D6 R21 #2 Valley vs #4 Centerburg

Izladoom
All State

Re: D6 R21 #2 Valley vs #4 Centerburg

Post by Izladoom »

Yeah I don't think we will have to worry about seating not a fan of fields with a track around it tho.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

GOOD LUCK Valley and go get'em, bring home the hardware !!!!!!!!

INDIAN58
Waterboy

Post by INDIAN58 »

wobycat wrote:If valley gets the passing game going, center burg will be in trouble.

Hilarious, please elaborate on how exactly you have drawn this conclusion. I hope there was some regard for a defense that has allowed 125 pts in 12 games. Garbage time included.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

dses wrote:
wobycat wrote:If valley gets the passing game going, center burg will be in trouble.

Hilarious, please elaborate on how exactly you have drawn this conclusion. I hope there was some regard for a defense that has allowed 125 pts in 12 games. Garbage time included.

He is talking about the ability of Valley to hit huge plays with the passing game. I don't know the exact stats but I can remember seeing at least 10 pass TD's of 60+ yards this year, and I didn't go to the game they put up 63 or the one they put up 41

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

dses wrote:

Easy fella, Woby is not a Valley poster

INDIAN58
Waterboy

Post by INDIAN58 »

Just interested in learning if there was actual analysis or "gut feeling" to Woby"s post. Not fishing for bulletin board material it would be moot at this point. Just some good old fashioned debate and perspective.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

dses wrote:Just interested in learning if there was actual analysis or "gut feeling" to Woby"s post. Not fishing for bulletin board material it would be moot at this point. Just some good old fashioned debate and perspective.
Valley has a Good QB and seems to make good decisions with the ball. Haven't saw CB play but I like what Valley brings to the table here. Nice run game, good defense and cool heads. They play with class and pride.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

dses wrote:Just interested in learning if there was actual analysis or "gut feeling" to Woby"s post. Not fishing for bulletin board material it would be moot at this point. Just some good old fashioned debate and perspective.
The Indians have leaned pretty heavily on their offense all season. With the exception of a very stout Wheelersburg defense, no one has truly shut them down. Valley has been a big play offense much of the season. They have several kids that can take it the distance on any touch. The offense is good because of the development of Junior quarterback Bryan Rolfe. Bryan will be making his 25th start this Friday and last week was named District offensive player of the year. I have Rolfe with 1,782 yards and has 24 TD passes. Rolfe is also very smart with the ball and can kill you running it as well (323 with 6 TDs). When Bryan plays well, Valley scores points.

As far as Rolfe's targets go, the two big weapons are Junior TE Bryce Romanello and Senior WR Ryan Brown. Bryce is a game changer. He has speed and is also one of the best soccer players in the area. Romanello started last week game with an 85 yard TD catch. I do not have Bryce's reception and yardage totals but I do know that the TD catch Friday was his 11th this season. Ryan Brown has also developed into a reliable target for the Indians. Ryan got the Indians on the board in week 11 with a long TD catch and gave us a chance at points late in the first half this past Friday with great jump ball play. I have Ryan with 26 catches for 582 yards and 7 TD's. Ryan also has at least one punt return for a touchdown.

Valley can also run the football. The Indians are lead by Senior fullback Alex Loop (Loop and Brown are the only seniors seeing playing time for the Indians). Alex is built like a bowling ball and is rarely taken to the ground by the first defender or one tackler. Loop has 1,138 yards and 13 TD's on 138 carries (8.25 YPC). Alex is the "Bell Cow" and you will hear his name plenty on Friday night.

The Indians have another game breaker in the backfield that is getting healthy in Junior Blake Howard. Blake has slowed by an ankle sprain but he looked fine Friday catching two long touchdown passes. If Blake is healthy, the Valley offense is totally different.

Throw in an ever-improving offensive line and the emergence of backup running back Sam Basham and the Indians are very formidable on offense.

The Valley defense is getting better all the time. Early in the season they were basically a liability. We gave up 40 in 2 of our first 3 games. However, the last 3 weeks the starters have given up 27 points and played much better. The D is led by Junior inside backer Drew Wolford. Drew is well over 100 tackles and is the "glue" of this unit. Wolford has played a lot of football and I know this Valley fan feels good knowing Drew will get us lined up right against the Trojans on Friday. Other standouts on the defense are the aforementioned Loop, Romanello, and Rolfe. Loop is disruptive and moves from inside backer to nose man occasionally if Valley jumps into a 50. Alex is near 100 tackles on the year. Romanello is one of the quickest and most athletic defensive ends you will see. Byrce has at least 12 sacks and has forced numerous holding and grounding penalties. Rolfe is very good at corner. I believe his interception to ice the game on Friday was his 7th on the year. Bryan is also a solid tackler and doesn't get beat often.

The Indians are very good in the kicking game. Romanello is very good on PATs and has a few FG's in his career. Rolfe is a great punter who has flipped the field multiple times this season. In my biased opinion, I feel that Rolfe has a chance to go division 1 as a punter. He is that good.

That is basically how I would "sum up" the Indians. We will have to play well Friday, but I feel good about how we are playing and I expect a win and a Regional title.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to Valley Friday night...basketball can wait a few more weeks*

INDIAN58
Waterboy

Post by INDIAN58 »

Good stuff Crabs.

I'm sure it will be a great ball game. Centerburgs QB isn't too shabby himself, got a couple All Ohio guys as well. Like Coach Stoyle told us the other night "At this point all the teams are good." Looks like the winner of this one is in for a real treat week 14

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

dses wrote:Good stuff Crabs.

I'm sure it will be a great ball game. Centerburgs QB isn't too shabby himself, got a couple All Ohio guys as well. Like Coach Stoyle told us the other night "At this point all the teams are good." Looks like the winner of this one is in for a real treat week 14
Im not sure getting the Loudonville/Kirtland winner is a "treat" lol.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE VALLEY INDIANS.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

chicken_coop wrote:

the brackets I have seen show the winner of this game getting the winner of the West Liberty-Salem/Minster (R-22) I have seen this on two different brackets. (max preps and OSHAA) Don't know if it will stay this way

INDIAN58
Waterboy

Post by INDIAN58 »

nutronron2012 wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

the brackets I have seen show the winner of this game getting the winner of the West Liberty-Salem/Minster (R-22) I have seen this on two different brackets. (max preps and OSHAA) Don't know if it will stay this way
Word from Centerburg HC winner gets Kirtland/Loudonville

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

nutronron2012 wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:

Not sure what you are looking at, but the OHSAA bracket has the winner here playing the Region 19 winner.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Division VI Regional Finals – Games at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21
Home Team Listed First
Region 19: 1 Loudonville (12-0) vs. 3 Kirtland (12-0) at Medina Ken Dukes Stadium
Region 20: 1 Defiance Tinora (12-0) vs. 3 Bucyrus Wynford (11-1) at Dial-Roberson Stadium at Ohio Northern University, Ada
Region 21: 4 Centerburg (10-2) vs. 2 Lucasville Valley (10-2) at Gahanna Lincoln Stadium
Region 22: 4 West Liberty-Salem (11-1) vs. 3 Minster (9-3) at Piqua Alexander Stadium, Purk Field

Division VI State Semifinals – Games at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 28
Home Team Listed First. Sites announced Nov. 23.
Region 19 vs. Region 21
Region 20 vs. Region 22

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

Last edited by nutronron2012 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

just went to OHSAA and looked it up myself
and it is R19 vs R21
http://ohsaa.org/news/sports/20141117Fo ... irings.pdf

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GETTING EXCITED FOR YOU ALL.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Oh nice so as a reward for winning this game is a beat down lol jk. Really excited for this game. Wish I knew more about centerburg tho. You could not really tell much from the highlights of the other game.

Return to “Football”