#4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

#4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thoughts?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: #4 Athens (12-0) vs #7 DeSales (10-2)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

In listening to one of the DeSales games on the radio, the announcers made a point of stating once you get the Stallions down a couple of scores or more, they are pretty much in trouble. I think that will be the case in this one. Athens defense stops DeSales a time or two allowing their offense to put them up two or three scores and from there it is all Athens.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a close one but Athens will pull away at the end. Hopefully the game is Logan

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

It will stay close for a while but the dogs will pull away a bit.

This is a bad match up for desales. They will keep it close for a half but they won't be able to hold the dogs down all night.

PS....... Athens fans...... Don't sandbag your predictions, you know this is a bad match up for the Stallions lol

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

What do you think Orange and Brown will the game be played in Logan or Zanesville?

seoconstruction
Freshman Team

Post by seoconstruction »

Why would this game not be in Logan ?
Desales has been there done that , don't sleep on desales , but the fact they barely beat Jackson like that shows this is a very winnable game for Athens

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

seoconstruction wrote:Why would this game not be in Logan ?
Desales has been there done that , don't sleep on desales , but the fact they barely beat Jackson like that shows this is a very winnable game for Athens
just that it is about the same distance from Desales to Z town as it is Athens to Z
but they did make Desales travel to Chilly to play Jackson where Logan would have been about the same distance for theses schools
I'm good with Logan

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens going to Zanesville isn't as easy as DeSales going to Zanesville

With Athens having a passing game and running game i give the edge to the Bulldogs. From what i hear DeSales is a running team. Athens can score quick ....now DeSales can score but with their game it may take them 5/6 minutes. If they are behind late they will have to come out of their game. Athens needs to get out early then come the 4th they can go duck hunting.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Football fan wrote:What do you think Orange and Brown will the game be played in Logan or Zanesville?
I'd like to see this game played in Logan but I feel like it could be at Hamilton Township or Canal....

I don't see Desales fan base traveling that we'll so if it is closer to Columbus they may get more fans out to the game. Zanesville does a great job at hosting and their is no shortage of seating.

I won't be surprised if the game is @ Logan or Zanesville, but I think it will be closer to Columbus.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am guessing Logan or Zanesville gets this one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Desales is a triple option team and they run it really really well. They can sustain long drives and eat a lot of clock. They aren't real big but they are real fast. They can use their speed to get I to Athens backfield, but they don't match up with Athens wr's very well so look for Joe to throw some jump balls down field if he gets in trouble.

No one should take Desales lightly, but this is Athens game to lose.

I'm not predicting a blowout because Desales will move the ball and eat up lots of clock, I do think the dogs will win by 3 td's

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

might be Steubenville and Beechcroft at Zanesville

ny_defense_21
Waterboy

Post by ny_defense_21 »

Going to go out on a limb and say Athens puts up more points than anyone else has on them this year. Mostly everyone we've played has tried the run the ball and eat the clock gameplan. It only works if you have the lead. Athens 42-21

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens 54
DeSales 28

bengals01
JV Team

Post by bengals01 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Desales is a triple option team and they run it really really well. They can sustain long drives and eat a lot of clock. They aren't real big but they are real fast. They can use their speed to get I to Athens backfield, but they don't match up with Athens wr's very well so look for Joe to throw some jump balls down field if he gets in trouble.

No one should take Desales lightly, but this is Athens game to lose.

I'm not predicting a blowout because Desales will move the ball and eat up lots of clock, I do think the dogs will win by 3 td's
I Agree score should about the same as TRI-VALLEY game

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GREAT WIN BY THEM GREEN DOGS LAST NIGHT. GOOD LUCK AGAINST COLUMBUS SAINT FRANCIS DESALES.I HOPE YOU STOMP A MUDHOLE IN DEM STALLIONS.

niholly
Freshman Team

Post by niholly »

In listening to the radio sounded like Dover runs the 5 WR look and throws it all around so Desales will have a litter preparation for that. Very vanilla in their defense but just a fundamentally sound team that really just keeps plugging away till the other team makes a mistake. Jackson went toe to toe with them last night and really was a game that could've gone either way. Athens as I said going into the TV game where I predicted a 21 point win is just on another playing field right now compared to the rest of the teams in the region. This region was Athens for the taking before it started and going into Friday night I see no reason that won't be the same. Triple option is a solid offense for high school especially when run properly which obviously Desales does just that. It is an offense that is proven time and time again though that if you stop it just a couple times here and there and get a 2 score lead that it's an offense not built for the comeback. Athens will get a good look at what Jackson did against the option as I believe I seen 140 rushing 1st half just 80 2nd and will limit them. Athens offense keeps it rolling and Desales with the sophomore QB just won't have the fire power to keep up. Athens comes in and has minimal mistakes I see no reason for this game not to be a 21-28 points Athens victory. If Athens comes in plays it a little sloppy I'll still say Athens takes it but just by 10-14.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

DeSales has excellent speed and are slippery in that wide sweep. They are also sound on defense. They will be where they are supposed to e and are a great tackling team.

To me DeSales will have to be perfect to keep it interesting.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Logan didn't put in to host any playoff games this year. This game will be played at Chilly or Zanesville or closer to Columbus in Ohio high school wants it to be. Also Speed on defense is what's beat Athens the last two years in the regional finals. Desales has plenty of that. No call on this game but will be much closer than most predict.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I'm selfishly hoping it's in Zanesville!

Return to “Football”