Semper Fidelis All American Game

C-Bolt
SEOP

Re: Semper Fidelis All American Game

Post by C-Bolt »

I was thinking the same thing,maybe they looked at the size of schools he played against,most them players probably play some pretty big schools in high school.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Rivals is looking at the competitive level that the players went up against....... not the size of the schools. Many small schools who are very dominate on the field...... Ursuline, Mooney, Coldwater, Minster, etc. You will find the small but tough school thing in other states as well as monster sized schools ( especially Texas, Cal. & Fla.) with murderous players and Rivals as an organization who follows and scouts players knows all about who is tough and who is weak. What do you think they REALLY thought looking at Athens playing Vinton Co., N-Y , Meigs, etc. ?

LOL !

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Paldi some of them teams you mention Ursuline and Mooney esp. are known play a lot of bigger schools than them just because some of the the smaller schools public their size up there around NEO won't play them,and I don't blame them.
Last edited by C-Bolt on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:He looks like he needs some weight work.
Yep, lots of it. He definitely will be introduced to the OSU weight room and nutrition coaches.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

93Bulldog wrote:Steubenville, Zanesville, Granville, Tri Valley, Columbus DeSales, Akron Saint Vincent Saint Mary, Toledo Central Catholic.

Nuff said.
Agree.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

93Bulldog wrote:Steubenville, Zanesville, Granville, Tri Valley, Columbus DeSales, Akron Saint Vincent Saint Mary, Toledo Central Catholic.

Nuff said.
Aagreed but the rest of Athens schedule and including Zanesville and maybe Grandville and to some extended even DeSales were weak this year. But in the end they did compete with the big boy's. But as moonshine say's this is 2015

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Here's my question, how many players from Logan have been voted as player of the year in Ohio or Gatorade player of the year? How many quarterbacks from Logan have played at Ohio State? How many Logan teams have played for a state Championship? Weak schedule or not, the young man is doing something very few players from this area will ever do; play at Ohio State and probably play significant time by the time he's a junior and senior. You can rip on him all you wamt but, he is arguably the greatest player SE Ohio will ever have. That's a lot better than Logan going 10-0 and making a first round exit, which has happened numerous times in the past.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Here's my question, how many players from Logan have been voted as player of the year in Ohio or Gatorade player of the year? How many quarterbacks from Logan have played at Ohio State? How many Logan teams have played for a state Championship? Weak schedule or not, the young man is doing something very few players from this area will ever do; play at Ohio State and probably play significant time by the time he's a junior and senior. You can rip on him all you wamt but, he is arguably the greatest player SE Ohio will ever have. That's a lot better than Logan going 10-0 and making a first round exit, which has happened numerous times in the past.
Man Get a life That was not a shot! Snow days! what a great day to express opinions!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONE OF A KIND
Varsity

Post by ONE OF A KIND »

Face it guys, Paladipuss is a deush bag. He is jealous of Athens, as some other Logan people are. He is also irate that Athens left the SEOAL, which was the beginning of the demise of the conference. He knows that once Athens left the rest of the schools would either run from the league, or run it into the ground. Which is what happened. They needed the leadership of Athens to survive, and crumbled without it. But most importantly to him, his beloved Chieftains will now either have to run from competition and try to join a small school league, or step up in competition and get housed in a Central Ohio league. So he will always take every opportunity to slam Athens, and all other TVC schools. He is not only a deush bag but also an idiot. :mrgreen:

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Ground Buck wrote:Face it guys, Paladipuss is a deush bag. He is jealous of Athens, as some other Logan people are. He is also irate that Athens left the SEOAL, which was the beginning of the demise of the conference. He knows that once Athens left the rest of the schools would either run from the league, or run it into the ground. Which is what happened. They needed the leadership of Athens to survive, and crumbled without it. But most importantly to him, his beloved Chieftains will now either have to run from competition and try to join a small school league, or step up in competition and get housed in a Central Ohio league. So he will always take every opportunity to slam Athens, and all other TVC schools. He is not only a deush bag but also an idiot. :mrgreen:
Opinions are like ????"? everyone has one! Man isn't America GREAT! We all can express our opinions!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

What's Logan's record against Lancaster? Or, what about schools their own size? If I recall correctly, some (not all) sounded off about beating Nelsonville-York by two points, 14-12. You should beat a school 3-5 times smaller than you. What's Logan's record the last 5book years?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:What's Logan's record against Lancaster? For your info Logan is on the small side of a DII school Or, what about schools their own size? If I recall correctly, some (not all) sounded off about beating Nelsonville-York Be advised N-Y likes the money generated from this game! by two points, 14-12. You should beat a school 3-5 times smaller than you SPORTMANSHIP!. What's Logan's record the last 5book years?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Looks like someone's feathers got ruffled due to the truth being presented in broad daylight.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Looks like someone's feathers got ruffled due to the truth being presented in broad daylight.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:Looks like someone's feathers got ruffled due to the truth being presented in broad daylight.
You just have to call a spade a spade!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

That's a pretty racist statement. Are you insinuating I am a spade?

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Slice it any way you want to but Athens has sent 2 QB's from High School to the Big Ten in the Past 11 years.
Grant Gregory to Indiana in 2004 and Joey Burrow to THE Ohio State in 2015. Quite an Accomplishment for a Small School down in SEO.

Gregory also played for USF and started for Kansas State.
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id ... nt-gregory

Burrow will be behind some stout competition, but if you know anything about him he will compete and push for that spot.
http://247sports.com/Article/Semper-Fid ... s-34460188

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:That's a pretty racist statement. Are you insinuating I am a spade?
There you go again! Taking things out of context!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

No question he is an Athlete and great talent. However I'd say Tri-Valley and Toledo would be the only real good teams they saw this year. Zanesville way way down, Steubenville not as strong as in past years and yes I know they made the playoffs but smaller school and again not as strong, Granville very average at best and Desales just wasn't their normal self and should have lost to Jackson. Time will only tell how he does at OSU but I do agree he need lots more weight and strength to have a chance to play by his senior year. The other question is how will he hold up. There were many games even with the soft TVC teams after a hit he came up limping but if he gets stronger he'll be fine. Good luck to Mr. Burrow, Mr. Football.

Oh Grant was a good player but didn't play at Indiana and transferred to a Florida school and again not much success than in a 5th or 6th year went to where Kansas State? or Kansas and played but they were down at that point. Grant was also much stronger then Joe at this point.

OVCFan2
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan2 »

Rumor has it that Torrence Gibson is making an visit to LSU this week. If he de-commits and go to LSU I think it will be a matter of time before we Burrows. After redshirting and waiting his turn, he will be a stud. I mean JT will be a sophomore, so Burrows redshirt Junior year I look for him to start. Also, Please don't lump all LOGAN posters together. Anyone that knows football will agree Joe Burrows is the best QB SEO has seen.

Return to “Football”