PVC - what's the early buzz?

surfsider
All State

PVC - what's the early buzz?

Post by surfsider »

Any news about the Pioneer Valley Conference for 2012?

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Re: PVC - what's the early buzz?

Post by riverpilot33 »

Mark week 3 on your calender!

redskinpride
Riding the Bench

Post by redskinpride »

Shenandoahs head coach resigns he is now the d cordinater at Cambridge

journeyman8675309
Riding the Bench

Post by journeyman8675309 »

Anything on Caldwell, redskinpride?????

footballfreak22
Waterboy

Post by footballfreak22 »

I hear the River Pilots will lead the PVC. Any tthoughts??????

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

River returns a lot from their team last year, who made pretty big strides from the year before. I think they're definitely expecting playoffs. Caldwell has some key pieces to replace. Croucher at QB, Rossiter at RB, Sawyer on the line. Not quite sure what they have returning. Don't be surprised to see some underclassmen step in and make some impacts. Freshman Bricker Lori looks to be primed to take some time in the backfield, and that kid is one of the quickest and strongest i've seen at that level.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

I'll take Monroe and River and you can have the field,drain 3....you are really are high on the young group of kids from Caldwell.what was there record last year..........

redskinpride
Riding the Bench

Post by redskinpride »

I believe caldwell will be too young to make a real impact on the pvc. But they do have some starters back lead by linebacker kale rayner

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

PVC MAN wrote:I'll take Monroe and River and you can have the field,drain 3....you are really are high on the young group of kids from Caldwell.what was there record last year..........
Please point out where I made any remark about Caldwell making the playoffs, contending for a PVC title, etc.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

Sorry drain,didn't mean it to sound you were saying Caldwell was going to be good just stating that you are excited about the younger kids to make a difference at the next level.It is tough for a freshman to play with the older kids.As you said about a freshman basketball player was going to be playing next year at the varsity level.It takes a special kid to play as freshman.

redskinpride
Riding the Bench

Post by redskinpride »

i will take central next year i just dont see jay gettin out coached and the noles are virtualy unstoppable while wearing there gold jerseys

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

PVC MAN wrote:Sorry drain,didn't mean it to sound you were saying Caldwell was going to be good just stating that you are excited about the younger kids to make a difference at the next level.It is tough for a freshman to play with the older kids.As you said about a freshman basketball player was going to be playing next year at the varsity level.It takes a special kid to play as freshman.
If there's any upcoming class to be excited about, it's this incoming freshman class. Loaded with a lot of athletes. I realize it's tough for a freshman to step in against older kids, but ohysically speaking, in their respective sports, Clark and Lori both are physically capable already. I've seen their athletic ability first hand many many times over the past couple months. I definitely think that physically, they are ready to play at the varsity level. It will take time for them to adjust, but I think in the coming years they and the rest of their class, the ones behind them, and the ones already in high school, can do some great things for the Caldwell athletic programs.

PVC MAN
JV Team

Post by PVC MAN »

It will be nice to see the skins compete again in every sport.I've heard that there is alot of good talent coming up from the Jr. High level.Frontier has a couple great athletes that could of helped this years varsity teams.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

I personally would love to see Fort Frye leave for the TVC so we could beat them like donkeys on basketball every year.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

pilotfan1 wrote:The real "buzz" going around the conference is the potential for a group of teams to be added to the conference.
Curious as to who these teams are? Feel like we hear something like this every year but nothing ever comes of it.

riverpilot33
Freshman Team

Post by riverpilot33 »

I have heard Shadyside, Beallsville, and Barnsville mentioned.

redskinpride
Riding the Bench

Post by redskinpride »

bellsville wont come back they left cuz they werent doin so well in the pvc

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

I feel like we hear these rumors every year, and nothing ever comes of it

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

Shadyside and Barnesville seem like a natural fit. Barnesville basically plays a PVC schedule as is. I would say no to Beallsville because they bolted before. That should black ball them from the PVC ever again. Nothing against them but that's just my opinion.

At any rate if 3 get in at minimum 2 need to leave. Otherwise thats a 9 game conf schedule. I like having 3-4 non conf games.

I drain 3's
Varsity

Post by I drain 3's »

No thanks on Beallsville. Adding Shadyside and Barnesville would be great for the league. Like someone said though, that puts it at an 8 team league. Does anyone bolt if that happens? I suppose you could make it work where not every team plays everyone, every year. But that would be tough to do considering the amount of rivalries and big games that every school is going to want to keep.

Return to “Football”