Screwin the OHSAA

sprinter14
Varsity

Screwin the OHSAA

Post by sprinter14 »

Last year, a friend and I attended multiple playoff games. We noticed that tickets to a Friday night D-III game looked just like a Saturday ticket to a D-IV game.

And tickets to the Regional semi one week looked like tickets to the regional final the next week. Tickets changed though from district to regional and regional to state.

My question is this, I want to attend multiple games. I would LOVE to buy tickets from a local school who made the playoffs (Adena) so some school can get half my money instead of OHSAA taking all of it.

Does anyone know if there IS indeed a ticket difference???? and for what games they will or will not work?

boogerred
All State

Re: Screwin the OHSAA

Post by boogerred »

I dont know about ticket differences, but I was told a school gets $1.20 out of each $7 presale ticket

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

You can go to the oshaa website for all pricing. That is correct about the $1.20 for the presale tickets.
You think football is bad, the district wrestling will break a family if you want to watch every session. They clear the gym after each round and charge to get back in for the next round. I think for one day (4 rounds I believe) it cost over $35 a person. And that doesn't even count day two! :aaaaa18

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

The southeast district board does better by schools than the ohsaa. In 08 when Piketon made that final four run in boys bball the school received 25% of each ticket sold in the sectionals and district. At regionals and state, they only made 15% from the ohsaa/

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

The state is screwing all the schools! $9 to get in is rediculous and the school only gets a dolloar or two at the most from it if it is a pre sale ticket only. Every high school should do whatever they can to get as much money out of the state as possible. They should sell tickets under the table if necessary!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

eagles73 wrote:The southeast district board does better by schools than the ohsaa. In 08 when Piketon made that final four run in boys bball the school received 25% of each ticket sold in the sectionals and district. At regionals and state, they only made 15% from the ohsaa/
SE District has nothing to do with the Football.

As for keeping the tickets the same, the OHSAA has a no re-admittance policy that should be followed, this would not allow for admission on a torn stub.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Pol Pot, I don't believe you followed what I was asking.

I am not trying to get in for free on night #2 with a used ticket.

I am wanting to buy my tickets for Friday at Adena to help their school. Being that it isn't feasible to drive to Ironton or Amanda to buy a Saturday ticket, I would prefer to buy extra tickets at Adena, then use them at the Ironton/Amanda game.

The point here is to help a school (any school really) rather than to give all my money to OHSAA and have to stand in line to do it.

Here's an idea, school's need to bring their roll of tickets to the games, then stand outside in the parking lot selling more "pre-sale" tickets so they can keep more money!! I'd buy off a school at every game I attend.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

sprinter14 wrote:Pol Pot, I don't believe you followed what I was asking.

I am not trying to get in for free on night #2 with a used ticket.

I am wanting to buy my tickets for Friday at Adena to help their school. Being that it isn't feasible to drive to Ironton or Amanda to buy a Saturday ticket, I would prefer to buy extra tickets at Adena, then use them at the Ironton/Amanda game.

The point here is to help a school (any school really) rather than to give all my money to OHSAA and have to stand in line to do it.

Here's an idea, school's need to bring their roll of tickets to the games, then stand outside in the parking lot selling more "pre-sale" tickets so they can keep more money!! I'd buy off a school at every game I attend.
I agree with you 100%!!

Buckeye-4-Life
JV Team

Post by Buckeye-4-Life »

I agree as well!! The OHSAA is a joke when it comes to compensating the schools inevery post season game! And they claim they have no money! Whatever!?!?!?

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Schools are compensated, they receive a solid fee for transportation based on number of miles traveled for both the team and cheerleaders, they are compensated for meals for team and an appropriate number of staff and they receive monies for the tickets they sell.

And how would think it would be fair to go to Adena and purchase a ticket for the Ironton play-off game? Why should Adena profit for a game they are not even in?

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

At least they get some money. I know a couple states where the state takes all of the money. The only thing the school keeps is concessions. Everyone has to pay to get into the games too, even the ones who work the board, announce, chains, work concessions, parking, etc.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Pol Pot wrote:Schools are compensated, they receive a solid fee for transportation based on number of miles traveled for both the team and cheerleaders, they are compensated for meals for team and an appropriate number of staff and they receive monies for the tickets they sell.

And how would think it would be fair to go to Adena and purchase a ticket for the Ironton play-off game? Why should Adena profit for a game they are not even in?
I think the main point is that he would prefer any school receive proceeds from his purchased ticket rather than all proceeds go to the state, involving a game he wishes to attend that is not close enough to be able to purchase a presale ticket from that particular school. At least that is the way I took it. I could easily be wrong though...my wife tells me I'm wrong all the time :lol:

Runner
SEO

Post by Runner »

Round 1 games around here are OHSAA issued tickets. Not the ones issued by the schools.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

If I understand what sprinter is asking, I was wondering the same thing. Can I go to westfall and buy enough tickets so I can attend Adenas game on Friday night and then westfalls game on saturday?

If not messge me sprinter, don't know what saturday game you were gonna go to but I would like ya to get me a ticket for fridays game, and if westfall is your sat. game Ill pick ya up a ticket

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Mustang Mom, I hate to tell you that I was planning to go to the Ironton/Amanda game on Saturday. I will PM you with a plan.

As for tickets, I can tell you what got this started. My buddy bought tickets for us at Bob Linn Sporting Goods in Ironton. The next week, he got us more tickets. The tickets were EXACTLY the same and even appeared to be off the same roll as the week before.

That's when we got to paying attention and we also got a ticket to the Oak Hill game in Columbus and that ticket looked a lot like the tickets to the Ironton game.

I think it can be done. As for Pol Pot asking why it is fair for me to buy tickets at Adena and them profit. Well, they made the playoffs didn't they? They earned it. The whole reason why I titled the thread "screwin the OHSAA" ......... and I think most people are on my side on this issue.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Jesco White wrote:
Pol Pot wrote:Schools are compensated, they receive a solid fee for transportation based on number of miles traveled for both the team and cheerleaders, they are compensated for meals for team and an appropriate number of staff and they receive monies for the tickets they sell.

I think the main point is that he would prefer any school receive proceeds from his purchased ticket rather than all proceeds go to the state, involving a game he wishes to attend that is not close enough to be able to purchase a presale ticket from that particular school. At least that is the way I took it. I could easily be wrong though...my wife tells me I'm wrong all the time :lol:
I didn't think Jesco White would take that attitude from any woman. Wife or not. :122245

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Some people will do anything to save a buck, in your own words this thread is "screwing". What you are doing by definition is theft.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Raiderball wrote:
Jesco White wrote:

I didn't think Jesco White would take that attitude from any woman. Wife or not. :122245
You're exactly right, Raiderball, the real Jesco would never tolerate that!! :lol: :lol:

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

All I can say is that I agree with Sprinter as far as the schools should get the bulk of the ticket sales not OSHAA. Go to the OSHAA website and read the playoff stats state wide and see how many games are played and the average attendance state wide. Thats ALOT of money going straight to OSHAA. What exactly does that amount of money go towards?
Just some questions that need to be asked. The schools are charging to participate in some cases and are relying on booster organizations to cloth the kids in some cases.
I guess that I just believe that there are good organizations like OSHAA that are needed but sometimes they out grow themselves and loose track of the big picture.

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

Pol Pot, this isn't about saving a buck. I have to drive from south of Chillicothe to Adena High School and spend $10 or $12 in gas. I'm buying a grand total of 4 tickets (2 Friday-2 Saturday) so I guess I am saving $8 but spending $10 or $12 to do it.

It's about principles and getting your priorities in line. I'm choosing to allocate MY money where I see fit. As for it being "theft" well, looks to me like the OHSAA needs to get their s**t together and build a better system to thwart people like me who are trying to HELP a school.

Return to “Football”