Re: ironton

Post by FANOSPORTS »

jeffie4545 wrote:when does physical fitness start

When any new "male child" in Ironton is born :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I've been told it is the 22nd of this month.....I was also told that One kid isn't going to play football this year to concentrate on basketball. I HATE THAT! I was looking for some great things out of him, hopefully, he'll change his mind as it's going to be a mighty exciting year at Tank Stadium

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

kantuckyII wrote:I've been told it is the 22nd of this month.....I was also told that One kid isn't going to play football this year to concentrate on basketball. I HATE THAT! I was looking for some great things out of him, hopefully, he'll change his mind as it's going to be a mighty exciting year at Tank Stadium

Our young men train petty much all year! What a surprise ironton is now a basketball town! Knowing you guys you might just make it rough on this fine young man!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

c'mon chein, they're kids, anybody who does needs swarped.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:c'mon chein, they're kids, anybody who does needs swarped.

Bait, I know you are above that but we have some who will. We still miss you guys visiting logan, most of all recently we can always count on a victory! Good luck and I hope you will secure a 10th game.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Considering all the people who, live in other towns and have never been an Ironton fan, continue to follow Ironton football threads...with a intensity that could only be described as borderline obsession, even when it has nothing to do with their schools, I think that Ironton would still be called a football town - with a darned good BB program to boot!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

kantuckyII wrote:Considering all the people who, live in other towns and have never been an Ironton fan, continue to follow Ironton football threads...with a intensity that could only be described as borderline obsession, even when it has nothing to do with their schools, I think that Ironton would still be called a football town - with a darned good BB program to boot!

We would have like to have hired you BB coach. Take good care of him of someone will steal him!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

moonschein wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:c'mon chein, they're kids, anybody who does needs swarped.

Bait, I know you are above that but we have some who will. We still miss you guys visiting logan, most of all recently we can always count on a victory! Good luck and I hope you will secure a 10th game.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------dude , i'm seriously gonna miss the seoal. i loved it. but i will say this game crowds were pitiful. home and away, and for basically everybody. the reason, i have no idea, but we're gonna see we'll have to travel just as far , or farther to find the same quality opponents. and if you are playing any less than that , you are fooling yourself as far as ready to make a deep playoff run.

coachb
Freshman Team

Post by coachb »

Is Dion Brown going to plkay this year

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i have not heard anything , but i can find out.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Bait..I have seen many fans from other schools talk about Ironton not having such a bad crowd at home seoal football games...These fans haven't been around too many Ironton games in the past years...we aren't used to our stadium not being completely full...This is not the main reason for leaving the league though...it was the smaller sports...it was just too expensive to send all the small sports to all the far away places when we could play against coal grove and rock hill and get nearly the same competition...as far as football..as always..we aren't going to get too many of the local schools to buy into the idea that they are going to have to challenge good competition in order to become good themselves...Most local schools have the Logan mindset...to win their regular season games against much smaller schools and get hammered as soon as they enter the playoffs..sometimes people don't get the whole picture???..

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

TIGERS90 wrote:Bait..I have seen many fans from other schools talk about Ironton not having such a bad crowd at home seoal football games...These fans haven't been around too many Ironton games in the past years...we aren't used to our stadium not being completely full...This is not the main reason for leaving the league though...it was the smaller sports...it was just too expensive to send all the small sports to all the far away places when we could play against coal grove and rock hill and get nearly the same competition...as far as football..as always..we aren't going to get too many of the local schools to buy into the idea that they are going to have to challenge good competition in order to become good themselves...Most local schools have the Logan mindset...to win their regular season games against much smaller schools and get hammered as soon as they enter the playoffs..sometimes people don't get the whole picture???..

Lancaster, Pickerington North, Zanesville just to name a few! We have never played a team from Canada! Let the fun begin!

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

Maybe I should phrase it smaller or weaker schools...sorry..lol

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Let's face it, most Schools and people alike are afraid of change and like to stay in their comfort zone. Ironton has never been that way and it's success over the years shows.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

moonschein wrote:
TIGERS90 wrote:Bait..I have seen many fans from other schools talk about Ironton not having such a bad crowd at home seoal football games...These fans haven't been around too many Ironton games in the past years...we aren't used to our stadium not being completely full...This is not the main reason for leaving the league though...it was the smaller sports...it was just too expensive to send all the small sports to all the far away places when we could play against coal grove and rock hill and get nearly the same competition...as far as football..as always..we aren't going to get too many of the local schools to buy into the idea that they are going to have to challenge good competition in order to become good themselves...Most local schools have the Logan mindset...to win their regular season games against much smaller schools and get hammered as soon as they enter the playoffs..sometimes people don't get the whole picture???..

Thats because for years, for us, you were the team from Canada.

Lancaster, Pickerington North, Zanesville just to name a few! We have never played a team from Canada! Let the fun begin!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I hope you guys have a great year. i'm pulling for SE Ohio regardless. I took in a couple of your playoff games last year. Logan is a big school and shouldn't be playing D-4 and below. I'd say all the Ironton-Logan games are now in the books. The demographics have changed. Having said that, when you swim in the big pond, there are a LOT bigger fish there. I wish we had rural divisions and city divisions. I'll leave it at that.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

moonschein wrote:

I will quote it again, for those of you who take twice to comprehend; Logan 29-1 in three regular seasons....... 2 playoff wins in three years. You do the math !!! .66 playoff wins a season. Ironton ... 3 playoff wins in 2 seasons... 1.5 playoff wins a seasons. Who plays the weaker schedule ??? :122246

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

juke boxer wrote:
moonschein wrote:

I will quote it again, for those of you who take twice to comprehend; Logan 29-1 in three regular seasons....... 2 playoff wins in three years. You do the math !!! .66 playoff wins a season. Ironton ... 3 playoff wins in 2 seasons... 1.5 playoff wins a seasons. Who plays the weaker schedule ??? :122246

I don't have a dog in this fight, but your logic is flawed because they are in different divisions. Logan is DII and plays a lot bigger schools in the playoffs than Ironton who is in DIV. The only way Logan could play a better/tougher schedule is to get all DII and DI schools on their schedule, but since there aren't very many in our area they would have to travel a lot to play the bigger schools in the regular season and most schools can't afford that anymore (like Ironton dropping out of the SEOL and citing travel expense as one of the reasons).

In looking at Logans schedule from last year they played 2 DI's, 4 DII's, 3 DIII's, and 1 DIV school.

juke boxer
JV Team

Post by juke boxer »

I go back to Logan: 29-1 reg season; 2 playoff wins in 3 seasons. Ironton; 3 playoff wins in 2 seasons. I think Ironton obviously plays the tougher schedule according to their division. This IS the reason they have divisions. In 1991, 92 and 93 Ironton was 29-1 qnd played in 2 state finals and 1 regional final. This ain't rocket science people.

Return to “Football”