D5 R19

TigerBlood00
Freshman Team

D5 R19

Post by TigerBlood00 »

An Early look at the contenders in Division 5, Region 19
https://www.tristatesportspage.com/post ... -region-19

"For all intent and purposes, this region is Ironton's to lose in 2024. Not only do the Fighting Tigers return possibly the largest contingent of starters on both sides of the ball, but they also have a long list of athletes with potential scholarship offers that rivals most all D-1 and D-2 rosters in the state of Ohio."

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: D5 R19

Post by wobycat »

Article seems written with very little analysis. At least on the Burg side. Gavian Vaughters does not exist. There is a vaughters but I doubt he will ever be on the line. If he does, burg may struggle considering he may be a 130 pounds soaking wet.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Barnesville is the team to be weary of. Coaching staff up there is fantastic and they have pieces. Could play spoiler somewhere

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:11 pm Article seems written with very little analysis. At least on the Burg side. Gavian Vaughters does not exist. There is a vaughters but I doubt he will ever be on the line. If he does, burg may struggle considering he may be a 130 pounds soaking wet.
I remember a kid playing for Ashland, he wasn’t 130 lbs soak and wet. He played NG and was in on just about every play, very impressive.

TigerBlood00
Freshman Team

Post by TigerBlood00 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:15 pm Barnesville is the team to be weary of. Coaching staff up there is fantastic and they have pieces. Could play spoiler somewhere
Probably will eliminate 5 and 5 burg early on.

TigerBlood00
Freshman Team

Post by TigerBlood00 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:15 pm Barnesville is the team to be weary of. Coaching staff up there is fantastic and they have pieces. Could play spoiler somewhere
Word is burg has a ton of uncertainty.

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Barnesville should be very good. Saw them play last year and they return some very good pieces.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 10:11 pm Article seems written with very little analysis. At least on the Burg side. Gavian Vaughters does not exist. There is a vaughters but I doubt he will ever be on the line. If he does, burg may struggle considering he may be a 130 pounds soaking wet.
It’s been corrected. They seem a bit touchy about you pointing out there screwup though :D

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

fbnut wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:21 pm
It’s been corrected. They seem a bit touchy about you pointing out there screwup though :D
It’s pretty clear why this article was written. At least do the homework.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

I like how they turned the comments off too. Lol

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:33 pm
fbnut wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:21 pm
It’s pretty clear why this article was written. At least do the homework.
The analysis was definitely lacking.

Allow me to sum this up:
- The article was right about Ironton being the favorite to win the region. That is spot on.
- HP is the other team that has a shot winning the region. This will most likely be Ironton’s greatest competition.
- Burg can pull an upset but this will depend greatly on how well Rucker and the O progress this year. Burg is a distant third on this list.

- As for Fairland, Nelsonville, and Barnesville…. All three are really good teams. Problem they have is with depth and defense. HP, IHS, and Burg will be able to run against them, and in turn, wear them out; Burg did this last year against Barnesville. That said, any of these three winning the region would be a major upset.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Judging by what we seen last year and I think HP is returning a solid foundation not to mention the players I'm sure they've brought in it's the other way around Ironton is probably the biggest threat to HP in this region. Especially since HP is the region champ it runs through them. Burg's big 8th grade group they had few years back will be juniors this year so they're really going to start pushing teams this upcoming season I believe. For now I have to rank it HP--Ironton--Burg in that order of who takes this region.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Don’t think Portsmouth wins the region, but definitely think they could walk away with 8 or 9 wins. Lost 5 kids from last season I believe. Return Heiland who I think will even better this year than last year. Most of the OL returns, young at QB but expect them to throw the ball even better. Few new kids moved in, few freshmen I think might see some minutes. I’d have Portsmouth above Fairland without a doubt. They should’ve beat Fairland in the regular season, knocked Fairland out of the playoffs, and Fairland lost some key pieces. Not much thought and analysis in this article imo. Just basing it off of last years record is silly.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Couldn’t remember the name of the young man until I read it in this article. But Kenyon Evans should be an explosive player maker this season. He was great alongside Lattimore hopefully he has continued to improve

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
TigerBlood00
Freshman Team

Post by TigerBlood00 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:23 pm Don’t think Portsmouth wins the region, but definitely think they could walk away with 8 or 9 wins. Lost 5 kids from last season I believe. Return Heiland who I think will even better this year than last year. Most of the OL returns, young at QB but expect them to throw the ball even better. Few new kids moved in, few freshmen I think might see some minutes. I’d have Portsmouth above Fairland without a doubt. They should’ve beat Fairland in the regular season, knocked Fairland out of the playoffs, and Fairland lost some key pieces. Not much thought and analysis in this article imo. Just basing it off of last years record is silly.
Could this seasons Trojans give this seasons Wheelersburg some issues? Hypothetically?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBlood00 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:29 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:23 pm Don’t think Portsmouth wins the region, but definitely think they could walk away with 8 or 9 wins. Lost 5 kids from last season I believe. Return Heiland who I think will even better this year than last year. Most of the OL returns, young at QB but expect them to throw the ball even better. Few new kids moved in, few freshmen I think might see some minutes. I’d have Portsmouth above Fairland without a doubt. They should’ve beat Fairland in the regular season, knocked Fairland out of the playoffs, and Fairland lost some key pieces. Not much thought and analysis in this article imo. Just basing it off of last years record is silly.
Could this seasons Trojans give this seasons Wheelersburg some issues? Hypothetically?
Burg would be a massive favorite in that game.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:50 pm
Lol not sure about massive. Burg lost a lot, I’d say they got worse. Portsmouth brought a ton back, I think they got better with a few additions as well. I think it would be a lot more competitive than the playoff game.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:09 pm

Lol not sure about massive. Burg lost a lot, I’d say they got worse. Portsmouth brought a ton back, I think they got better with a few additions as well. I think it would be a lot more competitive than the playoff game.
Coaches at Burg expect the team to be better this year, for what it’s worth.

Burg’s junior class is really talented with many playing as sophomores last year. They may not match up well with this year’s IHS team, but this is not a bad Burg team in 2024. They’ll have an experienced QB, some good receivers and backs, and a good OL.

Larry Fine
JV Team

Post by Larry Fine »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:28 pm

Burg’s junior class is really talented with many playing as sophomores last year. They may not match up well with this year’s IHS team, but this is not a bad Burg team in 2024. They’ll have an experienced QB, some good receivers and backs, and a good OL.
No excuses

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:02 pm
RBH23 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:28 pm

No excuses
That was a brilliant comment. Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation. 🤦‍♂️

Return to “Football”