Logan Football 2013

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Logan Football 2013

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Up northeast from Columbus. Bout halfway to Cleveland. Pretty long road trip from Logan.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan plays Loudonville 9/20 and Zanesville 10/18

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:Logan plays Loudonville 9/20 and Zanesville 10/18
Thanks for clearing up the mess!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

New coach, new system and better discipline, But the Gales are to big, to strong and to fast for my Chiefs!

Lancaster 35

Logan 14

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

Reading an article in todays local paper it appears that Lancaster has changed up their philosophy on two way players. In the past players for the most part have played either offense or defense with the exception of a few athletes. But with injuries really hurting them during the regular season the past few years coach carpenter made the decision to have every player on the team have a offensive and defensive position which should add depth at every position. It said that every player takes reps on both offense and defense in every practice now. So the Chiefs could see Lancaster rotating a lot more players in the game than what they have in the past.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good to see Logan Locos' scouting report for the Lancaster Gales in the LDN again!!! always informative Locos - thank you ... looking forward to reading more from Coach Burke throughout the season as well - coach gave us a look into his philosophy as to how important "preparation" / "game planning" is for what he see's leading to the Chiefs success in the 2013-14 campaign... spoke about his coaching staff coming up with a game plan on both sides of the ball that WILL lead to the Chiefs being successful...the game plans being ones that the players will grasp and ones that can be put into action on the field with the talent the Purple & White brings to the table ... the more I read/hear Coach Burke talk the more I KNOW that Coach Burke IS the right man for the Purple ... going to be fun to watch a more fundamentally sound Purple TEAM this season- the Logan faithful ARE going to like what they see on Football Friday Nights ...

foosball
Waterboy

Post by foosball »

25 hours and counting till kick off to a new season. GO CHIEFS!!!! :-D

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I'm glad coach Burke believes in a little rest also for his starters. Read that in the LDN as well. Fresh legs in there once in awhile is a must to get some hard fought W's. Starters going both ways can perform better with a little rest. GO CHIEFS!! GET IT DONE AND SURPRIZE THE DOUBT-ERS FRIDAY NIGHT AGAINST THE GALES!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

GO CHIEFS!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

GAME DAY it is going to be a hot one!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

have to go with the gales in this one......lancaster 28 logan 07.....but do see the CHIEFS.....winning 5 or more this season........ 8) :!: :idea:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

pfloyd wrote:... good to see Logan Locos' scouting report for the Lancaster Gales in the LDN again!!! always informative Locos - thank you ... looking forward to reading more from Coach Burke throughout the season as well - coach gave us a look into his philosophy as to how important "preparation" / "game planning" is for what he see's leading to the Chiefs success in the 2013-14 campaign... spoke about his coaching staff coming up with a game plan on both sides of the ball that WILL lead to the Chiefs being successful...the game plans being ones that the players will grasp and ones that can be put into action on the field with the talent the Purple & White brings to the table ... the more I read/hear Coach Burke talk the more I KNOW that Coach Burke IS the right man for the Purple ... going to be fun to watch a more fundamentally sound Purple TEAM this season- the Logan faithful ARE going to like what they see on Football Friday Nights ...

Thanks Floyd!

Completely agree about coach Burke and the positive vibes I get heading into the season. Lancaster is always THE BIGGEST challenge every season, tonight will be NO different.

But I think Chieftain Nation is going to be proud of the purple and white this Friday and for the next 10 Fridays. If the coaching staff gets buy in from these players, I think we'll all be pretty happy.

Go Chiefs!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

From The Lancaster Eagle Gazette-

LANCASTER — Lancaster’s Fulton Field will have an additional decoration before tonight’s season opening football game against the Logan Chieftains — a Logan-purple tomahawk at the 50-yard line.

Vandals painted the symbol on the field sometime overnight, and district workers discovered it this morning.

Lancaster High School Principal Jack Greathouse said the damage was not significant, but if the desired effect was to discourage the Gales football players, it may have done the opposite.

“I think this will motivate our players to be better,” Greathouse said. “We were thinking about painting green over the purple, but later decided to leave it there as a motivator.”

An estimate on the vandalism was not available. Workers repainted the 50-yard line through the symbol, but otherwise left it alone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Go Chiefs!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Reminds me of when some Westerville South student came down to Logan and spray painted all over the old stadium on the hilltop.

Of course, that was on concrete not on grass.

I also remember when Athens used to come up and spray paint paw prints all over the hilltop when I was a kid.

Probably will motivate the Gales a little bit.

Logan should be ready for retaliation next year, my guess is its a lot more expensive to get that paint out of field turf than out of real grass....

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I remember back in the 70's about every other year, Athens would come to the hilltop the nite before the game and Burn a big "A" right in the middle of the field. LDN took pictures of those times back then. They probably still have them somewhere. Chiefs and the Bulldogs was a real huge rivalry back then.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Never forget the note the Logan coaches obtained from "supposedly" Pickerington people the week before their first playoff game, then Jack Johnson got one from suppsosedly Logan people the next year.Athens was always doing stuff back in the day on the hilltop,would have thought after a couple years somebody would have guarded that place more carefully the week before the game.Makes for good motivation and I have to wonder where these people who do this are really from sometimes,would have taken a lot of guts to burn a big A in the middle of the field around all them houses even in the middle of the night :aaaaa46

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

It was a big thing back then, they didn't even look at it as vandalism really. Big big rivalry type deal and over looked it. It isn't like today, that was part of war between two big rivalry's. Heck they even had massive bonfires pep rally's and all. Today, the LFD would have there sirens a blareing headed there telling them you can't do that. I also remember they turned the lights out and the band played the national anthem at every home game and they sent a massive boom firework in the air. Not the pretty type firework, it was the big dead boom ones. Can't do that today, to many people complain. I understand the motivation deal but back then the Logan and Athens game was a big thing. Probably didn't even care those houses was there. :-D

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan is down 30/07

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

37/07

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

That's ok Chiefs, get back to work. Concentrate on the next game. Keep your heads up and work out the kinks. GO CHIEFS!!

Return to “Football”