best game ever played!!

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

best game ever played!!

Post by highlightreel25 »

what is the best game that you have seen one inparticular individual play...like their stats pretty much and the final score of the game??

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: best game ever played!!

Post by fuzzhead »

Probably would have to be the time Justin Hyland ran for 400 yards on 50 carries (can't remember how many TDs) against your Dragons and we won 40-something to 40-something after Adam Bare intercepted a pass.... :shock:

Reece TPS
Waterboy

Post by Reece TPS »

1986 Ironton vs Cape
No#1 vs No #2

Bobby Brice #24
1st carry at tailback at Ironton resulted in a 55 yard touchdown run.
Played wide receiver and made a diving catch to set up a touchdown made by Brice.
Intercepted a pass.

1999 Ironton vs Germantown Valley View
Regional Finals

Jason Harmon #24
235 yards rushing in a come from behind win.

Jermon Jackson #25
1993 Ironton vs Ashland KY: 235 yards rushing.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Boy I wish I could remember the stats on him, but in the 01 playoffs. Watching DeShawn Wynn run all over the Burg at Ed Miller was a treat. Even though I was cheering for the home team, it was amazing! A man among boys for sure!

I believe he even had a bum leg and wasn't but 80-85%.
When they took him and most of the starters out Burg made it look closer than it really was.

earp
S

Post by earp »

If I remember right Fuzz it was 52 carries for 408 yards 7 tds and 5 2 point conversions RIDICULOUS! :lol:

As far as the best game ever for me was Fairland and Coal Grove in 1986,Brian Davis of the Grove and Paul Short of Fairland both with 250 plus rushing in a 3 OT game for the OVC title!I think this game made #4 all time in the greatest games list that the Herald Dispatch put out a few years back!

Ironton and CAPE was a great game too,Oddly enough these games were on the same weekend in 1986,One on friday and one on saturday!

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

I seem to remember Jermon as a freshman run like 3 punts back vs South Point in a playoff game. Plus I dont know how many rushing yards he had.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Boy I wish I could remember the stats on him, but in the 01 playoffs. Watching DeShawn Wynn run all over the Burg at Ed Miller was a treat. Even though I was cheering for the home team, it was amazing! A man among boys for sure!

Bigdowgg and I was there, that kid could run over anyone who got in his way.

I seen Joe Joe Parker score 5 tds in a game.
I seen Jeramiah Bolden score 5 tds in a game.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I think for me it would have to be between East vs Matewan when Aurther Henderson played East and it went to 4 OT's I believe.....there was no D played at all that game it seemed. The game this year with Buffalo and East was also a good one down to the last play with East coming from behind to win.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

best game i've ever seen was the burg - ironton game this past season. burg was down by a touch down late in the game and scored with 33.5 seconds to beat the tigers 23-22 for the 2nd straight season. anyone who wasn't there or would like to see the catch. here is a video captured via cell phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJF8L5O3HE

cghornet10
JV Team

Post by cghornet10 »

fuzzhead wrote:Probably would have to be the time Justin Hyland ran for 400 yards on 50 carries (can't remember how many TDs) against your Dragons and we won 40-something to 40-something after Adam Bare intercepted a pass.... :shock:

ehh comeon fuzz, wipe the cob webs out

Coal Grove was down 21-0 at half time and won the game on their last drive 42-41.. Fairland tried a tricky play on the next kickoff and Justin Allen picked off the ball on the throwback. Hyland broke 400 and scored the winning two point conversion on an outside pitch, pulling about 4 guys into the endzone.

grizzlynatural
Varsity

Post by grizzlynatural »

Austin Rohrs 380 whatever against Marietta was a good one. I believe we were down something like 18-0 or 21-0, coached whipped out the cam2 and filled'em up and he was off.

I WOULD mention Derek Harden (as i just did) wit i believe 6td's against Athens in 2000 but..... he was playing Athens so that doesnt count.

How about Justin Frye for an entire season? Every game he started in his jr year he had 200 yards rushing.

Lucas Wright against Zanesville in 07. Dont know his stats, but he showed that he was better than Gaiters.

Joey Conrad putting himself in the state record books with 16? consecutive completed passes against Pickerington in 2000. I think he was 16/18 in that game and 2 or 3 rushing TD's. Man was he something special to watch.

Kevin Call in 2005 had 2 80 yarders against Gallia and over 200 yds rushing, had an oustanding game.

Justin Pack his entire senior season with 65+ tackles a game, most of them assists :mrgreen:

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Neutron Man wrote:Boy I wish I could remember the stats on him, but in the 01 playoffs. Watching DeShawn Wynn run all over the Burg at Ed Miller was a treat. Even though I was cheering for the home team, it was amazing! A man among boys for sure!

I believe he even had a bum leg and wasn't but 80-85%.
When they took him and most of the starters out Burg made it look closer than it really was.

I believe he had well over 300 yards in this game. I don't think Burg was ever totally out of this game. They had to let Reading score late in the game so that they could get the ball and it almost worked as they scored after they got the ball back, recovered the onside kick and threw an incomplete pass on 4th down around the 20 yard line that turned the ball over. I think Reading was sweating bullets on that last drive. Burg lost that game 39-31.

I think for any Burg fan it could be one of two. The state semi-final game against Versailles in 89 or the state championship game in 89. Both were great games. One got them to the title game and the other got them the championship.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:best game i've ever seen was the burg - ironton game this past season. burg was down by a touch down late in the game and scored with 33.5 seconds to beat the tigers 23-22 for the 2nd straight season. anyone who wasn't there or would like to see the catch. here is a video captured via cell phone

Come on now we don't want to see that again. :122247

Just kidding, it was a great game and a great catch.

Warpig
Freshman Team

Post by Warpig »

For Trimble:
Week 10 1978 at Federal Hocking. At halftime the score was 7-6 Trimble, then senior tailback Jeff McClelland exploded.

Final Score: Trimble 43 Federal Hocking 6

Jeff's stats: 18 carries for 330 yards (average of 18.3 yards per carry) 4 touchdowns and finished with 418 all-purpose yards.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The best game I was ever a part in was 2006 West vs. Portsmouth. The final score was 21-20, it ended with Portsmouth going for the win and coming up short on the 2 point conversion. It was the first time we ever beat Portsmouth at the Rock

Sider55
Waterboy

Post by Sider55 »

West vs. Burg 08
It was an awesome back and forth game.
There was great tension betwwen the teams.
The whole stadium shook with screaming fans.
West came out on top victorious and UNDEFEATED!

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

1985 Minford vs. Burg :lol:

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Sider55 wrote:West vs. Burg 08
It was an awesome back and forth game.
There was great tension betwwen the teams.
The whole stadium shook with screaming fans.
West came out on top victorious and UNDEFEATED!

If this was the best game you EVER seen you obviously haven't seen a lot of games.
This game had a lot on the line, and had a ton of fan hype, but it probably wasn't even in the top 5
It went back and forth, but that's just standard west/burg. The rain made it a little closer than it probably should've been. West was a better team last season. Far to many fumbles and slips and slides due to the rain. It was miserable sitting in it.

I think your confusing best game ever, with favorite win, or memory.
You've had to of seen better than this.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

sider wrote:The best game I was ever a part in was 2006 West vs. Portsmouth. The final score was 21-20, it ended with Portsmouth going for the win and coming up short on the 2 point conversion. It was the first time we ever beat Portsmouth at the Rock

what about the 2002 regional final between portsmouth and west at the tank.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

OHbuckeye1 wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:best game i've ever seen was the burg - ironton game this past season. burg was down by a touch down late in the game and scored with 33.5 seconds to beat the tigers 23-22 for the 2nd straight season. anyone who wasn't there or would like to see the catch. here is a video captured via cell phone

Come on now we don't want to see that again. :122247

Just kidding, it was a great game and a great catch.

hey you have to admit that was a great game and a even greater finish. i just hope this years game is just as good

Return to “Football”