Week 9 River Valley @ Athens

bevo
Varsity

Re: Week 9 River Valley @ Athens

Post by bevo »

sportslifelove wrote:Athens vs Point Pleasant is the game I would like to see! I take Point in that game. Better defense, better running back, also a great QB.
I have seen both play! Athens would beat Pt Pleasant by at least 3 scores! That's not a very good comparison at all!
Point is ok in WV but Athens is soo much bigger and a lot better athletes

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

fuzzhead wrote:I'd imagine the Raiders would much rather be playing, say, a South Point or a Fairland tonight. Yikes...
prob so they would beat either of them!

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

Bevo wrote:
sportslifelove wrote:Athens vs Point Pleasant is the game I would like to see! I take Point in that game. Better defense, better running back, also a great QB.
I have seen both play! Athens would beat Pt Pleasant by at least 3 scores! That's not a very good comparison at all!
Wait you said Point is "ok" in WV? So being the #1 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense in AAA which is the largest school division when you are actually a AA school based on this years enrollment, plus having just recorded your 2nd consecutive undefeated regular season with your running back setting state records and accepting a D1 scholarship as well as your 2 time all-state QB getting offers while completing 75% of his passes for his career with 0 ints for the year, that is defined as "OK"???? What world do you live in? LOL Bevo I've always known you weren't right but this is confirmation thank you!

What I said is I would like to see them play because I think it would be a good game, and I would take Point I didn't say it would be a blowout either way, both great teams IMHO.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Athens didn't score 70 at Death Valley and how many points did their defense give up against a smaller opponent that isn't as good as past year's? Cry, Cry Cry? well yes everytime Athens loses they cry the officials did it. Since O.U. is down may be there will be some new transfers coming in soon. That would be great.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

athens78 wrote:Athens didn't score 70 at Death Valley and how many points did their defense give up against a smaller opponent that isn't as good as past year's? Cry, Cry Cry? well yes everytime Athens loses they cry the officials did it. Since O.U. is down may be there will be some new transfers coming in soon. That would be great.
I wish you would just quit posting. You don't know what you are talking about.
You will say Athens is great and then a few hours later you will talk crap about them. You have no class and you should just go away. You, Palicrap, and crapshine should get together and start your own version of preps so you can talk crap about the TVC and the rest of SE Ohio and we don't have to read it.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

sportslifelove wrote:
Bevo wrote:
Wait you said Point is "ok" in WV? So being the #1 ranked offense and #1 ranked defense in AAA which is the largest school division when you are actually a AA school based on this years enrollment, plus having just recorded your 2nd consecutive undefeated regular season with your running back setting state records and accepting a D1 scholarship as well as your 2 time all-state QB getting offers while completing 75% of his passes for his career with 0 ints for the year, that is defined as "OK"???? What world do you live in? LOL Bevo I've always known you weren't right but this is confirmation thank you!

What I said is I would like to see them play because I think it would be a good game, and I would take Point I didn't say it would be a blowout either way, both great teams IMHO.
His point is that WV football doesn't compare to Ohio football. I remember back when the Burg played Huntington East and Cabel Midland and they would come ranked #1 or #2 in the state and the Burg would embarrass them.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I will play a little devils advocate here.

I have never bought into the 'river teams' in WV being 'inferior' just because they reside in WV. I mean, if you live a couple of hundred yards across the water you suddenly become smaller? slower? What is the difference between Wahama and Racine? Point Pleasant and Gallipolis? Parkersburg or Marietta?

Nothing really. Same type of people, same type of families, etc ... etc ... If you have a team like Wahama that plays mostly Ohio teams week in and week out, they are no different than any of those schools along the river. The same can probably be said for Point. They beat Gallia Academy 58-3, Athens beat Gallia 52-0.

With that being said, I think it may be a pretty darn good game between Athens and Point. Give me the Bulldogs 52, Big Blacks 42 ... ;)

Cal preps BTW has Point Pleasant 36, Athens 35.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Good point bulldog! I know the top teams from Ohio would beat their top teams most years, but if you look at Cal Preps states head to head, WV beats Ohio almost every year in football matchups,that amazes me for a state that is so inferior.

robycop3
All State

Post by robycop3 »

A simple fact is, in HS football, there's gonna be some mismatches, and most are unintended. It's not like Green Twp. facing Cincy Moeller or similar. RV and Athens happen to be in the same league now, and the mismatch wasn't intended. Again, these things unintentionally happen. Maybe in the future, the mismatch could be RV over Athens. Don't laugh & say it can't happen! Look at this year's Northwest Mohawks!

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

Prince of Darkness wrote:Athens beats any team in southeastern Ohio this year fairly easy. I don't think that is up for debate. However, I do think if they were still playing in the SEOAL they would have at least gotten some resistance from Jackson and been competing against schools their own size.
SEOAL -
1 D2, 1 D3, 2 D4
TVC-OHIO
2 D3, 1 D4, 3 D5, 1 D6

Athens Schedule - D2,D3,D4(4),D5(3),D6
D2 - 1
D3 - 1
D4 - 4
D5 - 3
D6 - 1

Jackson Schedule - D2, D4(2), D5(6), D6
D2 - 1
D3 - 0
D4 - 2
D5 - 6
D6 - 1

Yes it would help both Jackson and Athens for the Winner of the game gaining those Points, but take a deeper look at the schedules.
Size doesn't matter, Quality of Opponent does. Both Schools have beat a D2 School with 4 Wins...Athens Majority of its win came from D4, Jackson Majority has come from D5. Athens best test came from D4 Steubenville (Currently Ranked #2 in their Region). Jackson's best test came from D5, Region 17. Wheelersburg (Currently Ranked #2)Ironton (Currently Ranked #6).

Playing against Smaller Opponents has Jackson ABOVE Athens. Reason, quality wins.
Jackson is #2 in Region 9.
Athens is #6 in Region 9.

Jackson's Opponents have 40 wins
Athens Opponents have 39 wins

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You're wasting your breath questionmark.

It's a deep seeded dislike of Athens that comes out in some users posts.

It will never change - no matter what you say.

Just accept it and move on.

questionmark
All Conference

Post by questionmark »

So 93 you are saying we can't fix stupid? OK...

It's NELSONVILLE-YORK Week!
Go Bulldogs! Just WIN Baby!

jjcwolves
Waterboy

Post by jjcwolves »

athens78 wrote:Athens didn't score 70 at Death Valley and how many points did their defense give up against a smaller opponent that isn't as good as past year's? Cry, Cry Cry? well yes everytime Athens loses they cry the officials did it. Since O.U. is down may be there will be some new transfers coming in soon. That would be great.

Hey 78, go umpire another baseball game and forget your mask!!

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Would Athens win the State Title in WV AAA this year? I think so... without a doubt

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

G.W.A. wrote:Would Athens win the State Title in WV AAA this year? I think so... without a doubt

Point would have a say in that I believe. Note the one common opponent Gallia, was crushed by both Point and Athens and both games could have been much worse.

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

sportslifelove wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:Would Athens win the State Title in WV AAA this year? I think so... without a doubt

Point would have a say in that I believe. Note the one common opponent Gallia, was crushed by both Point and Athens and both games could have been much worse.
Come on you and G.W.A. need to find something better to do Athens will try to go as deep as they can in the Ohio Playoffs. talking about how they would do in WV is
a. can't say it!

Return to “Football”