Week 8: Logan (6-1) at St. Francis De Sales (6-1)

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Week 8: Logan (6-1) at St. Francis De Sales (6-1)

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I know what ya mean Raider. One year me and a buddy of mine went and seen St Iggy vs Huber Heights Wayne for the State Championship. Some of the De-Sales teams over the years would have hung in there right with them that night. Talent changes so much year to year but De-Sales is usually really good and can play with most anyone.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

What happened to your post Raider? It went Houdini? Had to re-type my reply.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trenchfoot wrote:What happened to your post Raider? It went Houdini? Had to re-type my reply.
That one I was saying there was another level above Desales this year. D1-D3 Catholic's get all the D1 talent in Ohio. We played Desales and I think they had 2 D1 players. TCC had 7 or 8 D1 players

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

RAIDER6309 wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:What happened to your post Raider? It went Houdini? Had to re-type my reply.
That one I was saying there was another level above Desales this year. D1-D3 Catholic's get all the D1 talent in Ohio. We played Desales and I think they had 2 D1 players. TCC had 7 or 8 D1 players
My reply to it is above. I know what ya mean but there's other schools that gets tons of D-1 talent. De-Sales in some years could hang with Iggy and most. Iggy is one of the biggest Catholic schools in the State.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Dandy Don wrote:
Trenchfoot wrote:We know who we are playing Jim Dandy, we've played them plenty before in the past. And as for the emoticons, that's what they are there for, and good reason to use them. Didn't take long for you to pop you head in our thread again. Go worry about your Rockets, Athens is going to hand you guys, your a$$es.

At least put some words or string together an intelligent sentence or two with your children's picture book replies chock full of those things lol.

I don't know maybe debate a point without changing the emoji font size to 25 or something, just a thought. I know you guys aren't into facts or statistics too much, but sometimes it is interesting to read something well thought out about the topic at hand.

Good luck with the Stallions.

well if it isn't the site teacher tying to show people they are a smart butt :aaaaa96 :aaaaa96 :aaaaa96
You need to come up with a better answer. One that goes with the subject. If you are really that smart why don't you have a educated job and not on here..........Oh..you lost it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

1987chieftains wrote:Image
:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa59

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I truly wished Logan played a stronger schedule before meeting teams like Jackson. I think that would give them a better gauge of the quality of a team they have. Don't be offended, because I want Logan to represent Southeast Ohio as long as possible. DeSales is such a strong and storied program, that I'll also go with the DeSales by two touchdowns.
Logan is in such of a unique position being the only division 2 high school, and league play the schools are too weak. As I mentioned earlier it will be nice if they could play schools their size right outside of Columbus area. Schools like Germantown Valleyview ,Newark licking Valley , DeSales, Sheridan, Pickerington, Olentangy, etc.just ideas around to your team get to a better place. Good luck

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I'm all for "scheduling up". It definitely raises the bar and helps build a strong program. I think Logan and Jackson have been doing a good job of scheduling several quality opponents outside of the SEOAL lately. I know school size matters, but I think people get lost in that too much. As a D3 school, I'd much rather play a D4 or D5 program that is very solid than a D1 program that never wins a game.

With Jackson playing Wheelersburg and West Jeff the last few years, and Chillicothe and Granville this year as well, I think they have improved the program overall, but none of those schools are larger than Jackson. They're just quality football programs that provide good competition. Sometimes you beat them and get a load of computer points, sometimes you lose but you're better for having played the game. It's tough to play a string of Chillicothe, West Jeff, Granville, and Wheelersburg all in a row and come out unscathed, but I believe in the long run, it will have helped Jackson.

The problem is this though. Jackson and Logan are the "big" schools in SE Ohio. There aren't many schools of comparable size in the area to play. Theoretically, they "should" just go to Columbus or Cincinnati and play all the big dogs. But the big dogs don't always wanna play a Jackson or a Logan. Why travel down south when you can stay in your area, play a school of similar size, beat them and cash in on the computer points without ever going south of the outerbelt? The point I'm trying to make is that Jackson and Logan can go around begging for games, but someone also has to be willing to play them. They can't just go out and schedule any team they want.

Next season, Jackson will be playing Western Brown (who appears to be having a decent season) in place of Granville. The Blue Aces only had one year open, so Jackson had to replace them in Week 4 with another D3 team that's not too far away geographically. However, due to SEOAL teams heading for the hills, Jackson still had Weeks 9 and 10 open. Many teams are locked into league commitments during those weeks, so who is Jackson going to play? Well, in Week 9 they will be hosting Cincinnati Winton Woods (D2 State Champ in 2009) according to the OHSAA website, and as far as I know, Week 10 is still trying to be filled. I think I've heard that Logan will be playing Dublin Jerome and probably Columbus Watterson next year. Is that good enough?

I'm not trying to stray from the topic of this week's game for Logan against DeSales or make this about Jackson. Just get tired of people harping about how all the "big" schools are supposed to do this, or supposed to do that. People act like a D3 school should never lose to a D4 school, and if they do, they should be embarrassed and should be scheduling D1 schools every week anyway. It's just not true, it's also impossible for a school like Logan and/or Jackson to travel every week to Cleveland or Toledo to play Benedictine or Toledo Central Catholic.

And by the way, DeSales may not be as good as Benedictine or Hoban this year, but they almost have more playoff wins (50) than those two schools combined (41 and 14). They can hold their own.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

At one time a lot of schools in this area use to be bigger than Logan and Logan wasn't crying like some of these kids on here do now. I think they mostly cry because they are a poor town now or just can't put the Ws up. Wait for on down the road and your school won't have its own team. 100 plus school in the area now just might be around 70.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

great post 02!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:We know who we are playing Jim Dandy, we've played them plenty before in the past. And as for the emoticons, that's what they are there for, and good reason to use them. Didn't take long for you to pop you head in our thread again. Go worry about your Rockets, Athens is going to hand you guys, your a$$es.

Give the cry baby heck Trenchfoot.....if i was a wellsville fan i would cry too. Handy Dawn cries a river so much they should have flood warning out. :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote:

Give the cry baby heck Trenchfoot.....if i was a wellsville fan i would cry too. Handy Dawn cries a river so much they should have flood warning out. :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18 :aaaaa18
Flash flood warnings with that guy, he comes out of nowhere with his crap. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ole Dandy is a Logan Hater is all it is.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saw the mvl voted down to expand

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

I hope Logan comes out firing and upsets the naysayers.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Trenchfoot wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

Flash flood warnings with that guy, he comes out of nowhere with his crap. :lol: :lol: :lol: Ole Dandy is a Logan Hater is all it is.
Handy Dawn whats that flour you have on...is that Martha White for your crow you have been having all year long. :aaaaa111 :aaaaa111 :aaaaa111 :aaaaa111 maybe you need to change your bird

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: Ole Delta Dawn. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: New Nick name for him. Dandy Delta Dawn. :lol: :lol:

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Has Logan faced a triple option team yet this year?

Didn't know what kind of offense Shadyside or Cambridge ran, was it triple option?

DeSales runs it very well, just when you start to suck in they release a TE and throw it over top of you; or when you bite on the motion and option they FB dive and no one is home. Gotta be disciplined and play assignment football with these guys.

Their D-line play is solid I think they have a nose guard that is a commit somewhere.

Good luck, I am interested in this game. I think DeSales and Zanesville are the Region 9 "favorites" based on what I know and this game will give us some ideas on where Jackson is and may face in a couple weeks. The big full back that they have playing now 260# or so is a transfer in as I understand, imagine that, amazing how that works out isn't it lol.

Some DeSales people are saying this team has more upside than last years regional finalist team, so will definitely be a good game.

I know we are comparing 2014/2015 but remember you took a 7-3 Lancaster team last year to OT and this year that is DeSales only loss in Week 1.

Play Logan football and you never know what can happen. Is McBride playing or is Burke keeping that under wraps for now lol?

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

We have done every game for Logan this year and we have not faced a team running the triple option offense like Desales does. Logan has seen several teams running read option with mobile QBs for sure. Jackson was the first power football team we have seen. DeSales poses many issues with their multiple looks and solid offensive line. They have outstanding RBs and they will be a load to stop. Logan will need to get their LBs ready to stop the run. This will be a bigger challenge than last week with the different looks Logan will see.
Last edited by Logangrad on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

doubleplay -

Logan has seen some teams that run some triple option, but no one who does it like DeSales. I live in Hilliard where Davidson runs it well enough to win a couple of D1 titles and DeSales is about the next best thing to what Brian White does in Hilliard.

DeSales has a tackle (Derrius Mullins) who is 6-5, 315 and committed to Wisconsin. Played as a NG against Jackson last year as a sophomore and starts both ways this year. The one thing they don't have is a guy like Billy Cooper (and Cody Roseberry) who are just so quick off the ball. BUT, DeSales brings a TON of pressure with their linebackers and DBs. They will get after the QB.

My sources say the kid going to Michigan State (Austin Andrews) may be back on Friday. May see him more on defense than offense. At DeSales, the best 11 play defense and then they figure out the offense (several guys do go both ways). Would guess he will be covering Mr. Smith most of the night. Good challenge for Isaiah, who I know has some MAC-level interest in football but I think he is looking at track & field at the next level.
Last edited by loganlocos on Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”