Jackson Seniors

96stroker
JV Team

Jackson Seniors

Post by 96stroker »

Not enough to field a freshman team 4 years ago and now a chance to go 10-0 and 2nd league championship. Great job boys! Proud to say I saw you play!

camnott
Varsity

Re: Jackson Seniors

Post by camnott »

Amen! As freshman they sure played pretty darn good as the jr varsity team though. I wander how many boys would have hung around their freshman year if they had to go up against the varsity all year as practice dummies like those boys. As I recall none of the few we had quit!!

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Kudos to those boys!

camnott
Varsity

Post by camnott »

Hey Stroker, did ya take care of mama for tomorrow night! :122245

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Not yet! Her birthday is Saturday so the boys can give her a present on Friday. Thanks to you tho i'm going to have to step it up a little !! LOL

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Congratulations to these young men for sticking it out and becoming a success. I am sure what they have learned will help them be successful for the rest of their lives.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

One thing about these Seniors that is different than most, they are leaders on and off the field. I know a lot of these boys and they are great role models for the young kids in Jackson. When you play football here these kids look up to you like you are an NFL all star. They play football great but they are more than just football players. Most of them make excellent grades and have good personalities. When I saw them at the middle school games vs gallia cheering them on I thought that was amazing. Part of their success this season is because of their character not their talents.

Austin Osborne and Drew Ervin transferred here from Wellston and immediately made an impact on this community in a positive way. They are great leaders that do great on the field and in the classroom. This is a very special team and that is hard to come by. When younger players make mistakes they don't get on them they get there heads up and motivate them for the next play. This team chemistry is better than I have seen in the past here at Jackson and it is because of these seniors. It goes beyond just Austin and Drew, they are all great kids and great leaders. With this much talent on a team its hard to get everyone together and make each player happy but they don't care about the stats as long as they win. Last season they had the wins but it was all about "ME". I hate to see these kids go but it has been great to see them play there last season as an Ironman. They deserve to go undefeated and I hope they get it. It's teams like this that can make a run in the playoffs and if all goes well I believe they can make it past the second round.

Thank you Seniors for this amazing season and I wish you luck in your future even if it is the end of the road of your football career. Football isn't everything in life and you can see it in these boys and that is key to there success. Congratulations boys, you deserve every thing you have earned this year

GO IRONMEN!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

That's a great post! Very well said IronmenTradition.

I agree. I don't know most of these kids personally, but I have talked to several of them on a few occasions, and they're very respectful young men. They have all worked extremely hard to get to this point in this season, and I wish them nothing but the best tomorrow night and beyond.

Last game in Alumni Stadium tomorrow night, last time running through the tunnel with "Ironman" and the fight song blaring. End it the right way...perfection!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

+1

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

The Bon fire was nuts a lot of passion and intensity out of the ironmen and the seniors where going crazy they are beyond pumped for this game tomorrow and this entire season has been magical and they want go keep the ball rolling tomorrow night at alumni stadium!!

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Great job boys !!!! 10 and 0 and seoal champions Where we go week 11 who knows? but I will be there th cheer you on . Great job Ironmen!!

Return to “Football”