent enjoying football to the point they are leaving
The team still made the regional finals last year, so they didn’t completely give up.

That said, let’s see how they perform this year. Kids can say one thing but then still perform. This happened back in my day as well. Many coaches we didn’t like, hated playing for etc. yet still had success on the field, court, etc.

Plus, the rumors on this site get crazy. Example: some on this site had Rucker not even playing, yet find out the truth that he’s not only playing but excited about the upcoming season. Another example: according to this site, the Lattimore brothers were transferring to Ironton every single year. Why? Unhappy with the coaches.

And if I had a nickel for every kid that said “no way am I playing next year” or “this is the end of Wheelersburg’s dominance in football”, I’d be Elon Musk rich!

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:21 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:10 pm I've talked to a few of the players recently and they gave me the impression that they have kind of quit on the coaches. was told not many players were upset with the season ending loss last yr. explains a lot about their performance in that game. I have no idea what you do as a staff when kids arent enjoying football to the point they are leaving
The team still made the regional finals last year, so they didn’t completely give up.

That said, let’s see how they perform this year. Kids can say one thing but then still perform. This happened back in my day as well. Many coaches we didn’t like, hated playing for etc. yet still had success on the field, court, etc.

Plus, the rumors on this site get crazy. Example: some on this site had Rucker not even playing, yet find out the truth that he’s not only playing but excited about the upcoming season. Another example: according to this site, the Lattimore brothers were transferring to Ironton every single year. Why? Unhappy with the coaches.

And if I had a nickel for every kid that said “no way am I playing next year” or “this is the end of Wheelersburg’s dominance in football”, I’d be Elon Musk rich!
Kids are leaving though, that’s odd.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:27 pm

not just leaving, leaving for freaking green. thats like leaving the reds for the chillicothe paints

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Rumors flying for sure. This kind of smoke means there’s fire somewhere. Also hearing there’s more possibly moving including their best athletes.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Kids have always left. Ironton fans just never noticed. Too busy talking about the one incoming transfer that drops in once every two years!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

fbnut wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:31 pm

not just leaving, leaving for freaking green. thats like leaving the reds for the chillicothe paints
Sounds like Cunningham is headed to SW? They don’t have football.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

XandOs wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:57 pm Rumors flying for sure. This kind of smoke means there’s fire somewhere. Also hearing there’s more possibly moving including their best athletes.
Poor Burg won’t be able to field a team. If Ironton doesn’t win by 50, what will that say about their program given how depleted Burg will be?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:59 pm
fbnut wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:31 pm

Sounds like Cunningham is headed to SW? They don’t have football.
after football season

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

RBH23 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:00 pm
XandOs wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:57 pm Rumors flying for sure. This kind of smoke means there’s fire somewhere. Also hearing there’s more possibly moving including their best athletes.
Poor Burg won’t be able to field a team. If Ironton doesn’t win by 50, what will that say about their program given how depleted Burg will be?
Tbh it just kinda sounds like what I have been saying for awhile now.

Ironton football staff [ program) = young, ambitous and hungry.
Burg football staff seems old. Washed. Antiquated. They hit their ceiling as a program.

Fighting Tigers might just put up a running clock at the ed week 1.

Might be approaching a period of changes for burg football.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:08 am

If woodard gets his boots smoked by Pendleton again will the new AD pull the trigger and begin the trasition period that is swiftly approaching for the old and rapidly getting older burg staff?

Maybe a change is best.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:09 am I'm hearing also that three boys left for Portsmouth.

Anyone know who that was?
Interesting, hadn’t heard this but I mean I can’t say I’d be upset. Lol

Who Dey!
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:25 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:08 am

If woodard gets his boots smoked by Pendleton again will the new AD pull the trigger and begin the trasition period that is swiftly approaching for the old and rapidly getting older burg staff?

Maybe a change is best.

Anything possible but I look for the new AD to be an in house guy so probably wouldn't make that big of a move in his first year.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Tri_State79 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:21 pm
RBH23 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:00 pm
Tbh it just kinda sounds like what I have been saying for awhile now.

Ironton football staff [ program) = young, ambitous and hungry.
Burg football staff seems old. Washed. Antiquated. They hit their ceiling as a program.

Fighting Tigers might just put up a running clock at the ed week 1.

Might be approaching a period of changes for burg football.
Doubt Woodward is going to be moved out.

That said, I am willing to wager on your prediction of Burg going 5-5. Also willing to accept +30 for poor, lowly Burg against the mighty Tigers and their young, ambitious coaches/players.

Let’s do this!

RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Burg will be fine in 2024. I’d like to see an 9-1 year. I think seven and three is a real good possibility

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein

Return to “Football”