Ironton 0 VS JONATHAN ALDER 17 - 9/30 - FINAL

philthyphil
Varsity

Re: IRONTON VS JONATHAN ALDER - 9/30 - UPDATES

Post by philthyphil »

tk421 wrote:Pretty bad game for the 3rd week in a row for the Tigers. This just isn't a very good team this year. Defense not very good, blocking sucks, can't pass without getting sacked, just not very good.

I see 5-5 for the year.

tk421
Varsity

Re: Ironton 0 VS JONATHAN ALDER 17 - 9/30 - FINAL

Post by tk421 »

philthyphil wrote:According to WIRO, Alder had 302 yards of total offense with 299 on the ground and Ironton had 52 yards of total offense. Alder's back had 166.
I don't care who you are playing, 52 total yards of offense is pathetic. We couldn't block the Ironton Bills, it's so bad.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Who Dey!

98jettakeoff
Waterboy

Post by 98jettakeoff »

As pointed out earlier, it doesn't get any easier. Jackson hung at least 56 on Portsmouth
tonight. They'll be sky high and rolling when they hit The Tank next week. Confidence
and offense in great demand in Tiger town right now!

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I will say it again the Ironton schedule could help or hurt them badly.

I will add not being able to block or tackle is partly due to the decline of the weight prorgam.

Ironton needs to change what they do in the weight room ASAP or it will get worse.

Ironton is big up front but not football quick and strong.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

C'mon ironton fans. Get behind your tigers. This ain't no time to be bailing out on them. They are working hard and have lost a couple of games to a couple of pretty darned good teams. It happens from time to time but certainly is no reason to quit on them.
I look for them to give jackson all they can handle and more than likely beat them but probably not if everybody gets down on them and they get their dabber down.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS !!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironton will be alright. Alder is a helluva team and Ironton don't mind playing the good teams year after year. Maybe some of these powerhouse 6-0 teams now around SEO that schedule cupcakes every year should try to schedule the Alders, Hartley's, DeSales and so on to find out how easy it is to beat these teams. Ironton has done it for years and they have my total respect.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

BigOrangeOne wrote:C'mon ironton fans. Get behind your tigers. This ain't no time to be bailing out on them. They are working hard and have lost a couple of games to a couple of pretty darned good teams. It happens from time to time but certainly is no reason to quit on them.
I look for them to give jackson all they can handle and more than likely beat them but probably not if everybody gets down on them and they get their dabber down.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS !!!!
nice post........the old timers are still out here, we havent bailed and wont........

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

TigerTownTurkey wrote:
BigOrangeOne wrote:C'mon ironton fans. Get behind your tigers. This ain't no time to be bailing out on them. They are working hard and have lost a couple of games to a couple of pretty darned good teams. It happens from time to time but certainly is no reason to quit on them.

GO FIGHTING TIGERS !!!!
nice post........the old timers are still out here, we havent bailed and wont........
I KNOW you won't give up on them.... OR an excuse for a Friday night PBR run..... :lol:

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

I was at the game last night. The troubling thing for me is that the Tigers kinda quit at the end of the game? Particularly in the second half. I have not seen that from Coach Lutz team maybe ever.

That being said, this is not the team that Ironton had the last two years. They are not as talented and just dont play as hard.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well i gotta say i'm very proud of the tiger's efforts last night. and i was there. and it was a mess, both teams looked like they had the same playbook. running up the middle all night. very bad footing to even try to get outside. wcich very much hinders a playbook. there is a reason jonathon alder is ranked where they are. and the whole second half they dominated the line of scrimmage. on both sides of the ball. i do not understand why we don't tackle a bit lower. you can't drag a pile, if someone has your ankles pulled together.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

though both teams played in the same mess. that is a perfect example, of why i want turf. the elements were really bad last night for anything more last night than running up the middle, and virtually eliminated a speed game, or passing game for either team.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton will rebound and get their act together and set the ship strait.
They lost to 2 good and talented teams if these we're bad teams they lost to I would be worried but they wasn't.
yes we still have 2 tough teams and a large school and Portsmouth to but Ironton will be ok and get back the MOJO they are missing.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i agree, and though losses like this are hard , they still pay dividends. i would not expect schools without ironton's playoff appearaNCES TO UNDERSTAND THIS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

sorry, chubby fingers, lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

they make it dang near every year. and this year won't be an exception.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

From the Ironton Tribune:
http://www.irontontribune.com/2011/10/0 ... roundup-2/
By JIM WALKER

Tribune Sports Editor

Jonathan Alder 17, Ironton 0

PLAIN CITY — The Jonathan Alder Pioneers overcame the mud, rain and Ironton defense to score two third quarter touchdowns and post a 17-0 win on Friday.

Derritt Potts ran 22 times for 177 yards and both scores to lead Alder (6-0). Potts had just 32 yards at the half.

Potts went 13 yards to cap a 49-yard, 9-play drive to start the second half and snap a scoreless tie. The drive was set up by Nick Squires’ 31-yard kickoff return to the Ironton 49.

Ironton (4-2) used a kickoff return by Dion Brown to reach the Alder 47, but the drive quickly stalled and were forced to punt.

Alder (6-0) got the ball at its own 14 and it took just three plays to score as Potts broke free on a 65-yard run and it was 14-0 with 4:38 on the clock.

Patrick Lewis ran back the kickoff to the Pioneers’ 30 and the Fighting Tigers got to the 20 three plays later. But quarterback Tyler Kratzenberg had the ball slip out of his hand trying to pass and and Alder recovered to end the threat.Smith kicked a 32-yard field goal with 7:45 to play to cap the scoring.

In the first half, the Fighting Tigers moved from their own 46 to the Alder 31, but a holding penalty one a second and 7 forced a third down pass and Kratzenberg slipped and fell for a 6-yard loss

Return to “Football”