GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

iluvgahs
Waterboy

GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Post by iluvgahs »

Who needs replaced, potential playmakers etc...

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: GAHS FOOTBALL 2013

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Looking at the OHSAA website, the Devils have an open date on Oct. 4. The same website also has Circleville and Columbus Marion-Franklin open as well. Either would be a good scheduled game IMHO.

iluvgahs
Waterboy

Post by iluvgahs »

I agree those are two solid teams, I heard they were picking up Fairland and Rock Hill next year IMO I believe they should get some tougher schools to possibly benefit them in the post-season

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I agree. I do not know how difficult it is to fill a non-league schedule, but I wish that it included some more traditional play-off teams. Scheduling up a division or 2 always helps if you win, but a loss to anyone is of no usefulness. While it is great to make the playoffs, beefing up the schedule it seems would better prepare a team for what would be facing them in the post season.......

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

i think the schedule will evolve over the next few years. i think trying to be economically sound and trying to keep travel expenses down and now facing 6 weeks of filling non league schedule has been a challenge. also finding schools with matching open dates and wanting same length contract. we also need to remember that with new 7 divisions in football we will move down a division. so we will be playing up a division a lot more in league i think it will look something like this.
athens d3
rock hill d5
fairland d4
marietta d3
??????????
portsmouth d5
warren d3
logan d2
jackosn d3

so right now we would be playing up a division at least 6 of 9 weeks. i have also hears we are trying to stay away from long commitments to keep options open for league changes that could be happening. only problem i have with this schedule is if you don't almost run the table you might non garner enough points to even get in the playoffs unless. rock hill, fairland, marietta and portsmouth really improve.

as far as players on the team goes if coach Eddy can continue to get boys to commit 100% like this group did they have a bright future.

bevo
Varsity

Post by bevo »

thought we would be d 4 next year I see 5 weeks right now
depends on how weak the seoal is agian, if they pick up smaller fairland and rock hill drop ironton and licking heights could win 7-8 games. i expect athens to be the best team in the south, jackson should be better and chillicothe should improve we lose most of the offensive and defensive lines,should be a bit smaller team next year. most of the speed back and skilled positions prob good on defense if we can get blockers.didn't have much young size standing on the sidelines

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I agree with everyone's thoughts about our schedule.. But we can't complain because we dropped I-town. If we were interested in playing a playoff contender why did we drop them, heck we should have beaten them the last 2 years....

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

superblue wrote:I agree with everyone's thoughts about our schedule.. But we can't complain because we dropped I-town. If we were interested in playing a playoff contender why did we drop them, heck we should have beaten them the last 2 years....
It was a LARGE mistake to drop Ironton. Rock Hill? Fairland? ARE YOU SERIOUS? No smack intended.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

exactly 78.... A lot of people are excited about moving down a division.. You better be careful what you wish for because it may not be what you expect.... We better wait until the new regions shake out before we get to excited.. Its good to play up but you need to play the better teams when playing up.... The league as a whole needs to get better, I can remember when the league had 3 or 4 teams in the playoffs. Not anymore!!!

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

when does the reallignment come out?

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Not sure 12... First the enrollment numbers are needed, then the divisions can be calculated and then after that someone will place you in region... So who knows, Just check the OHSAA website every so often for updates

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I'd like to see the old Coal Grove/Gallia Academy series resume sometime soon. It was always very competitive. It would be a good points game for the winner, too.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Then I could chow down at the Coal Grove Giovanni's! hmmmmm....

bluedevil21
Waterboy

Post by bluedevil21 »

kvnchambers wrote:i think the schedule will evolve over the next few years. i think trying to be economically sound and trying to keep travel expenses down and now facing 6 weeks of filling non league schedule has been a challenge. also finding schools with matching open dates and wanting same length contract. we also need to remember that with new 7 divisions in football we will move down a division. so we will be playing up a division a lot more in league i think it will look something like this.
athens d3
rock hill d5
fairland d4
marietta d3
belfry ky
portsmouth d5
warren d3
logan d2
jackosn d3

so right now we would be playing up a division at least 6 of 9 weeks. i have also hears we are trying to stay away from long commitments to keep options open for league changes that could be happening. only problem i have with this schedule is if you don't almost run the table you might non garner enough points to even get in the playoffs unless. rock hill, fairland, marietta and portsmouth really improve.

as far as players on the team goes if coach Eddy can continue to get boys to commit 100% like this group did they have a bright future.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

"belfry ky" Is this true?

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

7-3

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I have not talked to my son yet but my daughter said coach Eddy is leaving to go back to parkersburg? anyone know if this is true. If so i think they have a excellent canidate their in coach Penrod.

gobigblue12
Freshman Team

Post by gobigblue12 »

my sons would not say anything but they had a meeting this morning i guess.

coach penrod would be a tremendous hire. we better be proactive and snag him before another school does

seohhoops
Freshman Team

Post by seohhoops »

Coach Rob Woodward?

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

we would have a better chance of landing Jim Tressel than Robbie.... Plus Robbie would never leave wheelersburg....

Return to “Football”