GALLIA ACADEMY (0-5) @ PORTSMOUTH (3-2) GAME UPDATES

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: GALLIA ACADEMY (0-5) @ PORTSMOUTH (3-2) GAME UPDATES

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

i care for both, but if anyone needs a shot in the arm, its gallia, sorry p town gang...

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

p'town never gives up.... u want the 'W' ,,,,get i!!!

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

I was very impressed with the effort of the Blue Devils. This a good 0-6 team that has some athletes. Good luck the rest of the way Blue Devils, this same Trojans team knows what you are going through. Last year we felt the same thing during our 1-9 season, just don't stop giving the effort you are right now. This Trojan fan has a lot of respect for the young men of Gallia Academy.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

The Blue find yet another way to lose a ballgame. Entire right side of kick-off team overruns on-side kick. Amazing! Has this ever been done before? Sheesh!

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Glad the Trojans pulled out the win........not our best effort....as stated above.....we had three special team touchdowns.......fumbles and penalties are going to KILL us.....need to correct these mistakes going into the next weeks game.....Congrats to the Trojans and a hard fought effort by Gallia Academy.

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

GAHS defense was very impressive......Played well enough to win this game......If not for big special teams play by the Trojans, this game was won by the Blue Devils........I especially was impressed by the enthusiasm of GAHS fans. At this point in the season many teams would not travel well with an 0-5 record, but they definitely were a 12th man trying to will their team to victory.......I for one wish Portsmouth's fans were as enthusiastic.......Great job both teams and good luck the rest of the way......

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Moses Guthrie wrote:GAHS defense was very impressive......Played well enough to win this game......If not for big special teams play by the Trojans, this game was won by the Blue Devils........I especially was impressed by the enthusiasm of GAHS fans. At this point in the season many teams would not travel well with an 0-5 record, but they definitely were a 12th man trying to will their team to victory.......I for one wish Portsmouth's fans were as enthusiastic.......Great job both teams and good luck the rest of the way......

I agree, esp with their student section,them kids did not stop all night...great support.

was nice talking to blue stel at halftime,,,jottings never did make it over to see us..hope he has a safe trip home

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Man, that was a heck of a game. The Blue Devils really put up a heck of an effort.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

GAHS has still not played well for four quarters. Made multiple mistakes that turned into a lot of points for Portsmouth.

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

It will be interesting to see how many tackles #20 for GAHS recorded. He was in on just about every play tonite.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

gahs4ever

met your bus drivers tonight also, they diddnt leave here hungry 8) :122245

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I bet ya Jottings had him some Ribber? :122246

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Post by Mighty Mighty Devils »

The Blue devils played a great game last night The coachs called a horrible one you can't onside kick 3 times in a row and expect to win. You have a kicker that can kick it in the endzone if you let him. those play calls cost us the game last night. Brandon Taylor sparked the whole team last night with his fumble recovery for a touchdown on defense we ran hard all night just got to hold onto the ball. The drive in the 2 nd half with gravely up the middle 3 or 4 times then nate up the middle then dingess short pass from young for a touchdown was excellent play calling------ and it worked

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

Portsmouth you guys have one of the nicest stadium's I love the way it is set up kinda above the field so you look down onto the field at the game very nice. the sandstone retaining walls are a nice touch kinda mixing the old and the new You have a top notch facility something to be proud of

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to our Trojans on the win.........and to the Blue Devils for a great effort........GAHS's defense played an outstanding game.

This game featured 3 TD's by Portsmouth's special teams and 1 TD by Gallia Academy's defense.........very rare to see 4 non-offensive TD's in one game.

Portsmouth has now split 4 contests with Gallia Academy, Chillicothe, and Jackson in the 4 years we have been in the SEOAL South. Ironton has a 2-1 advantage heading into the game at Tank Stadium in 2 weeks. The Trojans have proven they can compete in this league.

PHS will have to play better next week as the Warren Warriors come to Trojan Coliseum........the stretch run for the postseason is here, and we have to come out and execute on both sides of the ball.

It was good to sit with portsmouth98 and hear his insights........he has a lot of football knowledge.

Missed seeing GAHS4ever and Jottings........hope to see them during hoops season!!

GO TROJANS!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

As other posters have mentioned, Kyle Dingess of GAHS was all over the field for the Blue Devils.......I haven't seen a player making that many plays on both sides of the ball in a long time.......

familyofthreeboys
Waterboy

Post by familyofthreeboys »

Mighty Mighty Devils
Post subject: Re: GALLIA ACADEMY (0-5) @ PORTSMOUTH (3-2) GAME UPDATES

The Blue devils played a great game last night The coachs called a horrible one you can't onside kick 3 times in a row and expect to win. You have a kicker that can kick it in the endzone if you let him. those play calls cost us the game last night. Brandon Taylor sparked the whole team last night with his fumble recovery for a touchdown on defense we ran hard all night just got to hold onto the ball. The drive in the 2 nd half with gravely up the middle 3 or 4 times then nate up the middle then dingess short pass from young for a touchdown was excellent play calling------ and it worked

Posted: October 3rd, 2009, 9:20 am

Agreed! The Blue Devil Defense played a great game last night! But they were on the field entirely to much! The Offense is still not performing as they should. The coaching staff need to continue to change up the offensive line. Maybe some of the defense line members should play offense also. I know that some of them have played both ways before and I doubt there would be much difference in the amount of playing time, since they are already spending most the game on the field! The play calling by the coaches staff of the offsides kick is a joke! Why continue to take a chance and run it again? The coaches lost that game last night night the Players! Itstead of yelling and screaming at the boys at half time and saying you have never been 0 and whatever in your life, maybe you should look in the mirror and ask yourself would you did tonight! Did you coach 110%? Did you leave everything on the field?

To the Seniors, hold your heads high, keep on leading and playing hard!
To the Student Section, you are doing an excellent job sporting the Devils each week! The amount of students that are traveling to support their Devils is great! You are an assest to the team and I am sure that they appreciate it. I know that as a fan, I do!

Go Big Blue!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Here we go again!!!Your dam if you do ,and dam if you don't!!! where did the 70's and 80's football go? :roll: :roll: :roll:GA you have a long road ahead. GOOD LUCK.

Mighty Mighty Devils
All Conference

BBallin fool wrote:Here we go again!!!Your dam if you do ,and dam if you don't!!! where did the 70's and 80's football go? :roll: :roll: :roll:GA you have a long road ahead. GOOD LUCK.
I have heard this forever you know as well as I do that 70s and 80s guys could not hold 4 quarters with kids today every kid on the team is in top condition where as 20 years ago o sorry almost 30 years ago it was'nt that way you had a few guys that were in good shape but not everyone on the team there was never as much conditioning as there is today

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Dingess leads GAHS defenders in Portsmouth game

Kyle Dingess, 200-pound senior defensive back, led Gallia Academy defenders in last Friday’s 34-21 setback at Portsmouth

The 5-9 Dingess was credited with seven initial hits, had four assists, one tackle for a loss, and one pass interception.

Ben Saunders had two initial hits, one hurry-up quarterback, one assist, three tackles for a loss and caused one fumble. Jared Golden had two initial hits, five assists and two tackles for losses. Dylan Hunter recorded three initial hits,two hurry-ups and one assist.

Against PHS. the team had 36 solo tackles, 26 assists, 12 tackles for losses, five quarterback hurry ups, one pass interception, two caused fumbles, including one for a touchdown,and one pass breakup.

Here’s the 2009 total tackle list to date:

Recovered opponents fumbles:--GAHS— Gordon, 2, Eastman, 1, Taylor, 1, Wilson, 1, Jarrell, 1,Pethel, 1; Hunter, 1. Totals 8. Opponents—12.

Initial hits—Moore, 24, Dingess, 21, B. Saunders, 19, Wilson, 16, Gravely, 13, Pethel, 12, Young, 11, Jarrell, 11, Allison, 10, Hunter, 10, Eastman, 10, Golden, 8, Young, 7, Taylor, 7. Gordon, 7, Thacket, 6, Guisinger, 6, D. Saunders, 4, Bokovitz, 4, Curry, 3, Johnston, 3, Lloyd, 3, Dennison, 3, Lewis, 2, Roach, 2, Atkins, 2, Jenkins, 1, Moss, 1, Finnicum, 1, Carpenter, 1. Totals--228.

Assists— B. Saunders, 16, Hunter, 16, Pethel, 15, Gravely, 13, Dingess, 13, Wilson, 12, Young, 11, Allison, 10, Guisinger, 10, Moore, 9, Tackett, 7, Jarrell, 7, Gordon, 6, Taylor, 6, Lloyd, 5, Roach, 5, Lewis, 4, D. Saunders, 3, Bokovitz, 3, Eastman, 2, Craft, 2, Barr, 1, Atkins, 1, Curry, 1, Dennison, 1. Totals—193.

Sacks—Pethel, 1, Gravely, 1, Lewis, 1, B. Saunders, 1. Totals—4.

Tackles for loss— B. Saunders, 4, Gravely, 4, Taylor, 3, Allison, 3, Lloyd, 3, Dingess, 3, Gordon, 3, Pethel, 3, Golden, 3 Lewis, 1, Guisinger, 1, Hunter, 1, Tackett, 1. Totals—33.

Pass interceptions— Dingess, 2, Allison, 1, Golden, 1. Totals—4.

Blocked punts—None.

Hurried quarterback— Hunter, 3, B. Saunders, 2, Gravely, 2, Allison, 1, Gordon, 1, Pethel, 1. Totals—10.

Pass breakups—Dingess, 2, Hunter, 2, Golden, 2, Gravely, 1, Jarrell, 1. Totals—8.

Caused fumbles—B. Saunders, 4, Wilson, 1, Allison, 1, Gravely, 1, Lewis, 1. Totals—8.
Last edited by jottings on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”