WK 1: Barnesville @ Fort Frye

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 1: Barnesville @ Fort Frye

Post by EasternDspy »

Barnesville coming off a 12-1 season. They didn’t even have a close reg season game. They lost in regional semis 26-13 to Wheelersburg.

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

This could be the 'game of the century' but I'll settle for best game in the East District in week 1.
Solid coaching staffs and some athletes on both sides capable of playing at the next level.
Can't pick a winner here, but go see this one if you want entertainment.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The kid that moved in from TV Kainan Bradford is going to make an impact most likely at Qb.

West Rowan Falcons
Freshman Team

Post by West Rowan Falcons »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:05 pm The kid that moved in from TV Kainan Bradford is going to make an impact most likely at Qb.
Agree on that. Saw on other sites he's 6'4, 185 and a special player. Also one of East District's best in baseball.
Fort Frye no doubt gets a great transfer from Tusky Valley.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

West Rowan Falcons wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:37 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:05 pm The kid that moved in from TV Kainan Bradford is going to make an impact most likely at Qb.
Agree on that. Saw on other sites he's 6'4, 185 and a special player. Also one of East District's best in baseball.
Fort Frye no doubt gets a great transfer from Tusky Valley.
More like 200-210 now. He’s staring on the Beverly Lowell legion team.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Kainan is an absolute unit.
Attachments
IMG_8198.jpeg
IMG_8204.jpeg

OldskoolWarrior
Riding the Bench

Post by OldskoolWarrior »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:32 pm Kainan is an absolute unit.
Warren gonna make that unit beg for mercy this season.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:49 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:32 pm Kainan is an absolute unit.
Warren gonna make that unit beg for mercy this season.
Basketball?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I’ll be interested in seeing if having Bradford at QB will change their offense at all. Could see them potentially throwing it a little bit more than usual. He’s an impressive baseball player for sure.

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

beg003 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:44 am I’ll be interested in seeing if having Bradford at QB will change their offense at all. Could see them potentially throwing it a little bit more than usual. He’s an impressive baseball player for sure.
Wondering the same thing to an extent. When they have had a QB with a capable arm and solid athletes around him they have shown a willingness to throw the football more than normal. I seem to remember Ian Ellis throwing for ~1500 yards one of his final years as a starter (I could be totally wrong on this).

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

beg003 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 10:44 am I’ll be interested in seeing if having Bradford at QB will change their offense at all. Could see them potentially throwing it a little bit more than usual. He’s an impressive baseball player for sure.
Grady Hesson who will be sophomore returns at Wr. He is a very quick route runner with good hands. He’s playing on the legion team at 15.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 12:22 pm
Wondering the same thing to an extent. When they have had a QB with a capable arm and solid athletes around him they have shown a willingness to throw the football more than normal. I seem to remember Ian Ellis throwing for ~1500 yards one of his final years as a starter (I could be totally wrong on this).
They’ve usually had a good tight end when this is the case considering a lot of their passing game seems to revolve around booting out and looking for a TE on a drag route. I’m not sure what they have at that position this year. Hesson is a nice receiver, just a little on the small side. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they air it out a little more, especially in league games where your opponent is going to know your tendencies a little better. Not saying their identity will change at all - you’re still going to get the Wing T - but it’s not unreasonable to think there’d be some wrinkle in the passing game.

OhioSportsGuyMike
Waterboy

Post by OhioSportsGuyMike »

Saw him play legion ball over the weekend and if I was Huck I would put him on the line vs QB. He is a big boy and definitely going to help FF out wherever he ends up. The talk in the crowd is he is a real good kid and keeps his head down and does what he is told.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Last year the Cadets were rebuilding and went 11-3 lost to West Jefferson in regional semi. Lost 48-31 but still ran for over 300 missing star player Clayton Miller.

Return to “Football”