#1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: #1 Shadyside (11-0) vs #2 Trimble (12-0)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RadioLady wrote:They also mistakenly call us Nelsonville, instead of correctly saying Nelsonville-YORK!
:aaaaa6

The scout
Waterboy

Post by The scout »

93Bulldog wrote:
Wizard wrote:
athens78 wrote:They waste so much time talking about pick-ems and back in their playing days, they cant even find time to give scores.
If you are referring to the post game show on Power 105 - that score sheet gets read repeatedly throughout the night.

In terms of Saturday nights game: the 105 play-by-play man is a graduate of Ohio University with a degree in broadcast journalism. He also works for the IMG network and is the sideline reporter for the Bobcats. The color man is a former Tomcat player, coach and current teacher in the Trimble school district. Good luck finding another station Saturday with that combination of credentials and ties to the school.

And feel free to talk about the game, seeing as the topic says Shadyside vs Trimble.

Good luck 'Cats
Good luck 'Dogs
Look Tuff Guy, This is a site where folks are supposed to be able to give an opinion! If all this stuff offends you that much, then dont read it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Mr. Cox ripped me a new one back in 2008 or 2009 - and I haven't left off the YORK since!

Instead of jabbering away at nonsense - does anyone have any idea how many starters Shadyside has back? Especially across the front?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is it Glouster Trimble................or Trimble?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

CautionTape wrote:Look Tuff Guy, This is a site where folks are supposed to be able to give an opinion! If all this stuff offends you that much, then dont read it.
I'm not offended by anything. Never have, never will.

What's said on a high school sports forum is the least of my concerns.

Just figured since it is a high school sports forum - and not facebook or twitter - maybe the conversation would lean toward the game.

but hey, to each his own (or her) ... chat away.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:Is it Glouster Trimble................or Trimble?
:122245 :122245

chiefs
Varsity

Post by chiefs »

93Bulldog wrote:Mr. Cox ripped me a new one back in 2008 or 2009 - and I haven't left off the YORK since!

Instead of jabbering away at nonsense - does anyone have any idea how many starters Shadyside has back? Especially across the front?
Let's hope you don't have to ever call a tournament game with Ripley-Union-Lewis-Huntington playing! Talk about syllable soup! :mrgreen:

Does anyone know if Shadyside still has the kid that committed to Indiana, or did he graduate this spring?

Region 15
JV Team

Post by Region 15 »

Does anyone know if Shadyside still has the kid that committed to Indiana, or did he graduate this spring?

The FC Fan
SE

Teams: Fisher Catholic

He is their QB, over 1,300 rushing yards this season.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

93Bulldog wrote:Mr. Cox ripped me a new one back in 2008 or 2009 - and I haven't left off the YORK since!

In my opinion this "YORK" thing is non sense. Reminds me of a bunch of little kids crying that they were left out. There are numerous schools across the country that have more than one word in their names, yet no one complains when the name is shortened in conversation. Grow up people. And if "Dusty" was fired for that the person who fired him is an idiot. :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Steely Dan wrote:Here's an idea. Maybe the OHSAA chose Byesville as the cite for the benefit of the fans of both schools, not the media. Just a thought.

Trimble to Meadowbrook High School 55 Miles
Shadyside to Meadowbrook High School 57 Miles

Trimble to Zanesville High School 39 Miles
Shadyside to Zanesville High School 79 Miles

I'm sure there are many factors that go into the decision making process for game cites, but travel distance should certainly be primary in the consideration. It is a neutral cite, period, about as even distance wise for both communities. At least the game isn't being held in St. Clairsville, which would basically be a home game for Shadyside.

That's an unfortunate hand that is being dealt to the radio stations, however, it is what it is. Be glad you've got a game to cover and quit beating a dead horse.

Good luck to the Tomcats this weekend, I will be rooting for all both Athens county teams.

Yet another classic post from my pal Steely. Good to have you back buddy. You always provide a good read. :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

RadioLady wrote:I have listened to both stations extensively. Here are your choices.

One of them makes up cute little nicknames for each other, and the one guy talks about how great he thinks he was when he supposedly played, and how smart he believes himself to be. They also talk about which one is ahead in their pic'em challenge. They rarely refer to the game, or players.

The other one announces the game, and talks about the players and seem to be really knowledgeable about high school football.

So, take your pick. It just depends on what you want listen to. They are not that far apart on your radio dial.
Hilarious! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

athens78 wrote:Right on target RadioLady. If I want to hear a bunch of childish nicknames I'll tune into the comedy channel (really no difference) If I want to hear about tailgate cooking I'll tune in the food network (not even close to the same) Good move on 107.7 to cut ties. It's football not the comedy network (well it seems like it is). They also blame the officials for bad calls (are you on the field getting the best look at it) I was being sarcastic above when I said I love 105.5 if anyone didn't get that. I also have to say I use to listen to 107.7 and got sick and tired of listen to that guy talk about himself and tailgate and nicknames blah blah and blah that I stopped listening to it. Once he was fired and moved down the highway with the same routine I immediately switched back to 107.7. This station along with bringing us quality games and calls the owner supplies movies for teams, buses for teams and much more for these kids. How much have the 105.5 owners taken out of their pockets for schools? Keep up the good work and the adult listeners will continue to listen to the best 107.7. As long as they keep giving me sports talk and no puff daddy's, big cheese look at me I like to hear myself talk crap. Go Cats and Nelsonville York Buckeyes.
Keep them coming 78. I like that you pull no punches. One of the best posts I have read in a while. :mrgreen:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Wizard wrote:
athens78 wrote:Right on target RadioLady. If I want to hear a bunch of childish nicknames I'll tune into the comedy channel (really no difference) If I want to hear about tailgate cooking I'll tune in the food network (not even close to the same) Good move on 107.7 to cut ties. It's football not the comedy network (well it seems like it is). They also blame the officials for bad calls (are you on the field getting the best look at it) I was being sarcastic above when I said I love 105.5 if anyone didn't get that. I also have to say I use to listen to 107.7 and got sick and tired of listen to that guy talk about himself and tailgate and nicknames blah blah and blah that I stopped listening to it. Once he was fired and moved down the highway with the same routine I immediately switched back to 107.7. This station along with bringing us quality games and calls the owner supplies movies for teams, buses for teams and much more for these kids. How much have the 105.5 owners taken out of their pockets for schools? Keep up the good work and the adult listeners will continue to listen to the best 107.7. As long as they keep giving me sports talk and no puff daddy's, big cheese look at me I like to hear myself talk crap. Go Cats and Nelsonville York Buckeyes.

It really is nice to see people start to speak up about this. I would like a station where the listener can call in and talk about the local games. I really dont care about someones fantasy picks. They waste so much time talking about pick-ems and back in their playing days, they cant even find time to give scores. I would think that we will hear a change next year.
Another classic. This is the best day on SEOPS in months. Keep them coming folks, I can hardly wait for the next post. :mrgreen:

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

Does anyone think Phil would consider moving up to the Ohio division? Looks like a few jobs may be open?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:Keep them coming folks.
it's only three people using different user names MOTIVATOR. Not only that, it's the same 3 people who say the same thing every time this topic comes up. I just spent the last 20 minutes looking through the archives. It's like the posts are identical as the ones 6 months ago.

I guess 3 could be considered 'folks' though.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wellston Ironman wrote:Does anyone think Phil would consider moving up to the Ohio division? Looks like a few jobs may be open?
1. I would say no way.

2. But which jobs/teams are you referring too?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I love the 105 broadcast and I'm totally unbiased.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
Steely Dan wrote:Here's an idea. Maybe the OHSAA chose Byesville as the cite for the benefit of the fans of both schools, not the media. Just a thought.

Trimble to Meadowbrook High School 55 Miles
Shadyside to Meadowbrook High School 57 Miles

Trimble to Zanesville High School 39 Miles
Shadyside to Zanesville High School 79 Miles

I'm sure there are many factors that go into the decision making process for game cites, but travel distance should certainly be primary in the consideration. It is a neutral cite, period, about as even distance wise for both communities. At least the game isn't being held in St. Clairsville, which would basically be a home game for Shadyside.

That's an unfortunate hand that is being dealt to the radio stations, however, it is what it is. Be glad you've got a game to cover and quit beating a dead horse.

Good luck to the Tomcats this weekend, I will be rooting for all both Athens county teams.
Thanks my friend. I will PM you later to fill you in on why I've been absent from here. If I feel the need to keep things real, I will speak up, like I did here. I'm really happy to see the local teams still playing and hope that they succeed.

Yet another classic post from my pal Steely. Good to have you back buddy. You always provide a good read. :mrgreen:
Thank you my friend, much appreciated. I will send you a PM later to fill you in on my absence. As always, if I see a need like this, I will speak up and try to keep things real :122245 Good luck to both the local teams, I'm excited about their success!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

93Bulldog wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:Keep them coming folks.
it's only three people using different user names MOTIVATOR. Not only that, it's the same 3 people who say the same thing every time this topic comes up. I just spent the last 20 minutes looking through the archives. It's like the posts are identical as the ones 6 months ago.

I guess 3 could be considered 'folks' though.
Wow you obviously don't have a full time job except this. taking all that time to review archives lol. No I'm not talking about scores in the post game show, god I can't stand to listen to their pregame or game coverage. I'm talking about giving the score of the actual game your doing. The Saturday night crew has a trimble alum, teacher and explayer? Is that the same one with the tailgate cook book coming out? Wasn't he the canned at 107.7? I may be one of the few that speak my mind about this issue but trust me there's a whole lot of people in the area that dislike the look at me look at me talk whether it's post game, pregame, during game or anything. Oh and go Cats.

Return to “Football”